Put Earl Strickland on Team USA in 2017 Mosconi Cup

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has already put 100 percent of himself in any event he shoots in. Aside from his multiple championship titles, too numerous to name here, this BCA Hall of Famer can get there.

Though Earl has always put an effort on exercise and keeping in shape, he has never been in better shape now. Those on the scene in recent events said Earl arrived chipper and in tip-top condition,raring to go. He is the epitome of American pool, and like it or not, he's a crowd favorite to watch in every single event he competes in.

It is my understanding that the European team captain who is supposed to be Team USA captain has a couple wildcard picks. Earl Strickland should be one of them. Shane likes playing with Earl, and he is well respected by many of today's American young guns.

Team USA needs a veteran on the team, someone who's not afraid of the lights and cameras, someone who can handle the pressure on the TV table. There is no better representative in these United States of America than Earl Strickland. To not choose him would be wrong. And believe me, nobody on Team Europe would look forward to playing against Earl because they know he is powerful and can fight back.

December 4-7, 2017, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Earl Strickland for 2017 Mosconi Cup! USA, ALL THE WAY with Earl on the team!

Attachments

• mc2017_early_logo_basic_rgb_dark_2000px.png
    mc2017_early_logo_basic_rgb_dark_2000px.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,752
Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has already put 100 percent of himself in any event he shoots in. Aside from his multiple championship titles, too numerous to name here, this BCA Hall of Famer can get there.

Though Earl has always put an effort on exercise and keeping in shape, he has never been in better shape now. Those on the scene in recent events said Earl arrived chipper and in tip-top condition,raring to go. He is the epitome of American pool, and like it or not, he's a crowd favorite to watch in every single event he competes in.

It is my understanding that the European team captain who is supposed to be Team USA captain has a couple wildcard picks. Earl Strickland should be one of them. Shane likes playing with Earl, and he is well respected by many of today's American young guns.

Team USA needs a veteran on the team, someone who's not afraid of the lights and cameras, someone who can handle the pressure on the TV table. There is no better representative in these United States of America than Earl Strickland. To not choose him would be wrong. And believe me, nobody on Team Europe would look forward to playing against Earl because they know he is powerful and can fight back.

December 4-7, 2017, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Earl Strickland for 2017 Mosconi Cup! USA, ALL THE WAY with Earl on the team!

While I agree that Earl is one of the best pool players ever I cant say that he is a crowd favourite anymore, at least not in Europe. Here across the pond there is a general consensus that Earl behaves so badly during tournaments that it crosses the border of unsportmanlike conduct BIG TIME. It may be the cultural thing but for europeans this is really a big no-no and even if Earl can still be a genius at the table his antics got to the extent where it is purely unacceptable. And from what I heard even Barry Hearn gave up on Earl for couple of different reasons. And yes, you are right, no one on Team Europe would look forward to playing Earl but mainly because of his behavior at the table...

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
While I agree that Earl is one of the best pool players ever I cant say that he is a crowd favourite anymore, at least not in Europe. Here across the pond there is a general consensus that Earl behaves so badly during tournaments that it crosses the border of unsportmanlike conduct BIG TIME. It may be the cultural thing but for europeans this is really a big no-no and even if Earl can still be a genius at the table his antics got to the extent where it is purely unacceptable. And from what I heard even Barry Hearn gave up on Earl for couple of different reasons. And yes, you are right, no one on Team Europe would look forward to playing Earl but mainly because of his behavior at the table...

The European fans have been some of the most disrespectful and annoying I've ever seen. You think they'd like Earl's antics.:shrug:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The European fans have been some of the most disrespectful and annoying I've ever seen. You think they'd like Earl's antics.:shrug:

Lets just say that what you see at Mosconi Cup are not average european fans...;) There is one funny thing about Earl - when he occasionally travels to Europe to play as guest star at Hangelar Open in Germany he is at his best behavior, he is cordial with fans and fans love him when he is like that. But for whatever reason he is not like that very often at tournaments. Maybe it is the pressure which gets the worst from him, at Hangelar Open he gets appearance fee so maybe the pressure is off and he can act like a normal guy..trust me, I would be the first to cheer him if he acted like that all the time, Earl was THE reason why I started to play pool and he was my role model for a long time..

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets just say that what you see at Mosconi Cup are not average european fans...;) There is one funny thing about Earl - when he occasionally travels to Europe to play as guest star at Hangelar Open in Germany he is at his best behavior, he is cordial with fans and fans love him when he is like that. But for whatever reason he is not like that very often at tournaments. Maybe it is the pressure which gets the worst from him, at Hangelar Open he gets appearance fee so maybe the pressure is off and he can act like a normal guy..trust me, I would be the first to cheer him if he acted like that all the time, Earl was THE reason why I started to play pool and he was my role model for a long time..

