Tim Scruggs Cues

Diege

Registered
Which of the Scruggs cues tend to play/be the best or not so much? Sneaky Petes? Block style TS logos? Times New Roman style TS logo? All the same?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They all play really nice... my main player for years is a plain four point Scruggs.. it has the earlier "TS" logo and joint rings.. hits a ton. His sneakies are hard to come by, no one lets 'em loose!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not everybody likes the same thing.

I LOVED the way the piloted wood to wood cues play and did not care for his ivory jointed cues at all.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not everybody likes the same thing.

I LOVED the way the piloted wood to wood cues play and did not care for his ivory jointed cues at all.

i thought some say his flat faced ivory jointed cues are his best playing cues

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's why they make almond joy AND mounds...

Different people like different things.

Party on!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I say and a lot of others "in the know".

I'm not saying the above poster is wrong. We all like what we like....period. but I too think the TS flat faced ivory was the nuts.

Having said that, I DO NOT think they are worth what they fetch as a player. As a collector on the other hand, they are undervalued.

There, that should be clear as mud.

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's why they make almond joy AND mounds...

Different people like different things.

Party on!

I giggle every time I read:

"He lost it half way through the 1 pocket"........

It's funny as he'll to anyone that has ever truly got serious with the game 1 hole because it is actually true for so many.

When I first started playing 1 hole years ago I thought I was gonna lose my mind because people I was spotting in rotation games was beating me at 1 hole.

1 hole was probably the most expensive pool I played (dearly at that) trying to learn. Yeah, they lined up to play me 1 hole for at least a year or so. Lol....not anymore though. Now they just draw a number out of hat. The winning number feels like they hit lottery from the way they act.

Thank God I was smart enough to keep most of it cheap.

Rake

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is an awesome line. I don't have ink, but I might get that, if I had to have one.

Given to us by venerable azbro,
Westcoast.
I giggle every time I read:

"He lost it half way through the 1 pocket"........

It's funny as he'll to anyone that has ever truly got serious with the game 1 hole because it is actually true for so many.

When I first started playing 1 hole years ago I thought I was gonna lose my mind because people I was spotting in rotation games was beating me at 1 hole.

1 hole was probably the most expensive pool I played (dearly at that) trying to learn. Yeah, they lined up to play me 1 hole for at least a year or so. Lol....not anymore though. Now they just draw a number out of hat. The winning number feels like they hit lottery from the way they act.

Thank God I was smart enough to keep most of it cheap.

Rake

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim didn't mass produce cues and consequently, I suspect like with other great names in cue-making, each
of the various cues Tim made can & likely will vary in some respect just based on the design & materials used.

Matt B.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screen-Shot-2017-11-01-at-2.28.54-PM.png

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take Twix, get a couple bucks...just to have sometin to do, ya know?

Or, I will take the caps CAPS to win the 2018 Stanley cup.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tim didn't mass produce cues and consequently, I suspect like with other great names in cue-making, each
of the various cues Tim made can & likely will vary in some respect just based on the design & materials used.

Matt B.

I agree! And by 1981 I already had owned 5. Kept two that were exceptionall. An ivory jointed flat face Hoppe and an ebony stained BEM 4 point piloted steel joint. Those 2 cues were as good as anything I’ve owned. Most of the petes were back heavy balanced so I moved them on to new homes but had at least 3 of them. Tim and Bob and later Mike were great men to deal with.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim spoke highly of the big screw with thin steel joint

toward the last they went with a stiffer taper that tim and mike thought was the best

not a whole lot of difference but if i had my choice thats what i would like

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two, a piloted steel joint and a tulipwood piloted joint. I prefer the hit of the steel joint one but know there are other factors. Would like to try a sneaky but can't justify the asking price these days.