Jeanette in The Buff for ESPN

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently Jeanette Lee will be appearing nude in ESPN Magazine's 2010 "Body Issue". Here's a capture from the "making of" video on ESPN's website (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5648510):

View attachment 155139

Don't bother getting all lathered up about the propriety of this...

1. It's already posted on the web by ESPN.
2. There are more revealing avatars on AzB.

She's not the sex symbol to me that she is to many pool players, but she looks damned good for a thirty-something mom.

pj
chgo

The issue here is that every single model in the history of photography puts the final outcome of the photo session completely in the hands of the photographer. And while a good photographer can make almost anyone, without coming close to opening Photoshop, look great, a bad photographer, (or someone who does not understand their subject), can make almost anyone look bad.

As someone who, in a past life, edited a lot of photos for publication, all I can say is that this photographer, while fulfilling the assignment did not or was not able to take advantage of the fact that JL's most important asset is her face. And in this photo, while her musculature may be shown off to best advantage -- while keeping within the bounds of modesty -- the beauty of her face was lost in the final image.

Outside of that, it's great pool gets recognized (on whatever level) in the mainstream media. Smart move on her part.

Lou Figueroa

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Ok, I figured out why it is so confusing, she has 3 girls now! The first is adopted, the 2nd just a year old via a surrogate and the 3rd born naturally.
All beautiful!
Also a teenage boy that they adopted and two children from George's previous marriage. Six children in total.
Irregardless of whether the picture is good or bad.
IMHO Might not be such a good idea for her to be posing like this once the picture starts floating around her children's classrooms. :(

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was checking out this magazine today waiting for the dr. If you can pick it up, some great shots of both m and w.
steven

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to bring this thread from the depths, but it really intrigued me.

I was looking this up today, after originally seeing it when it was first posted, to show my father.

There weren't many posts on this when I first saw it and didn't care to follow it because I thought it would have been filled with horny men drooling over the naked Jeanette Lee.

I was surprised to see so many, "I don't find this flattering" remarks after actually reading the thread today.

Now some of you even went further than that saying how this is bad for pool and bad for Lee's career... I understand everyone has their opinions on the subject of nudity in the public, but it seems extreme.

Did you know the first Olympic Games, started by the Greeks, were all played nude? And get this, only MEN were allowed in to see these "sexy" men perform!!!!

They were nude to show off their extreme physique and the movements of the human body and these amazing athletes.

This photo of Lee isn't about sex appeal... So those of you who don't find it appealing are getting the idea, but look further. It's suppose to show off the muscles, the physique, the form of the human body, while playing pool. Just like those naked olympians running up and down the track.

Just food for thought and my opinion on the arguements for and against the nudity in the photo.

Ben

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Somebody just sent me a bunch of photos taken of people shopping in Wal Mart. Talk about gross, disgusting, weird and downright outrageous. Makes me never want to walk in there. There may be 300 million people in the United States, but I'm thinking a few million of them belong on their own separate island. If you want to see, e-mail me, jayhelfert@yahoo.com.
DO NOT post them on here, other than the NPR section.

www.peopleofwalmart.com

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She needs a better photographer to pose her correctly. That photo just doesn't work on any level. I would rather see her in a slinky low cut black dress. I wonder who chose that awful photo and if Jeanette approved of it first.

Jay keep in mind this pic was a video capture not the finished product. As for the best look it goes back to the snake skin mini dress she wore the final day of the US Open just before she and George got married. She was starting fires that day.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeanette

Jeanette is a fine player and a lovely young woman.
For those of you who find it too much for your high moral standards , don't look. And remember the main thing .....nobody cares!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeanette is a fine player and a lovely young woman.
For those of you who find it too much for your high moral standards , don't look. And remember the main thing .....nobody cares!

i agree with you if you like it look at it if you dont then dont look! there are people in public every day that shows more clevich then that picture.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
For those who keep lambasting Lee's lack of sexuality in this photo, it isn't MEANT to be sexual or arousing. It is called an ARTISTIC nude, not an erotic nude - there is a difference. It is not meant to "do" anything for your penis, rather show the human form in an artistic manner.

I think it's awesome that she rises above her back problems and surgeries to be a confident and successful woman. THAT is admirable, not how sexy she looks naked or clothed.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
For those who keep lambasting Lee's lack of sexuality in this photo, it isn't MEANT to be sexual or arousing. It is called an ARTISTIC nude, not an erotic nude - there is a difference. It is not meant to "do" anything for your penis, rather show the human form in an artistic manner.

I think it's awesome that she rises above her back problems and surgeries to be a confident and successful woman. THAT is admirable, not how sexy she looks naked or clothed.

I don't get anything that the photo is not at all. Its beautiful, she's beautiful and she can play and make a living and look great. What's left?

Thanks

Kevin

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to go get my testosterone level checked... I saw this picture and the first thing I thought of was "ewww, red cloth".

After coming to my senses it made me realize one thing ... gives all new meaning to the phrase "playing for position" :grin:

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to bring this thread from the depths, but it really intrigued me.

I was looking this up today, after originally seeing it when it was first posted, to show my father.

There weren't many posts on this when I first saw it and didn't care to follow it because I thought it would have been filled with horny men drooling over the naked Jeanette Lee.

I was surprised to see so many, "I don't find this flattering" remarks after actually reading the thread today.

Now some of you even went further than that saying how this is bad for pool and bad for Lee's career... I understand everyone has their opinions on the subject of nudity in the public, but it seems extreme.

Did you know the first Olympic Games, started by the Greeks, were all played nude? And get this, only MEN were allowed in to see these "sexy" men perform!!!!

They were nude to show off their extreme physique and the movements of the human body and these amazing athletes.

This photo of Lee isn't about sex appeal... So those of you who don't find it appealing are getting the idea, but look further. It's suppose to show off the muscles, the physique, the form of the human body, while playing pool. Just like those naked olympians running up and down the track.

Just food for thought and my opinion on the arguements for and against the nudity in the photo.

Ben

Tap Tap

Good write