Looking for cheap repair lathe

80P

Banned
I am looking to buy a cheap repair lathe. Something for changing tips and cleaning shafts. If anyone has one please pm me.

TC Mabe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.midamericapool.com/index_files/Page331.htm

The link takes you to the Midamericapool page for the professional model repair lathe.

It is more expensive than your budget, but in my opinion it is worth saving up a little more cash and getting it.

I started down the road with buying the basic starter package which was a smaller bed and a lighter duty motor ... While that smaller model will do exactly what you have suggested you would like to do for a great price ... Your needs will eventually outgrow the equipment ...

Don't get me wrong, you can do a lot of the work with that basic kit, but as sure as I am taking the time to type this, I would bet that within a few months of people finding out that you do tips and cleanings, there will be requests that you will want to do but will not be able to do as easily on the smaller setup.

With that being said, if you only want to do basic repair work and you don't really intend to go deeper down the rabbit hole of repair and building ... Then buy either the basic with the 4 foot bed or get the starter setup .... Either one will serve you well for a while ... And if you get the 4 foot model .... You can eventually buy a larger bore headstock and a stronger motor to attach to the lathe bed.

Todd is a great guy .... Very patient .... Extremely customer satisfaction oriented and knowledgable ....

Best of luck on your journey !

T.C. Mabe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk