it just never occurred to me that I might one day need to get something different...

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Please excuse me for asking this, it just never occurred to me that I might one day need
to get something different.
A few years ago I began to try and work on cues, I became pretty good at tips, cleanings
and some other simple stuff. I feel like I owe a big thanks to CueJo (Darcy), his videos
taught me plenty. In one of his vids he is cleaning a shaft then seals with "Speed Seal"
available from Cue Components, so I went to the internet and bought a few of the bottles,
and now I'm nearing the end of my supply of Speed Seal and I find that Cue Components
no longer sells this stuff. I asked Cue Components and they offered no alternative.
So can anyone help a brother out - what is sealer? What is another brand of sealer?
Any idea what "Speed Seal" was / is?
Is it something I can get at the local ACE or True Value? Do I need to go to a wood
products supplier? What do you all use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are lots of sanding sealers out there, acrylic, cellulose and shellac. I prefer cellulose, even though it smells a bit funky..
All the shops catering to cue makers sells some sort of shaft cleaner, the ones I have tried are kinda similar to the pumice hand cleaners, but without the citrus component.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are correct that cue suppliers, for the most part, simply repackage a commercially available product. So you might be able to take your nearly empty bottle to a woodworking store and ask if they can match it based on smell and feel.
My 2 cents,
Gary