Are you European? Figures! You Europeans can't handle the truth. Earl will wipe the floor with all of those Team European members. He's in dead-punch stroke and in the best shape of his life. Come get you some, Euro!

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hmmm, he was a complete arsehole at the Hangelar Open 2 years ago, calling his 17 year old Dutch Opponent (Jan van Lierop) a f**king retard very audibly to the crowd several times during their match at the arena table. After the Dutch lad beat him, he refused his hand and instead put his fingers in his ears and walked off.

I hope he plays the Mosconi, cos the European fans will shark him to bits, and I would love to see that particular car crash.

JAM, I know you reside somewhere up Earl's ass, but being European is not a reason to think Earl is a dick, it's his behaviour that gives that away. I'm sure Johann knows that picking Earl is a recipe for disaster for his team.

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you European? Figures! You Europeans can't handle the truth. Earl will wipe the floor with all of those Team European members. He's in dead-punch stroke and in the best shape of his life. Come get you some, Euro!

The truth is, the Mosconi is getting a bit boring, too easy for the past several years.

Hopefully Johann can whip them into some sort of shape so they can at least make a game of it this time.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm, he was a complete arsehole at the Hangelar Open 2 years ago, calling his 17 year old Dutch Opponent (Jan van Lierop) a f**king retard very audibly to the crowd several times during their match at the arena table. After the Dutch lad beat him, he refused his hand and instead put his fingers in his ears and walked off.

I hope he plays the Mosconi, cos the European fans will shark him to bits, and I would love to see that particular car crash.

JAM, I know you reside somewhere up Earl's ass, but being European is not a reason to think Earl is a dick, it's his behaviour that gives that away. I'm sure Johann knows that picking Earl is a recipe for disaster for his team.

Ouch..didnt know about that one :mad:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There's a lot of folk who don't think the European Johann should be the captain of Team USA, but if he is going to be the captain, he should pick the best players for the team. And that's Earl Strickland. What Europeans think about Earl is immaterial at this juncture. So hate on! It's good for the rivalry.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The truth is, the Mosconi is getting a bit boring, too easy for the past several years.

Hopefully Johann can whip them into some sort of shape so they can at least make a game of it this time.

And let's not forget when that Brit Peach threw a baby pacifier in the pit towards Earl during a Mosconi Cup. Yeah, Europeans got a lot of class, don't they? Not!

The only reason Peach won a world championship in Philippines was because he used a bird break. Shame!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can already read the tea leaves on this thread. It's going to be Whack-a-Mole -- I mean Whack-a-Euro. :grin:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I dont think Earl being coached by Ruijsink would go over so well...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think Earl being coached by Ruijsink would go over so well...

Earl is playing golf with the co-coach this week, Johnny Archer. I'm sure Johnny will help steer the American Mosconi ship to the winner's circle. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, back at the Don Coates Memorial Tournament which is in progress at the time of this writing in Raleigh, North Carolina, consisting of some of the best American pool players in the country, Earl went for the highest in the Calcutta. We know Earl's the best. Europe is afraid of Earl's power on the table. They know with Earl on Team USA, they may lose.

Attachments

• 20914370_1774143999282350_3476181625608287158_n.jpg
    20914370_1774143999282350_3476181625608287158_n.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 509

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And let's not forget when that Brit Peach threw a baby pacifier in the pit towards Earl during a Mosconi Cup.

Very apt though considering his tantrums wouldn't you say? You are trying to defend the indefensible, he was a great player in his day, and a world class tool then and now.

What is a bird break by the way? In Scotland a bird could be a woman, you saying he used a woman's break??

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You know very well I am European Jam :grin::grin::grin: As for the truth it is USA who could use a reality check, Europe is kicking your a22 for quite some time both in MC and Atlantic Cup where Euro youth really dominates their US counterpart to the point where it is a joke basically. You have no organization which could unify pool in USA to create a tour or bring some unified instructor system to your kids (BCA has failed big time). Yes, you have some really strong players but Europe has maybe 5 times more young talent than you do, thats the reason why we can build better team than you, it is simply about number of players to choose from and competition between them. As for Earl - let his wins do the talk, it is some time since he won anything significant..

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, back at the Don Coates Memorial Tournament which is in progress at the time of this writing in Raleigh, North Carolina, consisting of some of the best American pool players in the country, Earl went for the highest in the Calcutta. We know Earl's the best. Europe is afraid of Earl's power on the table. They know with Earl on Team USA, they may lose.

Being maybe number 3 or 4 in the US doesn't mean as much as it used to, or maybe you are living in some sort of red, white n blue tinted world from the distant past.

Can Johann MAGA???

I'm sure he'll do a better job than Jabba the Trump