WPBA U.S. Open

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW - don't see Dawn Hopkins in the lists , and who is Dawn Fox Hutchinson ?? she almost took down Megan 9 -8 .

PoolGrapevine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, Jasmin is struggling. Barely won 9-8 and then beat 9-3??
Ga Young had tough on too. 9-8 eked over Baretta

CHRIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since my sis Alice isn't participating in the US Open this year, I have to root for my friend - the new and upcoming player - Amy Chen from Atlanta! She lost her first match on the hill but won her 2nd. GO AMY!:thumbup:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW - don't see Dawn Hopkins in the lists , and who is Dawn Fox Hutchinson ?? she almost took down Megan 9 -8 .

She has been around WPBA pro pool since 2006/2007.Originally from ohio and I don`t know where she lives now.

DR Pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since my sis Alice isn't participating in the US Open this year, I have to root for my friend - the new and upcoming player - Amy Chen from Atlanta! She lost her first match on the hill but won her 2nd. GO AMY!:thumbup:

I was wondering how she could have played her second match already, but I see that they moved everything up and played a round early to accomodate for the 4 additonal TV hours used for the quarterfinals.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Hasn't day 2 started yet?

EDIT: Just checked the brackets, and day 2 has certainly started :)

Last edited:

Pjadedd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Julie Kelly went 2 and out. The WPBA site mentioned that both Line and Jasmin were two of five players who came right from an international event, which could explain if they were tired/not at their respective bests. I don't know who the other 3 are, but wouldn't be surprised if Julie was one of them.

PJ

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Julie Kelly went 2 and out. The WPBA site mentioned that both Line and Jasmin were two of five players who came right from an international event, which could explain if they were tired/not at their respective bests. I don't know who the other 3 are, but wouldn't be surprised if Julie was one of them.

PJ

Jeanette Lee, Vivian V, Allison Fisher, Line Kjorsvik and Jasmin Ouschan all played in the World Games in Taipei last week.

Allison won 9-8 over Jasmin in the final

BETNHI

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jasmin wins this afternoon, takes out Heather Lloyd 9/3, plays Miyuki Sakai tonight, c'mon Jasmin pullin for you in OKC.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed that Angel Paglia beat Kim Shaw, 9-8, to draw into the final 16. I'm not sure she's ever made it that far before.

I also see that her next match will be against Karen Corr. Now I may be wrong but I think the last time they met, Angel won. That would've been a couple of years ago, during the BCA event in Vegas.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed that Angel Paglia beat Kim Shaw, 9-8, to draw into the final 16. I'm not sure she's ever made it that far before.

I also see that her next match will be against Karen Corr. Now I may be wrong but I think the last time they met, Angel won. That would've been a couple of years ago, during the BCA event in Vegas.

Angel has been working really hard on her game and I hope she is able to keep on winning. Good for her.

BVal

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
What am I missing? Kelly Fisher and Jeanette Lee both lost a game in the same round. Kelly is still in, Jeanette is not. I don't get it. Johnnyt