Oops... I'm looking for pool halls in ROANOKE, Virginia...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=6745
gsbt071209.jpg

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys & Dolls:
https://plus.google.com/117266841315865954212/about?gl=us&hl=en#117266841315865954212/about

Kinda dumpy at first glance, but decent tables. Kim Steel and a Diamond in a private room.

My wife has gone there by herself in the day to shoot pool with no problems. But the establishment warned her about coming alone at night. I have never been there at night but from talking to others it can get kind of rough, like outside in the parking lot (especially on weekends when there is a lot of drinking going on).

Speaking of parking, there is little or none in front. You have to go around to the side streets to park. Do NOT park across the street in the shopping center spaces. They will tow you.

They have a LOT of old timers in there who shoot one pocket all day long for meager amounts of money. If you are lucky you may find someone who will talk about the last 50 years of pool in Roanoke.

Have fun!

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are looking for more family friendly establishments in the area, (New River Valley) think about checking out the Squires Student Center, Break Zone, at Virginia Tech University and the Hurlburt Student Center at Radford University.

Radford has 8 well maintained Gold Crown IV's. The Break Zone at Squires Student Center has 16 Gold Crown III's in varying shape and 1 very nice Diamond Pro-Am.

Also, if you are in the Dublin area, there is a place called NRV Billiards. They have 6 newly felted (Simonis 860) Valley bar boxes, 2 Gold Crown III's and one very nice Diamond Pro-Am. They have a great $10 a day deal at NRV Billiards. Might not be the best place for a family, but they do not serve alcohol and the clientele is most local.

If you have any questions or want to shoot sometime, let me know! I am in the area.