Jerry Mcworter cue

SRS5090

Registered
I purchased a Mcworter cue 4 or 5 years ago. The cue cost well over 4000.00. Both the the butt and the shaft are not straight. Also the butt you can feel the inlays. Jerry has decided he does not want to fix it.

Please help. What can I do

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a Mcworter cue 4 or 5 years ago. The cue cost well over 4000.00. Both the the butt and the shaft are not straight. Also the butt you can feel the inlays. Jerry has decided he does not want to fix it.

It has been 5 years, his responsibility is long past. Having said that. The shaft can be replaced, that is no problem. How bad is the butt? A certain amount of movement in the butt is acceptable and it can depend on how the cue has been stored and used. Either way, cues move, that is just a fact.
When you aid he didn't want to fix it, didn't you mean for free?

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member

Jerry usually stands behind his work 100%. This to me seems to be a statement that is pretty open ended. Could you elaborate a bit more on why Jerry says he won't fix it?
There are different reasons why certain cuemakers won't touch their own cue and I was just wondering why he has told you he won't fix it?
In 4-5 years a cue can be subjected to a pocket full of no-no's.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey

I have a Jerry cue that i bought from him about 4 years ago. The shafts both were a bit warped, and I called Jerry and told him about it.

He very graciously and quickly said "send them to me and I will make you two new ones no charge" He is an honorable man that stands behind his work.

There must be something more to this

Steve

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

To say "Jerry has decided he does not want to fix it." is about as ambiguous as a statement can get.

What can you do?? Not leave your 4000.00 cue in a car in Vegas? Sorry, but if you can infer that Jerry has washed his hands of this cue for no reason then I can assume that you have abused it and he is certainly within his right to refuse to fix it.

Did you call him up and say "What the **** is up with this *****" ect..ect..?? That is a good way to make ANYONE decide you aren't worth their time.

OBVIOUS abuse or being a jerk are the ONLY two reasons he would refuse to help you...PERIOD

P.S. If you are going to make accusations about one of the most respected cuemakers in the country, it might be a good idea to type a WEE BIT more before you hit the "submit reply" button.