In-house BCA League in Phoenix Starting Again

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
The next installment of the BCA Champions League is gearing up for it's 4th consecutive session starting on November 10th. The league has grown with each session and now we are going to put a cap on the number of teams we have. The league has already paid out $8,000 in 2010 to the players!

With Stingers having 10 Diamond Tables, we want to make sure all players ALWAYS play on 2 tables each night, and also we don't want teams to have to schedule BYE weeks, thus drawing out the season with wasted weeks. Because of this we are limiting it to 10 teams.

As of this morning, we have 8 full teams and a handful of players that are trying to get teams together. One of the teams has 3 really strong players and they are just looking for 2 more dedicated and reliable players. Possibly 3 more so they can have a sub when needed. If you are interested, please email AZPoolScene@hotmail.com and we'll work with you and your situation on making sure you get on a team that is a good match for you.

The league is very unique, using the same rating and race format that use to run out of Alexander's back in the day (slightly modified). Teams with lower total team handicap are awarded Games on the Wire in a Race to 13 games. This unique format mimic's the true Tournament feel of playing as a team. Your total team score is what pushes you to play as a team and close out your match. In Regional, State and National events you play on the same exact equipment and you play the same exact Race Format.

It's no wonder that players that have played in this league system accounted for 1st and 3rd place in the Men's Open Division, 1st in the Masters Division, 2nd and 3rd Place of the Men's Team event at the BCA Southwest Regional Tournament this past Labor Day. In the 2008 Arizona State BCA Championship, 5 of the 6 champions were from Alexander's which also played on Diamond Tables in this Race Format.

Stinger's Bar has really come along way in showing support for the Players. They offer a Team Drink each week, Sponsorship of your Team in the league, Team Shirts for all players, 1st Place gets entry fee for the Team to Nationals ($250 value), Added Money to Mid-Season and Year-End Tournaments, Full Food Spread at the Season Ending Banquet, They have recently lowered the Diamond Table cost to $.50/game plus allow a $5 per person night rate to have the table opened for you and Best Yet, every team has a dedicated table or two to set your stuff up and comfortable seating to help cheer on your teammates. With 20 beers on Tap, and a huge menu of food this is definitely your place to play. Oh yeah, and the league pays out 100% to all the players. (Side Note: We have made arrangements to having ZERO Karaoke going on while any matches are in progress)

Don't be intimidated by the large amount of strong players, we also have many 5's and 6 rated players that are improving their game each and every week.

Stingers is located on 43rd Ave & Peoria Ave. in Glendale, Arizona.

DR Pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope you aren't basing your leagues abilities by how you play. I have played you and I don't think you played all that great! In fact, I had to dog many shots to allow you win at the Watertrap in WI! lol

On a more serious note, Players check this league out. It supported the Southwest Regional like no other league, plus you can play on Diamond tables and prepare for Vegas.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
I definitely appreciated the Confidence Bump when we played that one summer day. You didn't let me win all 9 games though, I think you won 2 or 3 right. They have me really overrated, just ask anyone :smile:

I'm very proud of this league and all the players in it. It was cool to announce so many players that did well in the Southwest Tourney from this league.

Also a couple months back there was an 1st Annual All League tournament which drew 51 players from all league systems across Arizona. 1st, 5th, and both 7th/8th place finishers played in the BCA Champions League.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I would love to be involved but I live an hour away and I am not very reliable since I go out of town quite a bit forwork. I am sure you will get all theteams you needthough.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
I would love to be involved but I live an hour away and I am not very reliable since I go out of town quite a bit forwork. I am sure you will get all theteams you needthough.

Thanks Mark! Yeah, we'd love to have you in the league! Maybe you can be the ultimate floater sub who pops in from time to time, ha ha. Bring a few of those pro's with you each week too.

barber23

Chad The Bad
Silver Member
I joined the league this last session and I have to say it was the best most competitive league I have ever played on. Great tables and food. The bar is kinda like a 'Cheers' type bar.

Chad

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
There is definitely something to be said about increasing the level of your competition and how it effects your personal game.

One of our lowest ranked teams has been with us since the first session and they didn't fair too well at first. But after the 2nd and then 3rd session you could see vast improvement between all of the players on that team. In the Summer/Fall session they even knocked off some of the top teams and finished tied for 5th place.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Maybe Mark C. could be on a sub list?

Yep, many teams need subs from time to time, and who knows, maybe someone drops out all together and Mark is around enough times over the next few months to even get 8 weeks of play in to qualify for nationals.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What days and times are leagues played? Could they send a chauffeur to pick me up?

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
What days and times are leagues played? Could they send a chauffeur to pick me up?

As of right now, we are only running leagues on Wednesday Nights. They start right at 7:30 p.m. each week and usually everyone is done in under 2 hours time.

I know there are multiple persons that live out your way George. I'd chauffeur you every week, but I usually head there straight from work. I could probably give you a ride home each night.

It would be nice to have the "King of the 5's" also in the league. We already have Ex-King of 9's and multiple Ex-King of 8's in the league.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Try this.
hitchhiking+thumb+1+prauls.jpg
:wink:

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
If you hang that thumb out there you might just get picked up in a Golf Cart, and that will be a very long ride!

But seriously, if you want to play on a team we could work something out. See if Grant is looking to play, I know he loves to play and his wife loves to watch (probably the best supporter I've seen in some time)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you hang that thumb out there you might just get picked up in a Golf Cart, and that will be a very long ride!

But seriously, if you want to play on a team we could work something out. See if Grant is looking to play, I know he loves to play and his wife loves to watch (probably the best supporter I've seen in some time)

With the correct outfit George will have no problem THUMBING IT!
drag_queen_monkey_b.JPG

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
We have extended the start date by 1 week to allow for more teams to solidify their rosters. Some teams are still looking for that missing player and it could be you or one of your friends. Email AZPoolScene@hotmail.com to get involved.

Start Date: November 17th, 2010
7:30 p.m.

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a good league. I played in it for one season and enjoyed the competition. It's probably got to be the most competitive league in the Phoenix area. Unfortunately, it's a little too far for me to travel on a weekly basis, so I don't think I can play in it again.

But anyone looking for a good, strong, competitive league, this is it. And I was one of those people that swore up and down that I would never play in a regularly sanctioned league (other than 1P or 14.1). Plus, you can't beat playing on Diamond Bar Boxes... much better than playing on buckets since it rewards (and encourages) better shotmaking.

Ray

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Thanks Ray! I was really glad that you decided to give a league a chance and signed up, even though you were playing with a group of guys that had never met before that day.

Years ago I believe the Alexander's League was the toughest competition in town, and that is why I decided to mimic the format in creating this league.

When I joined that league I was a 7 rated player, within 1 years time I moved to an 8 and then to a 9 rated player (Old system). It was nice to play with many top rated players in the state and also having everyone in one location each week. That way even when our match was done, I could watch others and even ask their teammates questions about what they would do in this situation.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
We have one team of 4 people that is looking for a solid 5th person to complete their team.

Plus we are looking for 1 more team to fill up the league. Many have inquired but no one has said 100% that they are the 10th team.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We have one team of 4 people that is looking for a solid 5th person to complete their team.

Plus we are looking for 1 more team to fill up the league. Many have inquired but no one has said 100% that they are the 10th team.

Jerry I think George could be your 5th.,person if you can pick him up, and deliver him home.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
If I can get someone out in that area to get him that might just work.

Other than that I was just informed by our girl's team that they are short players as well. Couple of the ladies are taking a session off. They are open to adding both men or women to the team.