Thomas Wayne - What the hell is he up to?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a fan of Thomas Wayne and his super high end cues, and havent seen anything from him in a few years.

Dem Bones IMO is his top, but Celtic Prince is incredible too.

Is he still turning out incredible stuff or has he slowed down?

Hell, I even like his Northwest cues, he made to just piss folks off....

Ken

Attachments

• Celtic Prince.jpg
    Celtic Prince.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,610
  • Dem Bones.jpg
    Dem Bones.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,789

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a fan of Thomas Wayne and his super high end cues, and havent seen anything from him in a few years.

Ken

Please explain.
Or as 7 of 9 would say "Elaborate"

Don Owen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ken

The cue call Jurassic is not too bad either.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please explain.

Ohhh Thomas....

I can't "elaborate" on that one.

But I remember one time a person who had sent a cue in to Thomas for repair was--in Mr Wayne's view-- pushy or indignant about how long it was taking...

Soon the person was opening a smaller package than expected. Thomas Wayne ran the cue through the woodchipper before putting it in the mail....

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please explain.

As I heard it, Thomas and Jerry got their feathers ruffled, and Thomas made the cues as a poke in the eye, even calling them Northwest cues to bring comparison to Southwest cues.

I have always wanted a Northwest cue, but have never pulled the trigger on getting one. I have heard they are great players, (like a Southwest), but without the hype of Southwest cues. In fact, they seem a little nicer than a Southwest, but IMO they were a copy with improvements.

Ken

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cant help but think if this was Deanoc's thread;
1. No pictures.
2 there will be a Northwest cue for sale soon.

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is still out there creating some incredibly artistic cues. Unfortunately for cue lovers, some of his work goes directly into private collections, never to be seen online.
Here are some of the bigger Thomas Wayne cues that have been publicly shared over the last 8 years or so:
30th Anniversary
2010 ICCS
Purple Reign
Space Needle
Pilsung
Chateau Veritas
Commingling Box beauty
Rosewood burl & MOP

I know you asked about recent work, but given how long some of these take, the above is a "recent" body of work. The most recent one I'm aware of was just last month- Lacewood Burl

Bill of Cornerstone posts some great pictures, so be sure to use the full-sized close-ups to check out the craftsmanship & detail.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is still out there creating some incredibly artistic cues. Unfortunately for cue lovers, some of his work goes directly into private collections, never to be seen online.
Here are some of the bigger Thomas Wayne cues that have been publicly shared over the last 8 years or so:
30th Anniversary
2010 ICCS
Purple Reign
Space Needle
Pilsung
Chateau Veritas
Commingling Box beauty
Rosewood burl & MOP

I know you asked about recent work, but given how long some of these take, the above is a "recent" body of work. The most recent one I'm aware of was just last month- Lacewood Burl

Bill of Cornerstone posts some great pictures, so be sure to use the full-sized close-ups to check out the craftsmanship & detail.
I am a fan, hadn't seen a few of those, that last one, damn

cue472-3.jpg

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I was rich and that I was a collector.

Reality, I’m a league player on a production cue budget.

Nice Cues, thanks for sharing

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
As much as I admire Thomas Wayne’s cues, I would like to see him write a book.
...he’s literate, passionate, and a bit scary.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ohhh Thomas....

I can't "elaborate" on that one.

But I remember one time a person who had sent a cue in to Thomas for repair was--in Mr Wayne's view-- pushy or indignant about how long it was taking...

Soon the person was opening a smaller package than expected. Thomas Wayne ran the cue through the woodchipper before putting it in the mail....
I’m sorry, but that’s funny.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He destroyed the guys cue to be a dick.

I've heard that story a number of times, but can't figure out if he actually did it?
Or just a legend based on this exchange?
(I'd have to say, based on the players positions in the exchange, i tend to end up in the camp going "do it", "do it".... ) But there does not seem to be a resolution? Can anyone fill in "the rest of the story?"

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.sport.billiard/XNIraXRWPlE

Short version: appears a conniver who sometimes called TW's wife while drunk to harass her, sent a junk cue to TW to be repaired and "authenticated" as a TW. TW says it was not. The story above is much longer. It does not say if the cue was shredded, TW mentions thinking about it.....

smt

Last edited:
I've heard that story a number of times, but can't figure out if he actually did it?
Or just a legend based on this exchange?
(I'd have to say, based on the players positions in the exchange, i tend to end up in the camp going "do it", "do it".... ) But there does not seem to be a resolution? Can anyone fill in "the rest of the story?"

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.sport.billiard/XNIraXRWPlE

Short version: appears a conniver who sometimes called TW's wife while drunk to harass her, sent a junk cue to TW to be repaired and "authenticated" as a TW. TW says it was not. The story above is much longer. It does not say if the cue was shredded, TW mentions thinking about it.....

smt

Lol, that was a hilarious thread to read, but I did not finish it. I wonder if the owner of the cue ever got his cue back.