Nice 8 ball run out by Chris Melling

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing what these guys can do when they have to!

https://youtu.be/vKD7EdzMjAM

Always a pleasure to watch it again and again when someone discovers it for the first time. 8 ball can be such a beautiful game - we all have a run out against the odds story but this one is pretty special. Chris Melling was buzzIng like a once a week bar player who had just hit his first three or four ball finish. A bit of luck? Yep but that takes nothing away from an exceptional out.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your just now finding this?

I heard they're now making layered tips for pool cues.

It's only 7 or 8 months old. I haven't seen it posted here. I'm sorry I didn't post something about how alternate break is ruining pool, or how racking templates or triangles are screwing up the game.... or some other kind of childish drama.

I thought it was just entertaining And it wouldnt start up all the whinning ass little beaches complaining about something. Well it shouldn't have anyway.

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always a pleasure to watch it again and again when someone discovers it for the first time. 8 ball can be such a beautiful game - we all have a run out against the odds story but this one is pretty special. Chris Melling was buzzIng like a once a week bar player who had just hit his first three or four ball finish. A bit of luck? Yep but that takes nothing away from an exceptional out.

There was some luck for sure, but the 4 rail shot was pretty amazing.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume this is the match against Mika since I can't view YouTube from work. If it is, yes, this was one of the best outs I have ever seen. Do a little research here if you want a good laugh. Some guy said that kick shot to get on the 8 was basically a hanger...lmfao!

Koop - loves a good keyboard warrior from time to time

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I assume this is the match against Mika since I can't view YouTube from work. If it is, yes, this was one of the best outs I have ever seen. Do a little research here if you want a good laugh. Some guy said that kick shot to get on the 8 was basically a hanger...lmfao!

Koop - loves a good keyboard warrior from time to time

Didn’t he also call the four -railer a “hanger” for anyone who banks?:D

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t he also call the four -railer a “hanger” for anyone who banks?:D

LOL...yep, that's the shot I was talking about. I only wish I could be that good to call a 4 rail kick a hanger :thumbup:

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Who cares if it's been posted before, it's not that hard to pass on a thread if you know you've seen the video. Give the guy a break, he was just sharing something of interest & pool related. I'd seen it too but sure did not mind getting to see it again. Nice post, Buck!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Yeah and you don't have to hand-crank you're car to start it anymore. Who knows, next might be a way to wash clothes INSIDE you're cabin.

Or better yet, how about some way to divide a loaf of bread into edible sized pieces? I hesitate to over simplify it but maybe somethin' akin to sliced bread? I have hankerin' that that might ought be a bit popular down yonder with them city folk. :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
It's only 7 or 8 months old. I haven't seen it posted here. I'm sorry I didn't post something about how alternate break is ruining pool, or how racking templates or triangles are screwing up the game.... or some other kind of childish drama.

I thought it was just entertaining And it wouldnt start up all the whinning ass little beaches complaining about something. Well it shouldn't have anyway.

Lol, don't sweat it. AZ is a tough crowd. Spectacular runout from Melling (even Mika clapped at the end). I still say the masse on the 2-ball was the most impressive shot of the bunch.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, don't sweat it. AZ is a tough crowd. Spectacular runout from Melling (even Mika clapped at the end). I still say the masse on the 2-ball was the most impressive shot of the bunch.

Oh I don't. I expect it and shoot back a little. All is good.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still say the masse on the 2-ball was the most impressive shot of the bunch.
It was a great shot, but I think the first shot of the rack was the most impressive. I've seen a handful of sporty masse shots and 4-raileres on youtube (mostly by Efren), but I've never seen anyone pull off a timing shot like Melling did. Heck, out of all my years surfing pool vids on youtube, I can only recall one other video where someone even attempted a timing shot. It was Ortmann playing 8 ball and his attempt at a timing shot wasn't even close.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a great shot, but I think the first shot of the rack was the most impressive. I've seen a handful of sporty masse shots and 4-raileres on youtube (mostly by Efren), but I've never seen anyone pull off a timing shot like Melling did. Heck, out of all my years surfing pool vids on youtube, I can only recall one other video where someone even attempted a timing shot. It was Ortmann playing 8 ball and his attempt at a timing shot wasn't even close.

Yes! The timing shot I have seen done for trick shots, but never during a match.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first shot was intended to be a simple kiss shot off the 13 and he missed it pretty badly and got lucky.