Anyone with ADHD? Can't Concentrate Every Shot

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know a guy that used to be an amazing pool player, but in his older age, he can't concentrate on every shot. Just wondering if he might have ADHD or ADD. He's really not hyper-acdtive. If you have that, what is the medicine?

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no cure for ADHD.

Not likely ADHD anyway, he should see his doctor.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have about a 40 min attention span for pool, but it hasn't always been that way.

Have you thought about lsd?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
No attention span here either - really have no desire to put in the work to play full speed.
Jason

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have about a 40 min attention span for pool, but it hasn't always been that way.

Have you thought about lsd?

I changed the original to maybe ADD, because he's not hyper active like ADHD.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
More likely old age than anything. Nerves, eyesight, and balance aren't the same as decades ago.

And then, a statin pill for cholesterol, muscle fatigue and sometimes leg and ankle pain.

Then, blood pressure medicine, whether ARB, or ACE, will give you a bit of dizzyness or lightheaded feeling now and then.

So many reasons. What old timers play the game as good as they once did?

All the best,
WW

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AOADD

Adult onset attention deficit disorder.

But he would need to be looked at by a doc. There are so many variables as to why one cannot concentrate, let alone concentrate on a game of pool.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I think the best thing to do here...oh look, a squirrel outside. Did you guys see Americal Idol last night?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ADD and ADHD isn't as simple as that, I have ADD and I have no problem concentrating on stuff I'm interested in, if anything I can have a sharper fokus than most people.
But playing pool for more than a few hours is diminishing returns, atleast for me, not because of ADD, but because I get hungry and just need a break.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I changed the original to maybe ADD, because he's not hyper active like ADHD.

Technically there is no ADD diagnosis anymore, it all falls under ADHD now.

You are classified as one of three types of ADHD: Hyper Activity, Attention Problems, Both. It's a spectrum thing now. Then there are different grades within those classifications as well.