who is winning superman one hole

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gomez vs Shane!
Gomez vs SVB would be great but getting Shane to commit to playing a gambling One Pocket match is going to be tough.

SVB plays very little One Pocket these days, he's very busy playing rotation events.

I would love to see SVB to play more One Pocket, he skips most of all the big entry fee events i guess One Pocket just not a priority to him.:shrug:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gomez vs SVB would be great but getting Shane to commit to playing a gambling One Pocket match is going to be tough.

SVB plays very little One Pocket these days, he's very busy playing rotation events.

I would love to see SVB to play more One Pocket, he skips most of all the big entry fee events i guess One Pocket just not a priority to him.:shrug:
Since he's got the North Florida,errrr, World 14.1 title sewed up he outta play 1p more. ;)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn Filipinos, come over here and spoil all the fun. You show them a new game and then they kick your ass at it. :D
Roberto is a great player, he plays great on all tables too

He won lot of big Bar Box events last couple of years.

Last year he won the Big Foot event at The Derby and then went into action room and beat Filler for the cash playing 10 Ball on the 9ft

Now he has his sites set on One Pocket :yeah:

sneakynito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree it's a damn shame. I really hate that we don't get to see SVB in more 1p.
I heard it was because he doesn't do smoking tournaments and almost all the big 1p tournaments outside of DCC (which he won 2 yrs in a row if i remember) are smoking.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I don't play one pocket, but I have a question. Do you guys think these matches were slow, or is this about average? I was getting out of stroke just watching them get up and down 3 to 5 times on their shots.

On the other hand, it's my impression that Roberto can take the grind and the heat. In fact, we saw him thrive on it. He is Superman. Not to take anything away from Evan. He is a great player and this match could have easily gone either way.

Last edited:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
It wasnt "slow" to me. Them getting up and down several times per shot, which both of them did, was truly uncertainty IMO. They were playing better and smarter when doing so on day 2. That's what can make it like watching paint dry to some, me included, from time to time. Seemed like Lunda out moved Gomez but sold out on some of him attempted moves, and Gomez out shot him when running balls. Not sure how the comeback and major outrun went on day 3 because I didn't get to watch.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Seemed like Lunda out moved Gomez but sold out on some of him attempted moves, and Gomez out shot him when running balls. Not sure how the comeback and major outrun went on day 3 because I didn't get to watch.

I don't know that much about one pocket, but basically, Roberto showed his monster speed and Evan just wasn't as sharp as he had been. The advantages Evan had just seemed to dissipate.

Roberto has an absolute ton of heart. He could be down 7 to -3 and he plays just as hard as if it were 7 to 7. Roberto is a different player than he was 10 years ago. I remember his wild break and circus shots. He's not that guy anymore. He's matured. None of this to take anything away from Evan. When he's right, he's sensational too.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chip plays very good
I think he has a chance,but he might be the underdog

By the way,what happened to Joey?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know that much about one pocket, but basically, Roberto showed his monster speed and Evan just wasn't as sharp as he had been. The advantages Evan had just seemed to dissipate.

Roberto has an absolute ton of heart. He could be down 7 to -3 and he plays just as hard as if it were 7 to 7. Roberto is a different player than he was 10 years ago. I remember his wild break and circus shots. He's not that guy anymore. He's matured. None of this to take anything away from Evan. When he's right, he's sensational too.

I took him at 17-17 from a friend who said Evan was A player and Roberto was a B ,, I said I've watched him here when they were all here with Roy and things Roy was streaming and from what I saw I didn't see that to be the case , I think he's just scratching the surface on how good of one pocket player he can be