CSI INVITATIONAL 8-BALL (July 23-25, 2014) 16 Players (Winner $8K/ Runner up $5K)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final CSI Invitational event comprising 16 top players starts in about 1.5 hours from now (11am Pacific time )
http://www.playcsipool.com/Events/UpcomingEvents/2014CSIInvitationals.aspx
First stage- Round robin (4 groups x 4 players)
Knock Out stage- Winner of each group goes to semifinals
Winner $8000
Runner Up $5000

Group A
Warren Kiamco
Ko Ping Chung
Mike Dechaine
Jayson Shaw

Group B
Efren Reyes
Chang Jung Lin
Corey Deuel
Thorsten Hohmann

Group C
Shane Van Boening
Ralf Souquet
Dennis Orcullo
Yu Hsuan Cheng

Group D
Francisco Bustamante
Ko Pin Yi
John Morra
Darren Appleton

Lots of big matchups today. Shane Vs Ralf, Buste Vs Ko Pin Yi

Matches for July 23 (Wed)
All Times are Pacific time (GMT - 7 hours)
Only 1 of 2 matches will be streamed
11:00am Warren Kiamco vs. Ko Ping Chung
11:00am Mike Dechaine vs. Jayson Shaw

01:00pm Efren Reyes vs. JL Chang
01:00pm Corey Deuel vs. Thorsten Hohmann

03:00pm Shane Van Boening vs. Ralf Souquet
03:00pm Dennis Orcullo vs. Yu Shuan Cheng

05:00pm Francisco Bustamante vs. Ko Pin Yi
05:00pm John Morra vs. Darren Appleton

07:00pm Jayson Shaw vs. Ko Ping Chung
07:00pm Mike Dechaine vs. Warren Kiamko

Last edited:

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So last night they said it was gonna be Kiamco and Ko on the stream, now they're showing Shaw and Dechaine I guess??

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
you are right , Screen showing Dechaine v Shaw now :(

those two have quite a history matching up and beating each other in finals. I expect that will be a good match. Shaw should be good at 8-ball given his past but Dechaine will likely outbreak him.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we could hardly hear ken, but let a commercial come up, it is on full blast.

they really need to lower the volume on the commercials. it is very annoying.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO Shaw is by far the better potter and shotmaker while Dechaine is probably better in break. Shaw should win this :grin:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
IMHO Shaw is by far the better potter and shot maker while Dechaine is probably better in break. Shaw should win this :grin:

Both are most noted as being shot makers though so it is a battle of the shot makers. Should be an interesting match. I think Shaw is ahead in their recent match ups but I could be mistaken.

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a very good match. I never thought it wouldn't be just trying to see what it was gonna be. Wish they would give us a couple updates on the Ko Kiamco match.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dechaine 4-1 and shaw scratched on the break...

shaws in big big trouble here.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a very good match. I never thought it wouldn't be just trying to see what it was gonna be. Wish they would give us a couple updates on the Ko Kiamco match.

Don't like to compare and complain but those who followed the recent World 9b will be disappointed. The World 9b had regular scoring updates, brackets, streams on all 10+ tables . From qualification stage also. Almost 2 weeks .And all free Quality was awesome courtesy of Kozoom :thumbup:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaw soft breaks.

2uomhwj.jpg

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't like to compare and complain but those who followed the recent World 9b will be disappointed. The World 9b had regular scoring updates, brackets, streams on all 10+ tables . From qualification stage also. Almost 2 weeks .And all free Quality was awesome courtesy of Kozoom :thumbup:

Yeah. You can't compare anything to that stream ever. It was the stone cold nuts. If you expect anything close to that every stream you're gonna be real disappointed.

Zerius

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kozoom was the service provider. Qatar paid the bills for the stream.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
update from the baby ko and kiamco match..

warren runs out 4-3 and breaking.
25ul35s.jpg

Last edited: