John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're absolutely right Bill, and I apologize for my part in it. Just seemed like a funny comment about CW.

Scott Lee

Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
No apology needed for me. I believe what John did should be celebrated. If he is happy with the arrangements, why should anyone else have issue?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Its a $100 because Dragon needs his cut for advertising it with his World Championship event.

We offered a format to Charlie that we thought would work for our location, they went with it. Will it be for everyone, no. It happens if people find value in it, or it doesn't.

Why does there have to be so much negativity on this site? Is that what we should be concentrating on? There is only a couple thing you can offer to a large group of people that will please everyone. Free and money! Not too sure if one of those wouldn't make someone mad, these days. Should we just not do anything in fear of pleasing the AZ community?

Speaking of this community, it use to be a great way to share ideas and learn from one another. Now it seems like a bunch of trolls trying to one-up each other, and/ or trying to sell you something.

There have been tons of things, done wrong, by a lot of people throughout the years. Those things have held American pool back. You learn from it and move on. Bringing it up over and over again does no good. Time to move forward! Become the solution, not the problem.

And even worse, is the new player that comes to this site to try and learn about this wonderful sport. Only to find out........

What would CW have to do with Schmidt showing off his run at the Billiard Factory?
"We offered a format to Charlie that we thought would work for our location, they went with it."

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would CW have to do with Schmidt showing off his run at the Billiard Factory?

"We offered a format to Charlie that we thought would work for our location, they went with it."

Charlie has done stuff with us in the past. The 14.1 tourney is a couple miles away. John is going to be here to play in it. John would like to share his accomplishment with us while he is here. We have a 20,000 square foot store with a theater room. We have a training center with GC III through VI 's
They want to check out the new Rasson table.

Last edited:

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The streaming area is almost done
c417297083d9c2d33614dee00c6b8bda.jpg
e3fd82703949c7f4d74309a7ae5ba632.jpg

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No apology needed for me. I believe what John did should be celebrated. If he is happy with the arrangements, why should anyone else have issue?

There is a reason why after a team wins a championship the parade is shortly there after and not 6 months later ,

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm, maybe post it as soon as non pool media get wind of it and make a thing about it? Rather than wait a while and charge people for the privilege of watching something that those who really care about it don’t need to watch. What looked like a good thing for the game has become a cynical exercise to make a few bob. Mildly sickening.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw these 2 comments on FB this AM regarding John's 626 semi-public video showing in Ventura:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
John Schmidt - reaction comments - 626 first public viewing.JPG

Arnaldo

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Watch out for birds

A fellow i knew said he met Rudolf Wonderone and complimented him on his new Cadillac. Minnesota Fats said "every time a bird shits on it - I just buy a new one". When legend becomes fact - print the legend. I would say their is a problem with their video and fats just washed his car.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A fellow i knew said he met Rudolf Wonderone and complimented him on his new Cadillac. Minnesota Fats said "every time a bird shits on it - I just buy a new one". When legend becomes fact - print the legend. I would say their is a problem with their video and fats just washed his car.

You going to be in Jacksonville for the upcoming WORLD 14.1 by the Dragon and the special presentation of Schmidt's edited run?

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Its a $100 because Dragon needs his cut for advertising it with his World Championship event.

We offered a format to Charlie that we thought would work for our location, they went with it. Will it be for everyone, no. It happens if people find value in it, or it doesn't.

Why does there have to be so much negativity on this site? Is that what we should be concentrating on? There is only a couple thing you can offer to a large group of people that will please everyone. Free and money! Not too sure if one of those wouldn't make someone mad, these days. Should we just not do anything in fear of pleasing the AZ community?

Speaking of this community, it use to be a great way to share ideas and learn from one another. Now it seems like a bunch of trolls trying to one-up each other, and/ or trying to sell you something.

There have been tons of things, done wrong, by a lot of people throughout the years. Those things have held American pool back. You learn from it and move on. Bringing it up over and over again does no good. Time to move forward! Become the solution, not the problem.

And even worse, is the new player that comes to this site to try and learn about this wonderful sport. Only to find out........

Does breaking the record by exactly 100 balls make you question the serendipity of it all? Or your good with the coincidence?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

Little green men landed on my lawn today and I can't get rid of them. They are outside now, running all around my house, yelling my name (How did they know?). I called the police and told them little green men had me surrounded and they laughed at me.

