WPBA U.S. Open

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Hey. :) The do a redraw when they get down to 16, and it goes to single elimination at that point.

but Kelly and Jeanette lost in the same round. Why does Kelly go to the loosers side and Lee goes home? I'm missing something here. Johnnyt

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
but Kelly and Jeanette lost in the same round. Why does Kelly go to the loosers side and Lee goes home? I'm missing something here. Johnnyt

Johnnyt, Kelly lost the round before. She went to the one lose side then came back to play Allie again. Jeanette lost in single elimination.

Lea A

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, you guys are fast...They're both out now, though. What round are you talking about, John?

Last edited:

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Update from WPBA.com (Anne "Frogkissin" Craig), Allison beat XTP in first match of quarter finals 7-3.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Johnnyt, Kelly lost the round before. She went to the one lose side then came back to play Allie again. Jeanette lost in single elimination.

Ok, I got it now. I thought they both lost while still in double elim. I hate this format..hate hate it hate it. Johnnyt

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Ok, I got it now. I thought they both lost while still in double elim. I hate this format..hate hate it hate it. Johnnyt

Yeah....I've mentioned to some wpba folks the obvious unfairness of having as many as eight players get caught in the single elimination trap of this format. They like the sweet sixteen setup for some reason likely to do with TV rounds and television air time.:shrug:

I'm not certain but Jeanette may have gotten caught by the single elimination thing more often than anybody else.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Who's here?

I've been here since Wednesday, but outside of the AZers/players haven't met anyone else!

"HI MOM!" lol

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
I've been here since Wednesday, but outside of the AZers/players haven't met anyone else!

"HI MOM!" lol

Is there much of a crowd? How have the audiences been?

Oh also just saw Corr beat Viv 7-5 in quarterfinal #2.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Yeah....I've mentioned to some wpba folks the obvious unfairness of having as many as eight players get caught in the single elimination trap of this format. They like the sweet sixteen setup for some reason likely to do with TV rounds and television air time.:shrug:

I'm not certain but Jeanette may have gotten caught by the single elimination thing more often than anybody else.

I seems like she has to me too. johnnyt

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Final in on quarter final #3...........Ga Young Kim over Helena Thornfeldt by 7-3. The last quarter final is the battle of the pixie haircuts Monica Webb vs Gerda Hoffstatter.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Final in on quarter final #3...........Ga Young Kim over Helena Thornfeldt by 7-3. The last quarter final is the battle of the pixie haircuts Monica Webb vs Gerda Hoffstatter.

The crowds have gotten increasingly better by the day....
Tomorrow should be filled up I think!

Gerda and Minca have both been playing jam up all week.
But watching Allison and Kelly twice last night, was crazy!
Paglia and Corr was a good match, but Karen had the table dialed a little bit more. There was a lot of times when the match could have gone differently.
Christina DeLa Garza played really well and the match between her and Mychelle Monk was kinda tense-
Plus it's freezing in here!
I'd have to have a parka!lol

Mowem down

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
couldnt agree more....

Ive been around alot of dif. games and this redraw at sixteen and make it a one loss tourny from there is just crazy. At any level that isnt fair, but we are talking about pros here, giving somone a extra loss is crap....

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Gerda takes Monica 7-5
Comes in tomorrow to play Ga Yung Kim, and Allison Fisher vs.Karen Corr,

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Gerda takes Monica 7-5
Comes in tomorrow to play Ga Yung Kim, and Allison Fisher vs.Karen Corr,

Yep...........like all four players but I'm kinda rooting for a Corr Vs Hofstatter final. Just for a real change of pace and cause at Borderline Gerda sent Karen to the one loss side and Karen came back to beat Gerda in the final.(you guessed it...single elimination in the final):rolleyes:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Yep...........like all four players but I'm kinda rooting for a Corr Vs Hofstatter final. Just for a real change of pace and cause at Borderline Gerda sent Karen to the one loss side and Karen came back to beat Gerda in the final.(you guessed it...single elimination in the final):rolleyes:

Love to see it, but Ga Yung ain't messin' around.....;)
Tomorrow is gonna be good all the way around!