florida

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So where are all the pool tournaments around tampa and clearwater. Any tours still active?

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
We have action evry Friday and Saturday night at the Flamingo, sometimes we have a 9 ball bar box tourney on the back tables if we have enough players, cheap $5 dollar entry, you can always get a game in the front room on the gold crown.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crooked Cue Pool Hall has a "B" tourney on 1st Sunday

and an Open Tourney on 3rd Sunday. Start at 12pm for practice and sign-up and start at 1pm.

Entry is $15 I think and includes all the play time. Lasts about 5 to 6 hours. Has a unique knock-out format, you get like 5 chips, each is a loss, when you are out of chips you are out of the tourney.

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

Digger0038

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play quite a bit at the Crooked Cue. They get a pretty decent turn out for the monthly tourny's.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
We have action evry Friday and Saturday night at the Flamingo, sometimes we have a 9 ball bar box tourney on the back tables if we have enough players, cheap $5 dollar entry, you can always get a game in the front room on the gold crown.

Flamingo has always been an action place. How long has it been open? I know it was open and had plenty of action in 1980 when I moved to FL from NY. Johnnyt

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
Flamingo has always been an action place. How long has it been open? I know it was open and had plenty of action in 1980 when I moved to FL from NY. Johnnyt

Dale bought it in 1969, when you walk in, some of it still looks like 1969 LOL wood grain panel walls, old bar stools bolted to the ground, mixed with flat screens, the 2 bar boxes are still .50 cent tables.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
My Tampa Bay!!!

Sorry but a lot of the links are from Facebook.
Peabodys- Bruce B. Downs (New Tampa)- is always my No. 1 It's North of USF. - 20 tables, awesome food. No Smoking. Great service. Hot Girls. Free bar tab Thursday tourneys

Barleys- Anderson Blvd- Opened in February 2012. 6 tables. No Smoking. Pretty inside, great food but a tad bit small.

Fatso's- Bush Blvd (near USF)- Lots of action. Tourney's left and Right- Lots of big money changing hands on the betting tables in the back (usually 1 pocket $200 matches). 20 Tables. Enough smoke to give you Second had cancer. I've heard the food is good but I haven't conjured up the nerve to try it yet.

Bulls Club- Fowler Ave (Near USF)-
Smoking is allowed. I only drink bottled things from there. There is usually 1 waiter there and 50 people. 20 tables, lots of retirees. Quiet and very relaxed atmosphere.

Hammer Heads -Holiday FL Their facebook page shows a tourney coming up on 9/29 $40 to get in but $1,500 for the winner. I think they have a few 10 foot diamond tables. I've never been but I plan on visiting. Corey Duel has been spotted there.

Planet 9 Ball - Hillsborough Ave. I haven't been there in years. But I always enjoyed it there. But, I don't know what kind of action they have.

Capones- Spring Hills FL
- Tourney Info

Last edited:

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Try Family Billiards. 1212 Rogers St. in Clearwater. Phn. 727 330 7656
Open from one PM till 2:30 AM. 24 7 365.
Tues. night 8-ball tournament. Six $ entry.
Plenty of nice people, some action, and leagues.
Ten tables, 5-GC9' and 5- Robertson 8'.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Head north a little

The is a real hotbed of pool just north of you in the Spring Hill area. Numerous quality rooms and "home town" for a number of pros

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
palm harbor

Ah, okay. I only have been up to Strokers in Palm Harbor for the APA Nationals last year. Very nice place. Great bar. I wonder how they do during non-APA Nationals time?

Freddie <~~~ bar ready

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Love Palm Harbor. My inlaws are in Tarpon Springs just north of there. Let me know when you are in town. We'll adventure off your way. Barleys isn't to far either
Loren

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
There used to be great tournaments at Strokers in palm harbor but they decided to pick and choose who can play and who cant and that attitude has really killed most tournaments in this area. I believe hammerheads has also followed suit.
Sucks because this used to be a good area for tournaments