I've got an idea. I'll see if any of them want to play pool. That should scare them off! :nanner:

more jokes, the real joke is u believed what you heard - without seeing evidence. It's a known fact that Schmidt will cheat or be dishonest - if he tinks there is a buck or two in it. Again Jay make all the wise cracks u care to, but u r too intelligent to believe - without first seeing proof - but yet u did. This speaks volumes to me bout your character, the story I had bout the 93 open did not involve me - u probly will never get to hear. Even you agree that their phony table privatized' video marketing could have been handled different. They needed one more accolade to print while pushing him through the hall of fame - they (powers at b) chose to target the great Mosconi's record - this is a shame. If the little green men landed u would want them to play dennis first i think. Defeating the unknown has to do with honesty and heart - not making jokes about drive by media. Drive by media mob is not a joke, neither is sanded slate phony tables and corrupt people trying to make a bum look as if he has class.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No serendipity involved. 18 month purposeful dedication to an end result. Finally caught the car, but doesn't know what to do with it.

Then that leaves coincidence. That's an uncomfortable wool sweater we're being asked to wear.

Last edited:

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does breaking the record by exactly 100 balls make you question the serendipity of it all? Or your good with the coincidence?
I was it the HOF dinner this year when the BCA awarded John a plague for his accomplishment. Good enough for me

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
sham

I was it the HOF dinner this year when the BCA awarded John a plague for his accomplishment. Good enough for me

Your a very poly tickly' correct person, have you seen the little piggies in their starched white shirts? Table was modified (like the table in Virginia where he ran his 403 more than likely). Always have clean shirts - to play around in. I defeated him for the cash - and am winner on him playing Straight pool - challenge match and tournaments - on a non- modified Diamond real professional table - that is good enough for me. I can assure you when a player delivers heavy heat in his direction - he crumbles and while he does have the talent - he lacks the right temperament to be a champ. jmho

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Harriman...If you're so much better than JS, why don't you just phoney up a table for you, and BEAT HIS RECORD. Should be easy since you're so much better than him (in your mind)! BTW, good luck with that task! Also, I'm no fanboy of JS, so I have no dog in this fight! I do, however, respect the accomplishment.

Scott Lee

Your a very poly tickly' correct person, have you seen the little piggies in their starched white shirts? Table was modified (like the table in Virginia where he ran his 403 more than likely). Always have clean shirts - to play around in. I defeated him for the cash - and am winner on him playing Straight pool - challenge match and tournaments - on a non- modified Diamond real professional table - that is good enough for me. I can assure you when a player delivers heavy heat in his direction - he crumbles and while he does have the talent - he lacks the right temperament to be a champ. jmho

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No thanks

Danny Harriman...If you're so much better than JS, why don't you just phoney up a table for you, and BEAT HIS RECORD. Should be easy since you're so much better than him (in your mind)! BTW, good luck with that task! Also, I'm no fanboy of JS, so I have no dog in this fight! I do, however, respect the accomplishment.

Scott Lee

I don't really feel like getting some gaffed up table (as he did - rebco? 5" sanded slate pockets) I know yer some sort of scholar instructor - I have nothing to learn from political puppets scholars. There really should have been a standard set long ago (pockets size for professional players). In Mosconi's time they actually never competed on nine' tables, if I ever do start recording my runs - it will be on a Brunswick Arcade 5x10. There will not be any sanded slate pockets or goofy generic off brand gaffed up table, I will be going after Crane's record. I will post a small video of it and then sell it to the public in a more normal marketing plan. There will not be any need to worry about smokey mirror tricks and goofy tables - the run will be legit. I have seen how corrupt any sports marketing agency can become when they are trying to promote their products. I promise john cue' public if they would have inspected the table in Virginia where he ran his 403 they would call him Mr. cheater. Guiness book of world records does not recognize it as a new world record - that is good enough for me. Since there seems to be no standard as far as pocket spec's - I could get a goofy 5" + pocket table and possibly surpass it but that ain't my style. If u don't like schmidt than at least you have some sense.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... In Mosconi's time they actually never competed on nine' tables ...

According to Mosconi's autobiography, the BCA changed the standard for championship play from 10-footers to 9-footers in Aug. 1949. Willie and everyone else playing the championships from 1950 on used 9-footers. Willie's championships were pretty evenly split between the 1940's and 1950's.