The story behind the Jackot cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Good possibility. I think they should be shut down, not the thread.

The thread has become mighty childish though.

It’s like society. The slowest 2% wreck things for the rest of the kids playing nice in the sandbox.

What I’m blown away by is the steadfast and undying support for Dean, despite getting charged 2.5x what the manufacturer values the cue at. Mind blowing.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's get back on topic

If you make a few "customizations" is it not "customized" from what their standard off-the-shelf cue would be like?

Y'all can go argue with the dictionary.
Thank you for enlightening us.

You have inspired me to get into the custom cue business.

My first cue will be East Indian Rosewood with a birdseye maple handle.

Some guy from Texas has assured me the wood available for this cue is among the best in the world.

All other materials will be "hand selected" and I can say this cue will play like no other.

I will be getting the entire cue (base price of $225), oops, I mean the wood, from Schmelke
with the following customizations so it will be a true "custom cue"
  • Shaft Diameter: 12.75mm (+ $10)
  • Ferrule: Juma 1/2" (+ $10)
  • Tip Type: Triangle (+ $3)
  • Pro Taper 10-12"
  • Joint: 3/8-10 wood to wood
  • No "Schmelke" logo on cue
This brings my cost to a grand total of $248

I will be selling this cue for $500 plus shipping & handling

How soon can I expect your order? :D

Attachments

• newcustomcue.jpg
    newcustomcue.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 324

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member

Some guy from Texas has assured me the wood available for this cue is among the best in the world.

All other materials will be "hand selected" and I can say this cue will play like no other.

I will be getting the entire cue (base price of $225), oops, I mean the wood, from Schmelke
  • Pro Taper 10-12"

How much does a “Jackpot” logo cost to add?

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Before this too becomes edited:

once and you will feel the differne

Jack is making a dozen Zorro model Jack pots

when they are gone Jack might be gone
I have 2 spots open right now
$100 deposit secures your new cue
$500 balance in 2 months

The rest are sold and I am ready to shut down so
Hurry to gey one before they are gone and you
are singing the blues

PM Dean
say"i want to hit the Jackpot"

its that simple

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

• Pro Taper 10-12"

You forgot to name drop a half dozen master cue builders who you asked to get involved but who said no...just to plant the seed that these are a big deal.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

• Pro Taper 10-12"

OMG, I can't believe your fraudulent misrepresentations, we all know dealer discount would knock a hundo off the price bringing your cost to $150 or so. And I was just about to send a check out to ya! :smile-us-down:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
make your own posts that are relevant and dont respond to their posts which just create a back and forth from the same couple of people. you are then falling into their trap and you become the new sucker.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

• Pro Taper 10-12"

Not defending BUT a real comparison would be to choose an ebony cue. I had looked at getting an ebony cue from Schmelke and it quickly went up to over $300. They charge much more for ebony than rosewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Not defending BUT a real comparison would be to choose an ebony cue. I had looked at getting an ebony cue from Schmelke and it quickly went up to over $300. They charge much more for ebony than rosewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean said he supplied them with "really special" ebony wood

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean said he supplied them with "really special" ebony wood

I know. I bailed on this as soon as I smelled smoke.

I was originally attracted to the idea of this really good shaft wood but saw a description of the first batch and realized I was being had.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I pm'd Jack Potter "Jackpot" yesterday inviting him to participate in this thread since his name/rep is directly tied in. I figure that even though pretty much everything is on the table about how this all went, it would still be nice to hear his side of it.

Jack was logged in here an hour or so ago, we'll see if he chooses to join in or ignore.

best,
brian kc

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pm'd Jack Potter "Jackpot" yesterday inviting him to participate in this thread since his name/rep is directly tied in. I figure that even though pretty much everything is on the table about how this all went, it would still be nice to hear his side of it.

Jack was logged in here an hour or so ago, we'll see if he chooses to join in or ignore.

best,
brian kc
What is he gonna say?

Dean had an idea to help a friend and there are plenty of suckers out there? His loyalty is going to be with Dean, not Azb.

And Dean got to play major-man-in-the -cue-game for a little while longer.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member

best,
brian kc

It is better to remain silent, and thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt. He’s not going to respond.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is he gonna say?

Dean had an idea to help a friend and there are plenty of suckers out there? His loyalty is going to be with Dean, not Azb.

With all the threads about the Jackpots figured if he was going to chime in, he would have done it by now. Know he has had some very challenging things going on, but he does log in pretty frequently.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
What is he gonna say?

I suspect you are correct. :yeah:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

best,

brian kc

Had he heard of them?

Sent from the future.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, my question is, does anyone really believe that Dean is using any profit to supply cues to the starving children in the Philippines?

That is nothing but politically correct bullshit. It's to make the buyers feel good about supporting a charity.

Maybe, just maybe he sent a bunch of tip-less warped house cues there. But I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.