Kenny Murrell Butterfly Cue

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
The stork will be bringing this cue to me soon. I told my friend Kenny that I wanted a cue that had brightly colored butterflies... and we had to get advice from his wife on the choice of veneer colors. I personally think she did a good job.

The cue is still with Kenny... he is doing some finishing touches on it. Pictures came from Kenny too.

20080421001.jpg

noel2.jpg

noel3.jpg

noel1.jpg

Description:
tulipwood forearm, 4 butterfly points of purpleheart
with purple/light blue/lime green/orange veneers,

4 long point with same veneers, black stack leather
wrap, butt sleeve matching forearm, simple silver ring
at all points, black linen joint and butt cap, 1 shaft
standard taper, matching jp's

nbc

LosOsosCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that thing just pops out. Best design I have seen for tulipwood. Those are some great butterflys as well.

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
WOW!!! Would love to see the finished product. Please post pics of the whole cue when you get it.

Detlev Rackow

Barbox addict
Silver Member
I didn't know he does Butterflies as well :eek:

Beautiful cue, congratulations.

I had to learn that it's better to trust his wife with the colours, too :eek:

Regards,

Detlev

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Damn'it Noel, yet another cue added to your collection. You gotta make me shoot with that baby.

cuemasterpieces

When a man loves a woman
Silver Member
nice

nbc said:
The stork will be bringing this cue to me soon. I told my friend Kenny that I wanted a cue that had brightly colored butterflies... and we had to get advice from his wife on the choice of veneer colors. I personally think she did a good job.

The cue is still with Kenny... he is doing some finishing touches on it. Pictures came from Kenny too.

20080421001.jpg

Description:

nbc

Great :thumbup2:

Berny

Jeffrey Gale

My WoW stick.
Silver Member
nbc said:

20080421001.jpg

noel2.jpg

noel3.jpg

noel1.jpg

Description:

nbc

Very nice, the only thing that's lacking, is a full shot of the cue, good luck with the new cue.:thumbup:

chiatlard

ohmycarter?
Silver Member
hmm, yep, maybe you could attach a full cue pic so we can fully appreciate the beauty of a points+butterfly splices(both normal and reverse on that forearm, i assume? :rolleyes: )
VERY nice cue by the way :thumbup:

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
Thanks cuelovers... for your kind words. I agree that Kenny's wife has a really good eye for colors.

As soon as I get the cue, I will take more pictures of it and post it here.

To Blowfish: When will you be in country? I hope that I will also be around and that we can play a few games... although, I am sure you will give me a whupping... my game has gone down a few levels as I have not played in months. All this flying around is bad for billiards.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Jule said:
That's a looker alright. Nice colors and nicely executed!

When i first saw this cue i had to call kenny . All i could say was Bright huh. He told me that it looks better live then in the pictuires ..
But looking at it agian i said it could play with it.

So now to be noted im looking to get a Butterfly cue with the same colors in mind but a ebony forearm.

LOL that is a GOOD LOOKING CUE>>>>>

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
My apologies for digging this out. The cue is finally with the owner. This one is a hitter as well as a looker. Congrats Noel and please don't forget to post the whole cue pix.

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
My apologies for digging this out. The cue is finally with the owner. This one is a hitter as well as a looker. Congrats Noel and please don't forget to post the whole cue pix.

Thank you very much, Blowfish.

Finally got to play with the cue last night... 4 straight hours on a relatively good table I found in one of the bars here in the boondocks.

All I can say is that Im happy. :)

Btw, was chatting with Roy and he says it has "gay" veneers. You think he meant "happy" ? hahaha.

I'll try to take pics later. Have to set up my "studio".

See you soon, i hope.

nbc