John Schmidt has beaten Mosconi

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The argument that Willie ran his 526 against an opponent is dumb. The match was over at 150 balls.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, I ain't a beginner I'm 59 , I get to watch world class players all the time here with Roys Basment players and Bobby Chamberlin practicing 14-1 , personality one pocket is by far the best game to watch once you have played it , 14-1 is like watching paint dry in comparison that's why the game is all but dead and trust me no spike is coming like they say happened because of the color of money, that in the same time the Apa was formed

Lol, very few people would share that opinion on 1 pocket being a better game than straight pool. Congratulations to John, such a great achievement. The best thing that could come out of it is to help create additional interest in pool and hopefully 14.1 the best of all pool games.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Lol, very few people would share that opinion on 1 pocket being a better game than straight pool. Congratulations to John, such a great achievement. The best thing that could come out of it is to help create additional interest in pool and hopefully 14.1 the best of all pool games.

I'd wager that 14.1 will not become very popular. People these days like fast games. They like all or none games. Only the money ball matters.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There once was a player named Schmidt
Who said “I’m not gonna quit
If everything clicks
I’ll run six twenty six
And the world can try to beat it”

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
There once was a player named Schmidt
Who said “I’m not gonna quit
If everything clicks
I’ll run six twenty six
And the world can try to beat it”

I ran a few more than that in front of some friends but it was on an 8’ with new cloth, 5” pockets and snooker reds so I don’t really count it as “beating” his record. I wasn’t even gonna say anything cuz I’m not like that but...

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
I'd wager that 14.1 will not become very popular. People these days like fast games. They like all or none games. Only the money ball matters.

Then you got an attention span of a 5 year old, which doesn't surprise me since you always post dumb things here on the forum....

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Except Willie wasn’t trying to set a record he just went on a run one day and ran 526 THE FIRST TIME. ON AN EIGHT FOOT TABLE WITH HUGE POCKETS John tried every day to break it for like 3 months after no telling how many years of trying to break it off and on before that..... but whatever same thing lol

And Mosconi was getting paid a decent salary to play 2-3 games of straight pool per day. Since you seem to have missed all the important points in your own damn post.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
26692841_10210534173020582_618097069_o 1 blank bds.jpg................

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Lol, very few people would share that opinion on 1 pocket being a better game than straight pool.

And the majority of people are not champion players, such as Johnny Ervolino. I'd rather take his single opinion over 100,000 "bangers".

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Then you got an attention span of a 5 year old, which doesn't surprise me since you always post dumb things here on the forum....

That reads like a personal attack.....

How about you eat the peanuts......

You know I'm telling the truth. It would be difficult to win a large audience of fans for a game, when they aren't even aware it exists. Ask people on the street if they've ever heard of 14.1 or Straight Pool.

I know it's a great game. It's a great accomplishment. It's a very big deal.

The general public knows what 8 Ball is. Some even know what 9 Ball is. Ask them if they know what 14.1 or Straight Pool is. They don't.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow big up mr. 626! what an incredible accomplishment..I hope to catch th vid!

where there's a will, there's a way..or a john, or a....

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats John. I’m patiently waiting to buy the video. Commentary would be a nice addition.

What an accomplishment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how many more balls Mosconi would have ran with a low deflection shaft like Mr. 600 played with? :thumbup:

In all serious, this is nothing short of an incredible feat in pool history. Simply amazing!! BRAVO!!!

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I just got home tonight after a night of playing pool myself, and I'm very happy to see this news.

Beating the record by 100 balls and on a 9 foot table to me is literally shattering the record.

Anyone that doesn't think that this is anything short of amazing, just watch one of John's 400+ runs. This is exciting news. I can't wait to watch the 626.

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread has all the makings of shit show of the year.

John you can toot your own horn for eternity!!!!
Stand tall my man.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'll give you one thing, lol.... your consistently wrong.

What about? Well, other than pretty much everything you've said about pool in general but, to the point:

People are not eager to play fast games. People are not eager to play slow games either.

You want to know what game/games people are eager to play? Well, the most popular game on earth is the "EASIEST" game.

The fast part is true but not in the way you used it.

People like 9 ball for example, not because they can walk around the table faster, shoot faster etc...etc, its because they cant do the one thing 14.1 REQUIRES and that is:

CONCENTRATE for long periods of time.

I've said it before and I'll say it here, the biggest difference between most strong rotation type player and strong 14.1 players is the ability to hold concentration for a long time.

You can think of concentration as "in gear", "the zone", "dead punch". People dont slip in and out of "stroke". People's concentration, comes and goes...

The player that can concentrate the longest, is the very player that will be the best 14.1 player and the best 9 and 10 ball player when the races get long enough to matter.

You started off on the wrong foot on AZB. No worries though, I sorta did the same and others have too.

Just slow your roll and you'll be alright.

I was told to read more and post less....lol...its good advice to most here.

Jeff

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
That reads like a personal attack.....

How about you eat the peanuts......

You know I'm telling the truth. It would be difficult to win a large audience of fans for a game, when they aren't even aware it exists. Ask people on the street if they've ever heard of 14.1 or Straight Pool.

I know it's a great game. It's a great accomplishment. It's a very big deal.

The general public knows what 8 Ball is. Some even know what 9 Ball is. Ask them if they know what 14.1 or Straight Pool is. They don't.

Do your history, kid. I'm not your damn teacher, you can teach yourself all that.

From what I am reading, you are looking like you're on the wrong side of things, that's for damn sure.

Enjoy the bashing folks here are going to do to you. I will just sit back and see you make a fool out of yourself.

By the way, stop making post on your dumb questions. If you look up on your tab, there's this special button called the "Search" button. Don't be a lazy ass and answer your questions there.