Another "What did I just buy?" Post...

Beebop21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most everything looks authentic, and had to buy it never having seen one like it. Someone cared enough about it to I think have a new shaft matched to it when the collar on on the original shaft cracked. Anybody recognize or have guesses of what this is, or origin?

And second question: If I told you I spent over $100 on this would you be more likely to:
A) Laugh,
B) Cry,
C) Shrug. IMG_20190213_185129.jpegIMG_20190213_185000.jpegIMG_20190213_185106.jpegIMG_20190213_185226.jpegIMG_20190213_185144.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lean towards Asia but could not pin down a Country. The joinery is not great but the woods are nice.

Beebop21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pin throws me off a little......pretty short.

Beebop21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crown cues
I found that to be a singularly great guess PDX.....upset I hadn't thought of them. Contacted them of FB not expecting a response anytime soon, but got one right away:

"Some of our cues did have a second shaft that was different from the first. The wood in these looks like they could be some Gene made, but I can't verify it for sure. They are most likely not original, though.

We are pretty sure that is a "Frankenstein" version of a Crown Cue... Bits and pieces rebuilt as another monster, completely. The reason I say that is because we do recognize some of the wood designs. ..."

"There is a good chance the shafts may be some we built, but possibly "rebuilt" by someone else.

Please tell our friends on azbilliards that we said hello and thanks for pointing you to us. And do let them know what we said about it."

Well, that's nice. :)

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crown Cue from Oklahoma...hey used the "crown rings"

Gene Le Viengne (sp) was the maker

Beebop21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't see any markings. Were Crown cues marked in some fashion?