Dr Dave public thank you

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for all you have done to make Az a fun place
rather a place where at least one person makes helpful comments, and provides
wonderful video instruction available

I have played pool 65 years with some of the greatest players to ever play and never really got any good,I never even heard of the things you descibe and demonstrate on here regularly

I am in awe of the things you regularly make available

Thank you for all you do,I have never seen anything like this
Dean

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
goes above and beyond trying to make the game understandable. if you have an engineering degree:thumbup:

great info, here and on youtube, thousands have learned things about pool that without his free help would never have learned otherwise. a great ambassador of our beloved sport.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Dean

Same. Thank you Dr.D for your love of the game and sharing it. Much appreciated.

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No doubt, good thread Dean! Dr.Dave is the man! He puts crazy amounts of work into helping people, he deserves a thank you thread

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Member of the Year Award?

In all seriousness he gives a lot for a whole lot of nothing. Thank you.

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm more knowledgeable about pool thanks to you, Dr. Dave. Thank you for taking the time to document your testing and providing detailed assistance to everyone.

I'm excited and looking forward to attending your boot camp in a few months!

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

Thanks for advancing the game! Your video's are a regular topic of discussion in my circle and we always discover something we can use, Thanks again!

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Back in the day no one would share any info to new players in the room.
How could they steal lunch money from high schoolers by telling secrets.

The CB is white for 1 reason. New players can't see when the CB slides.
I lost lots of change by not knowing to hit stun to stay on the tangent line.

Once I new that secret I started to put a lot more change into MY pocket.

That was in the late 50's..Today Dr. Dave shares much info for everyone.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pog etc
theblue GoldCrown 1 is my favorite table

I like it better than my Centennial,but my wife thinks Gold crowns look
like an old pool hall

How would she know? She has never seen the inside of a real pool hall

I would love to own the nicest Gold Crown 1 in the world,blue

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

I have played pool 65 years with some of the greatest players to ever play and never really got any good,I never even heard of the things you descibe and demonstrate on here regularly

Dean
A big THANK YOU to Dean and everybody else in this thread with the supportive posts. I really appreciate it.

As you guys probably already know, I aim to swerve, :grin-square:
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm more knowledgeable about pool thanks to you, Dr. Dave. Thank you for taking the time to document your testing and providing detailed assistance to everyone.

I'm excited and looking forward to attending your boot camp in a few months!
Aaron,

I remember that you were the very first to sign up for our July, 2020 Boot Camp (about a year in advance!).

I look forward to meeting and working with you,
Dave

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lest we forget the devilish banter. Great personality and great talent are tough to beat. Oh, and all that knowledge ain't so bad, either.

Thank you!

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aaron,

I remember that you were the very first to sign up for our July, 2020 Boot Camp (about a year in advance!).

I look forward to meeting and working with you,
Dave

I'm glad I signed up when I did because all of the spots filled up within a month or so!

VERY IMPRESSIVE considering the required $500 down payment due at the time of signing up - nearly a year in advance. It speaks volumes about the trust and loyal following you have across the country and other parts of the world.

Do you plan to schedule additional boots camps in 2021 to accommodate for the MASSIVE interest ?

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm glad I signed up when I did because all of the spots filled up within a month or so!

VERY IMPRESSIVE considering the required $500 down payment due at the time of signing up - nearly a year in advance. It speaks volumes about the trust and loyal following you have across the country and other parts of the world.

Do you plan to schedule additional boots camps in 2021 to accommodate for the MASSIVE interest ?
We might actually add an Overview Course Boot Camp later in 2020 since our waiting list is so long. If not, definitely in 2021.

Thanks again for you interest and support,
Dave

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the body of work speaks for itself. The only one available; to anybody no less. I bring that up in case any one thinks I'm a detractor.

Sofaking

Registered
What a great idea!

I was turned on to Dr. Dave by a friend who is a very good player and recommended I visit the YouTube channel. I was completely flabbergasted by amount of content available. I really enjoy the organization and separation of topics with detail. Thanks, Dr. Dave, for all you have done! Please, keep it up. Many of us are truly appreciative.
I’d also like to thank Dean for this thread. Well done!

Brent

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I've learned more from Dave than from anybody else, and am learning from him to this day. His website: Billiards and Pool Principles, Techniques, Resources (AKA Dr. Dave's Multimedia Poolopedia) is easily the only pool/billiards information resource in its class for size or quality, and it continues to grow both ways. [One word, Dave: back ups.]

Add to that his growing schedule of instructional events and commercial products and his "retirement" is sounding more busy, not less - lucky us!

AzB Hall of Famer, if ever there was one.

Thanks, Dave.

pj
chgo

Last edited: