Craigs List Find

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Does anyone recognize this cue

Pool Cue - $15000 (Spring Texas)

Custom pool cue. This is a professional QUE made for the late Great world champion Steve Mazerak. This Q was made in 1984 and custom designed by ( un-named at this time) custom pool cue maker. Steve Mazerak used this exact cue while on tour during filming of the movie "The Color of Money". There are two matching shafts and a custom made centennial case specially made for this cue. Two other later versions of this cue exist. This cue was the first one made.

I will be receiving private bids until November 1, 2016 from serious buyers only. Current bidding as of 10/16/2016 is $12,300. Please only inquire if you are a serious buyer and understand what this item for sale represents.

BTW, it hits like a dream!!!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,540

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
More Pics

Here are the other pics

Attachments

• Capture 1.jpg
    Capture 1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,506
  • Capture 2.jpg
    Capture 2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,602

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve Mazerak used this exact cue while on tour during filming of the movie "The Color of Money".

That's bullshit if I've ever heard it. If that was true, post a pic of the certificate of authenticity from a known authority.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

Custom pool cue. This is a professional QUE made for the late Great world champion Steve Mazerak. This Q was made in 1984 and custom designed by ( un-named at this time) custom pool cue maker. Steve Mazerak used this exact cue while on tour during filming of the movie "The Color of Money". There are two matching shafts and a custom made centennial case specially made for this cue. Two other later versions of this cue exist. This cue was the first one made.

I will be receiving private bids until November 1, 2016 from serious buyers only. Current bidding as of 10/16/2016 is $12,300. Please only inquire if you are a serious buyer and understand what this item for sale represents.

i thought this was a joke but

its just weird

meister2u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hits like a dream??? Well You dreaming if u gonna get $$$ for this cue!!

Wow what drug you smoking?? $12,000 for pool cue....thats real nuts

even a Willie Mosconi cue you might get $3,000 to $5,000

Steve whooooo :eek::eek::eek::thumbup:

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
To clarify, This is not my craigslist post. I was wondering who the maker was. Also, in my opinion, it doesnt even look like Miz's cue in that COM scene.

Wow what drug you smoking?? $12,000 for pool cue....thats real nuts

even a Willie Mosconi cue you might get $3,000 to $5,000

Steve whooooo :eek::eek::eek::thumbup:

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member

Richard Black DID make this cue as one of three that he made as a collection : Fancy cue, snooker cue and break cue.
There was a leather bound book detailing the entire collection and it originally resold - by Miz to someone in Japan.
Miz did not use the cue in the Color of Money. Since then it has come back to the states and had at least three other owners.
The cue shown was called Karim (the name of the wood species used [in Indonesia])
As for Miz never having heard of Richard Black you might find it interesting that Miz dedicated one of his books to Richard.

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know much...but I DO know this -

If I was selling a RB cue, used my the miz, and asking $15K+...I'd certainly NOT let my
4 yr old grandson take the pics with his fisher price camera. I WOULD include all materials that back up the claim, AND I'd at least spell the Miz's name correctly.

This is bogus IMHO.

I could be wrong....it's happened before....once, I think, back in first grade.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
There are lifetime players, and cue collectors that cannot spell Szamboti, Balabushka, or Kersenbrock. They probably couldn't finish his initials if I spotted them the D and the P.... :wink:

JV

I don't know much...but I DO know this -

If I was selling a RB cue, used my the miz, and asking $15K+...I'd certainly NOT let my
4 yr old grandson take the pics with his fisher price camera. I WOULD include all materials that back up the claim, AND I'd at least spell the Miz's name correctly.

This is bogus IMHO.

I could be wrong....it's happened before....once, I think, back in first grade.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
There are lifetime players, and cue collectors that cannot spell Szamboti, Balabushka, or Kersenbrock. They probably couldn't finish his initials if I spotted them the D and the P.... :wink:

JV

Yep, you gotta be careful about that. I once ordered a custom-made Zamboni and boy was I surprised what showed up.

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I left myself an out! I always leave myself an escape clause!

" I could be wrong....it's happened before....once, I think, back in first grade."

JV

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys, but you have all lost out on the Official Mazerak Color of Money Cue. I've been informed by the owner, who I trolled, that he is trading it for a Harley.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting that it is listed for sale in Austin but not in Houston. Spring is a suburb of Houston.