So what is your Sneaky Pete / Sleeper Cue?

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
When you go out, and don't want to tip anyone off; what do you take with you?

I guess if you look like SVB, Earl Strickland, or Efren; it won't matter much.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
2 simple full splice cues, one a buddy and myself made and the other a Bender which is my player at the moment

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gilbert. My other cues are too expensive to road.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take whatever cue I'm using as my player at the time.

What you trying to hide?

Who you sneaking up on?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Luther Lassiter did it to people sometimes........

And he was a bad man on the pool table.

Luther's not home.

Are you saying there are people out there today that you can sneak up on and rob?

The best way to do it is to walk in with your best cue and say you can beat anybody in the house.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Luther's not home.

Are you saying there are people out there today that you can sneak up on and rob?

The best way to do it is to walk in with your best cue and say you can beat anybody in the house.

Now; I know dang well in a serious pool room, I'd better not do that.

I'm talking about a person slipping in without any fanfare, and playing a few games while observing the room; and choosing which tables / players to approach.

You notice someone with a pretty cue, playing for a few dollars a game; and try to catch them when their opponent walks away.

Or perhaps you notice someone practicing bank shots, and missing at least half of them; with their fancy looking imitation inlaid Player's cue. They have a haircut like Tom Cruise, and an overly loud looking cue and case.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I bet you paid your way through college playing pool, too

Braggadocio will get you played by anyone. A pretty cue and confidence will get the sharks loosed upon you.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I'm starting to think there needs to be a separate forum section for "it's still 1955" fantasy threads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
My current break cue is a sneaky from Phillippi. Ebony butt, Maple forearm, standard blank joint collars. I currently have a new break cue on order from him that is going to be a slightly less fancy version of my playing cue. The old break cue/sneaky will become a backup player for the less desirable places I may cue.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm starting to think there needs to be a separate forum section for "it's still 1955" fantasy threads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You mean to tell me this isnt Fantasy Island?!? :thumbup:

resized_Tattoo_Fantasty_Island.jpg

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What a brilliant question! Let's see, perhaps my very plain looking Balabushka- why? 1. No young guns in the room would have any clue as to what it represented, 2. I could go to the bathroom and leave it on the table- no one would bother to steal it, 3. No one in the room would have ANY idea of how much money I actually had in my pocket!

On a more serious note, looking at this game through the window that you are suggesting is EXACTLY why Golf first prizes are $million with national television exposure and billiards is non existent!

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to always play with an expensive custom cue and jack justis case.. etc. etc. but at some point I decided I didn’t like the attention. I bought a predator road line and plain predator case and never looked back. I’m not trying to sneak up on anyone. Just don’t want to be noticed.

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sleeper

My Sleeper is a nice Leon Sly. main player and nobody thinks twice.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member

Usually best players have old worn cues that are not fancy. I look at stance and stroke when I don’t know who to play. I’m guessing you are talking bar, and that is easier to judge.

No one cares in this day and age of apa what cue you use.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Schmelke maroon plain jane with black wrap. Cracked butt from the bottom of the wrap to the rubber bumper. There are 2 very visible glue lines from gluing it back together.

Never have to worry about the cue "walking" off. Plus, it's just nice playing with a cue without worrying about nicks, scratch, someone bumping into it. I use it more than I should.... but my restored Willie Hoppe likes being a case queen :)