Cue Tips

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
UltraSkin medium and OInkers for me. Waiting to wear one of these out so I can try the Pro version

PhoenixVA

Old Rookie
Silver Member
My main playing tip is Kamui Black (medium). I've installed this tip on all 5 shafts of my two main playing cues (Scruggs & Mottey).

I tried the Ultraskin tip on a friend's cue and it was nice but to me it seemed like the Kamui was just a bit firmer which I preferred even though I do not to play with tips that are rated "hard".

Over the past 35 years, I've tried just about every tip imaginable and for my playing preferences, Kamui Onxy just plays the best of all the tips I've tired. I'm looking forward to trying the new Kamui clear when it's time to change one of my cues' tip.

I have heard good reviews of the Kamui clear soft, and that the soft tips were still fairly hard, so I got two installed on a Meucci Original with two black dot shafts (yes, I play with a Moochie, LOL!). It's true, they are fairly hard, so much so that it has revealed a detrimental flaw in my stroke on draw shots. I'm popping more balls in the air than Larry Bird. But, if I keep it shaped correctly and picked good and focus on my stroke, they play REALLY WELL. No problem on any other english, just a little on the bottom. I like the looks of them, too, with the clear pad. On the two shafts of my Moochie, I had a LePro on one, which was fairly new and soft, and a Triangle on the other, which had a soft to medium hit.

shortyz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the same problem with the kamui black soft, it just wouldnt hold if i tried to power draw anything. Miscued 50%,of the time. That usually happens to me when a tip is too soft, itll play good with everything except long draw shots. I actually liked the ultraskin soft alot better than the kamui clear blak soft, still a little soft for me but no miscues like the kamui blak soft. The kamui originals are better than the blacks imo but thats just my 2 cents. My favs are kamui original, triangles, the uskins aint bad so far, and blu elf tips.

I have heard good reviews of the Kamui clear soft, and that the soft tips were still fairly hard, so I got two installed on a Meucci Original with two black dot shafts (yes, I play with a Moochie, LOL!). It's true, they are fairly hard, so much so that it has revealed a detrimental flaw in my stroke on draw shots. I'm popping more balls in the air than Larry Bird. But, if I keep it shaped correctly and picked good and focus on my stroke, they play REALLY WELL. No problem on any other english, just a little on the bottom. I like the looks of them, too, with the clear pad. On the two shafts of my Moochie, I had a LePro on one, which was fairly new and soft, and a Triangle on the other, which had a soft to medium hit.

danstrokes

Registered
I played with leather tips up until 2 tips ago. Elk master and triangle.
Then I went with a G2 soft tip. The quality of the leather is exceptional. But it was way too soft for my liking. Not to mention the price was up there.

Then I had a ultraskin medium put on. I was hesitant for certain reasons but I'm sure glad I had it put on. I feel like I get the same spin and control as a soft tip but now I can draw the ball with ease. For the price, I'm not sure if I'll be trying anything else anytime soon.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried a lot of tips. Not all of them but a lot.
Right now I'm stuck on the Ki-Tech hard tip.
It just works for me.

akw1206

Registered
I use Elk Master tips. Personally it feels grt in hitting the cue ball, & I always play w/ Elk Master better than using any harder tips, though many other players don't like it at all.