My Ozone Billiards experience

scuddly

Last September, after saving up for months and months - meticulously researching exactly what I wanted, I decided to splurge on new gear.
I bought from Ozone a turned down predator cue, McDermott stinger jump cue with a Samsora tip, as well as a shit ton of accessories (predator chalk, table holder, tip pick, etc.) I gave Ozone over 1300 dollars.
I was really happy with what I bought until I made a break with my McDermott cue. The Samsara tip flew off and almost hit my buddy right in the face, so I called Ozone about my problem, and was told to send the broken shaft in and they'll ship out a replacement.
I bought a box for the shaft, and used their label to ship it back to them. I even included the tip for reference so they knew which one to put back on there. I never requested a new shaft, only for the one I sent to have the tip placed back on. (I lived in an area where I didn't trust any local pool halls to do the maintenance for me.)
So it came back, turned down and with a broken Stinger tip.
If you remembered, like they didn't, I ordered a Samsara tip. And I definitely didn't order a shaft, specialized in breaking, to be turned down.
I called Ozone, again, and told them about everything and to wait until I move to do anything further because I knew they'd screw something up. (I didn't say that last part.)
After I moved, I talked to a nice, simple, lady on the phone about all of this for fifty minutes, she said she'll take care of me and everything will be fine. The next day her manager called and wanted to reconfirm everything with me.
"No problem, you'll get your cue tomorrow and we have your new address."
I didn't get it the next day. I just checked fedex and it's being shipped to my old address, despite me confirming my new address with two different people, and before getting off the phone, I even asked them to read my shipping address back to me.
I can't figure out why this is happening. Working in customer service before, I know to be very patient and understanding with people over the telephone. I was never rude or irate, and I made it very clear what my intention was in order to avoid these mistakes. I made sure to document everything, and yet this company still fails to deliver.
I wasn't being a dick... If they screwed up my predator order, I would have been, but this is just my breaking cue. I did ask for a discount or something, and was ignored.
That doesn't bother me though, since I have no intention of doing business there again.
TL;DR: If you have a complex order, I recommend to take your money elsewhere. I've talked to 6 different people at this company since September, and none of them can follow simple directions.

scuddly

UPDATE:

I was told the manager would call me the next day (same day I posted before) and still haven't heard from anybody.
It's been four days. No emails, no phone calls, no update on the FedEx tracking. I'd really like to find more ways to let everybody know not to deal with this company.
Just in case you guys think I'm full of shit, this is what they sent me.
http://imgur.com/ELsxhNS,YwAafeX
http://imgur.com/ELsxhNS,YwAafeX#1

After I waited until 1000 to call them, since even though their website says they open at 0900... they don't answer the phones until 1000. Anyways, some poor poor nice girl was met by my wrath. I talked to her for 20 minutes and was given the same runaround I've had the previous times I've called about this mess.

"I've documented this and I emailed my manager." Apparently they've lost the same report the past 6 times. She had no idea where my current address was. I was told her manager will call me to reconfirm and I warned her it better not be the same manager that's called me before.

Nobody called me. Just got an email that my shaft was shipped out and as a hope we make you feel better present, they sent me a 1x1 pool case.... Not realizing I bought a 3x5 from them in the original order.

A little petty, but they pissed me off more because the last two times they screwed up my shipment, they sent it as priority overnight... This time they did it express save so I won't get it until next Monday.

SB8BALLER

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a similar experience of subpar customer service back around september as well. I spoke with the new manager chris scruggs, who called me and emailed me personally to fix the mishap of communication problems with their customer service staff and shipping etc... He advised me they went through some major changes and hired new people after problems. He went out of his way to make sure I was happy in the end and gave me a great deal, excellent service and follow ups afterwards. I was ready to never shop there again and they have proved many times since they are very solid- Not to mention they are the only place in the business that has a buy a try return policy of one year. I got a cue and returned in months later because I bought a new one I liked much better. It is a good thing to be able to try a cue and return if you don't like it with no questions asked.... give them another chance - they have great deals and a lot of products.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other day I ordered an OB shaft from Ozone. I realized after reading my confirmation that I ordered the Classic Pro Plus instead of the OB2 plus shaft that I wanted. They are both the exact same price. I called them to correct the problem about three hours after my original order sent via internet. I was told an email would be sent to the manager but the order had been sent to their warehouse and once it gets sent to the warehouse nothing can be changed. Ridiculous! I called again the next morning while my order was still in pending status. As I was on hold and refreshing my screen my order went to shipped status. They could not make the change in the 18 hours from my original call and until it was shipped. I have to assume they knew I was unhappy even though they had 18 hours they purposely shipped the wrong item. I was told again nothing could be done once orders go to the warehouse. But why ship the wrong merchandise knowing it was wrong. This might be an example of another company believing they have good customer service but are just giving out lip service. I told them I will return it unopened and they were good enough email me a return shipping label but will be a lot of trouble for what could have been avoided. My son and I have placed several orders with them but I am not sure I am willing to do so again if they are that unorganized. Let's see how things are credited to my account.

