Fast Eddies

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on a multi state trip and left Alaska in mid August. A week ago I was in Shreveport and stopped at a place called Fast Eddies. I got there about 1;30 PM and played for a couple of hours. It was just me and a couple others in the place.

There are over 30 tables in this big place, mostly 7 & 8 footers but also three 9' footers. The cloth on the 9' table I was on was very dirty and needed replacing but the table rolled good and the rails were good. From what I saw most of the tables needed new cloth and some attention.

Being from Alaska I'm not used to the hot weather so that and the sticky hands from the heat took some of the fun out of shooting. The good news is it was 6 bucks for the day to shoot. They must sell lots of food and booze since they ain't making much on tables.

DWreckTheBoss

Registered
I'm on a multi state trip and left Alaska in mid August. A week ago I was in Shreveport and stopped at a place called Fast Eddies. I got there about 1;30 PM and played for a couple of hours. It was just me and a couple others in the place.

There are over 30 tables in this big place, mostly 7 & 8 footers but also three 9' footers. The cloth on the 9' table I was on was very dirty and needed replacing but the table rolled good and the rails were good. From what I saw most of the tables needed new cloth and some attention.

Being from Alaska I'm not used to the hot weather so that and the sticky hands from the heat took some of the fun out of shooting. The good news is it was 6 bucks for the day to shoot. They must sell lots of food and booze since they ain't making much on tables.

This is pretty much all fast eddies. Cheap pool on raggedy equipment. Pockets are falling down, pockets shimmed tight, but funny. They definitely reject balls that should go in at pocket speeds. Some of the shelves of the pocket actually will roll the ball away from the hole. Have left frustrated from that place more times than any other pool hall. It has really made me a lot better though, running out on those tables makes running out at other places quite a bit easier I would say.