Putting ferrule on a Revo, so much better!!!!!!!

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very simple , get your cue guy to put a piece of Juma half the size of the cynergy shaft ferrule on top of the vault plate. It adds a smidge of deflection but gets rid of the tink sound and provides proper sighting.
Predator should of done this from the beginning. Make sure you use Juma.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Putting ferrule on a Revo, so much better..... Better than what? Zero complaints on my end.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive heard of many many people complain about the sighting and the sound.
If you haven't thats great, but i have heard countless complaints. This is a awesome remedy for the people who have these issues.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it only me who smiles after such reading? It is really fun to see customers who are ready to pay that price for the shaft and then don't mind to look for solutions for this and that and pay for them. Isn't it smarter just to get c.f. shaft with a ferrule if you're amazed with c.f. shafts and want it with a ferrule for sighting and certain feel & sound. Now it is not only Revo on the market, quite a lot to choose from already but what I do know).

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its funny because it started with a guy in my area who loved the revo but had these 2 complaints.
He tried the Cynergy but found it defected to much
but said the sighting was much better and the sound.
So he thought of this remedy for the Revo
and he gave it a shot and turned out to be a
big plus for him, so I tried it as well and it made a hell
of a difference. If people like it the way it is then
obviously they wont change it but many bought the
Revo before any other cf shafts were out yet.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The situation on the market and the demand for Revo shafts still allow fairly quickly to sell one for a good price. Of course if it is in the same shape as it was bought without any changes made it is easier to sell. The money one gets for used Revo I believe may be enough or very close to allow buying a new shaft from other manufacturers...It seems a smarter way to get a new product with a warranty but everyone is free to choose his way).
When it comes to me I had my two hours testing Revo 12.9. I liked it as it was with the only exception...in order to be satisfied need 31" ... the main but is... I'm so happy with my current playing shaft that I don't see me paying the price for c.f. shaft especially when there is so much craziness around this "revolution". Once all this craziness come down and they wiil offer better products with more options for a better price I might consider getting one.
I wish you enjoy yours).

Last edited:

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
White Tape

for the sighting broblem why just not put white tip on shaft like i did on my prime m.

Back in the day, many bar cues came with black ferrules and people would simply put white tape on the ferrule area to help with sighting. It was another solution. Also, I have often played with cues without a bumper (which deaden's the feedback or vibration of the cue). This also annoyed many people, sometimes even my opponents. But it never bothered me in the least.

I just ordered a Cynergy mainly because I don't like the european taper, looking for the pro taper. Also, I wouldn't have to resort to white tape. Lol. Because it would take me a while to get used to no white ferrule.

Anyway, Good Luck with your new shafts.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very simple , get your cue guy to put a piece of Juma half the size of the cynergy shaft ferrule on top of the vault plate. It adds a smidge of deflection but gets rid of the tink sound and provides proper sighting.
Predator should of done this from the beginning. Make sure you use Juma.

I tried a short ferrule on a revo and it was better visually but, it added a "noticeable" amount of deflection that I didn't think was worth the tradeoff.

BTW, unless a person has a very "upright" stance, they cant see the ferrule while stroking at the CB in the first place.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a revo and I have never understood the need for a white ferrule to aim. But I have only used light tan tips on it (g2 and tzar). Perhaps that is enough.