Some Members We've Lost

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DWBOD - Doug Baltrip - great person who was truly liked and admired by many on here.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been knocking around here for a dozen or so years and there have been some great members we have lost. And it's not a small number.

To add some perspective I thought we could list some of their names in this thread to underscore the loss and their contributions here.

Here's just a few who quickly came to my mind:

kvinbrwr

Freddy The Beard

Mr. Bond

Smorg

3railkick

Royce Bunnell

Neil

Please feel free to add to this list with or without comments and keep fond thoughts of these great azb'ers.

best,
brian kc
Deserves its own category, I think. Well done!!

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
I've been knocking around here for a dozen or so years and there have been some great members we have lost. And it's not a small number.

To add some perspective I thought we could list some of their names in this thread to underscore the loss and their contributions here.

Here's just a few who quickly came to my mind:

kvinbrwr

Freddy The Beard

Mr. Bond

Smorg

3railkick

Royce Bunnell

Neil

Please feel free to add to this list with or without comments and keep fond thoughts of these great azb'ers.

best,
brian kc

So this list is only for the nice guys ? There is Valdemort of the forum who has passed. Probably more than one.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
So this list is only for the nice guys ? There is Valdemort of the forum who has passed. Probably more than one.

no, not just for the "good guys" at all.

I'll add A Fast Larry.

Quite the controversial fellow and what a sad ending...

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
AZB Hall of Fame

Folks:

While this thread brings back some memories, another one (memory) was jogged that reminded me this thread may be redundant.

You DO know that we have an AZB Hall of Fame for those members we've lost, right?

Here it is:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

If you want to navigate to it manually:
Main Category -> AZB Hall of Fame

Many of the members mentioned are remembered here, and in the cases of those not, *should* be remembered there. Additionally, I vote that for those that really had an impact here, that their memberships be color-changed to denote they are no longer with us, as is the case with Smorg. (His screenname / avatar / profile always appears in a different color here on these forums.)

-Sean

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be az member Wedge.

He def belongs on the noteworthy list.

The man you are speaking of was Frank Wojciechowski. I played straight pool on several occasions with him. He was a really nice guy and had a solid game.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Folks:

While this thread brings back some memories, another one (memory) was jogged that reminded me this thread may be redundant.

You DO know that we have an AZB Hall of Fame for those members we've lost, right?

Here it is:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

If you want to navigate to it manually:
Main Category -> AZB Hall of Fame

Many of the members mentioned are remembered here, and in the cases of those not, *should* be remembered there. Additionally, I vote that for those that really had an impact here, that their memberships be color-changed to denote they are no longer with us, as is the case with Smorg. (His screenname / avatar / profile always appears in a different color here on these forums.)

-Sean

hey Sean;

how have you been buddy?

Your point above was already brought up in this thread (see post 5).

I do like your idea of a different colored banner for members who have passed.

best,
brian kc

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
no, not just for the "good guys" at all.

I'll add Cross Side Larry.

Quite the controversial fellow and what a sad ending...

Can you clarify? I couldn't find anything about his passing. PM is okay if you are not comfortable posting it publicly..

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing is... we're all going to be on this list sooner or later.

Lou Figueroa

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Dick Neighbors....a fine person....posted as rhncue
...helped a lot of people in the sub forums...knew much about cues