theluckfactor

all in the presentation
Silver Member
I hope your experience will be better then mine. Let's just say they a have a good return policy. If you went with a tip upgrade, when you return the shaft...cancel the tip upgrade, wait for the expo and get it done at the expo.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ozone was good enough to email me a FedEx return shipping label. There was no charge for returning it. I returned it unopened and Ozone should receive it today. There was a tip change in the original order. Let's see what happens.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's an update to my Ozone billiards experience for what it's worth. I just spoke to Wendy in customer service. She was really wonderful. She told me she spoke with the owner and is going to try to institute an even exchange for the correct shaft. I have sent the wrong shaft back unopened and they signed for it a week ago and have not as yet credited me. I gave Wendy my cell phone number to pass on to the owner in case he wants to contact me. If you have a problem with Ozone, talk to Wendy. She seems very capable. Let's see how this turns out. I'll revisit the forum once this is resolved one way or the other. Anyone else have a problem with Ozone? I'd like to hear about it just to see if my experience was an anomaly or not.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I ordered hustlin usa shirt from them not too long ago they sent wrong size they paid for it too be sent back and sent one out right away pretty easy too deal with although it was just shirt hope everything works out for u guys

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered hustlin usa shirt from them not too long ago they sent wrong size they paid for it too be sent back and sent right one out pretty easy too deal with although it was just shirt hope everything works out for u guys

They emailed me that they exchanged the returned shaft with the correct shaft and will send it out today. Apparently they are very busy and did not expect to grow as quickly as they have. The owner seems to want to do the right thing but has not been hands on lately because he has been busy working with suppliers and trying to grow his business but he is now in house. They have built a larger warehouse, getting rid of dead wood and upgrading systems in order to accommodate the inflow of new orders. It does seem like they are trying to please. We'll find out.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update to the problems I had getting the correct OB shaft from Ozone. I did receive the correct shaft but they changed the tip on it for me and also changed the ferrule. It did not have the maple ferrule which the OB 2 plus should have. I like a soft hit which the maple ferrule provides. Chris, a manager at Ozone, called me personally and sent out the replacement immediately with a fedex shipping label for the incorrect shaft to be sent back. They sent me the shaft without me having to send the wrong shaft back first. I hit with the shaft last night and it hits beautifully. I will send the other shaft back today. The bottom line is they really really are committed to customer service. It is NOT just lip service. They are growing by leaps and bounds and as with any young organization there are kinks in the system. I am sure they will streamline their business.

fram6878

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't ever use Ozone Billiards!!!!!!! I sent 2 predator shafts back to them for return. They received them on 14 Jan. I'm still waiting for my refund!!!!!! I just got off the phone with them, and the lady said she couldn't help me and to wait for an email by Thursday. That's not right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ozone is going through a lot of growing pains. They have opened their big showroom store in Kennesaw, GA in the past year and expanding their brand online. I live less than 10 miles from their new store and know enough now that I go to their store vs. buying online. I understand that most can't but they are trying and they are great folks. Hard to beat their deal of having them re-tip, clean, and seal your shaft for the cost of the tip (although I think they recently instituted a $10 charge for this service).

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kinda sounds like Ozone needs to get their sh*t together, then give us a call after :)

I've had all good experiences with Seybert's FWIW.

MDSPHOTO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had very good customer service at the Kennesaw store. The salespeople are very helpful and knowledgable and and some of them are pretty good players.

I'm surprised by the customer service issues since they pride themselves on being a family owned and operated business one would thing decision making would be more decentralized, so perhaps it is just growing pains of moving from an online business to a hybrid B&M model.

My concern is that they maybe expanding beyond their needs. The Kennesaw store is enormous and the shelves are barely full. They are now selling hot tubs, massage chairs and home theater seating which, IMHO, dilutes their original business model. I hope they survive as there have been other stores in that area that have failed having those same product offerings in an overly large retail space.