Mosconi Cup 2019 - Thanksgiving?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are your thoughts as to the timing of next year's Cup? I'm still considering attending but the Thanksgiving timing may be a road block although the wife may be into and she's not even a pool fan, just over hosting 20 people on Turkey Day.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been to the last 3 in Vegas and would love to make the next one, it’s already tough getting tickets, now that they won it’s going to be even harder. And my birthday is November 29th so I’d love it.

MATCHROOM SPORTS! I know you post on here, make my birthday wish happen!!!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are your thoughts as to the timing of next year's Cup? I'm still considering attending but the Thanksgiving timing may be a road block although the wife may be into and she's not even a pool fan, just over hosting 20 people on Turkey Day.
I don't understand the thought process of Matchroom Sports scheduling the Mosconi Cup for Thanksgiving week, with the final day being on Thanksgiving Day. Seems like the Mosconi Cup has always been played the first week of December, at least in recent years. I wonder if it had to do with a scheduling conflict with the venue? I don't think this will be good for their viewership going up directly against NFL football, not to mention traveling, Thanksgiving dinner and family get-togethers for many of us.

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The holiday will keep American fans from attending and then they can fly in more Euro-holes to take up all the seats and scream EUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRROOOOOPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bloody brilliant.

Will the UK based Matchroom still be displaying the EU flags and uniforms? LMAO

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Matchroom got a good discount from Mandalay Bay. Having the Mosconi during Thanksgiving, would be the equivalent of having it during Christmas in the UK.
Do you think it's possible that Matchroom were not aware that it was Thanksgiving that week?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand the thought process of Matchroom Sports scheduling the Mosconi Cup for Thanksgiving week, with the final day being on Thanksgiving Day. Seems like the Mosconi Cup has always been played the first week of December, at least in recent years. I wonder if it had to do with a scheduling conflict with the venue? I don't think this will be good for their viewership going up directly against NFL football, not to mention traveling, Thanksgiving dinner and family get-togethers for many of us.

Sales were already weak for last year's MC in Vegas.

I went out last year and the only seat I could get, Day One, was for the nose-bleed section. Day Two I was able to move half-way down the arena. Day Three I was practically in the VIP section. T-Day is pretty dumb scheduling.

Oh, word to the wise: once you get past the halfway point in those metal bleachers they haul around for the MC, you cannot see diddly-do-da. Not enough seating elevation and too many heads between you and the table.

Lou Figueroa

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been to the last 3 in Vegas, this one will fall on my birthday and i’d Love to be there.

MATCHROOM SPORTS I KNOW YOU POST ON HERE!
Make my birthday wish happen, I’ll buy the tickets just make sure I can get them!

My family will be fine doing Thanksgiving in Vegas, it will be much warmer than here in Chicago.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the US team can just keep on the current trajectory, there will be no games on Thursday. Figure for a flight about 3PM on Wednesday and you should be home in time for turkey.:grin:

But the timing is a little strange.

Thanksgiving in Vegas does have some advantages.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily Frazer
COO, of Matchroom Multi Sport said in a interview after the event the only 2019 dates that were available at Mandalay Bay were Thanksgiving week and they had no other choice.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where will the location for the Cup be and what is the ticket price?
2019 Mosconi Cup at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas!

Mosconi Cup-- Mon., Nov. 25, 2019
Mosconi Cup--Tues., Nov. 26, 2019
Mosconi Cup--Wed., Nov. 27, 2019
Mosconi Cup--Thurs., Nov. 28, 2019

TICKETS go ON Sale DEC | 12 | 2018 here https://www.axs.com/events/365864/mosconi-cup-tickets

2019 partypoker Mosconi Cup ticket prices:

Silver
Per session: $48
Season Ticket $161

Gold Gold seating is within rows four to seven.
Per session: $70
Season Ticket $239

VIP Platinum packages include seating within the front three rows, a traditional breakfast buffet, unlimited beverages, a meet and greet with players and much more.
Per Session: $255
Season ticket: $950

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...VIP Platinum packages include seating within the front three rows, a traditional breakfast buffet, unlimited beverages, a meet and greet with players and much more.
Per Session: $255
Season ticket: $950
In London the VIP package included dinner each night which was a pretty good buffet. Each table had a couple bottles of wine and a cooler of beer. The food court and the pub at the venue were OK but if I had known about the nightly dinner I would have sprung for the VIP package. I got in the first night on a friend's spare ticket.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily Frazer
COO, of Matchroom Multi Sport said in a interview after the event the only 2019 dates that were available at Mandalay Bay were Thanksgiving week and they had no other choice.
That confirms what I had speculated was the likely reason - thanks.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Flights are gonna be a nightmare that week....worst week of the year to fly in the US, so I've been told

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Flights are gonna be a nightmare that week....worst week of the year to fly in the US, so I've been told
I doubt that the preceding Sunday will be bad, and I don't think that many will be flying on Black Friday except through the aisles of stores. I think one of the best days to fly is Thanksgiving in case you leave right after the matches -- everyone else will be doing turkey.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, because it's Thanksgiving week, am I right in thinking flights and hotel are gonna cost more?
Off season. The hotels are already booking for then. Mandalay Bay claims to be sold out, but the hotels/motels along Tropicana are coming in at $140 to $275 for four nights before tax and the extra-special customer dissatisfaction fees. The Day's Inn on Tropicana is $231 total for four nights all fees and taxes included and with free cancellation. The same at the Tropicana is $526 but cheaper if non-refundable. That was through booking.com but there may be cheaper sites such as the hotel site itself.

In my experience it is cheap to fly on Thanksgiving. The Friday after, I'm not sure, but I would expect it to be low. Who on Earth would spend Thanksgiving in Las Vegas and fly home the next day?