Darren Appleton

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know that I have no notoriety here, but as a dedicated pool player...I just think that it's just utterly disgusting how excited Darren Appleton got when he won 13-12 in the finals of the WPA World 9-ball championship (2012). In the semi-finals I noticed that he blatantly cheated on the first shot after the break against Naoyuki Ohi. Has he been discredited for this championship win yet? I honestly think he should be banned from this tournament as well, because it's just utterly unfair to the other players that AREN'T scum and wanna win by all FAIR means.

Oh, and here's proof for all of you ladies and gents before you pounce on me saying "proof or gtfo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzeQgJZHlk
2:05

Feedback? Criticism? Thoughts, anybody?

I am not amused.
This highlights almost everything that is wrong with internet forums.

Some anonymous nobody can make an account and slander anyone they wish with little repercussion.

Rather than join our community and be an active part, you wasted your opportunity.

"proof or gtfo"?
I vote gtfo.

See ya.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
To the OP :

It might be a good idea to edit the title of your thread, to reflect the change in your opinion about the cheating.

Only a mod can edit the title, but in the meantime, the OP should seriously edit his first post.

I *hope* the only reason it's not edited yet is because he's so new he doesn't know how.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I am not amused.
This highlights almost everything that is wrong with internet forums.

Some anonymous nobody can make an account and slander anyone they wish with little repercussion.

Rather than join our community and be an active part, you wasted your opportunity.

"proof or gtfo"?
I vote gtfo.

See ya.

Wouldn't it have been better to make this thread disappear as you have many others, instead of banning the O? He obviously wasn't aware of what he was watching and the commentary is in a foreign language so I think he was obviously confused on what he was viewing.

But the OP is now banned but the thread with the damaging title is still in the Main Forum. Makes perfect sense. :eek:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't it have been better to make this thread disappear as you have many others, instead of banning the O? He obviously wasn't aware of what he was watching and the commentary is in a foreign language so I think he was obviously confused on what he was viewing.

But the OP is now banned but the thread with the damaging title is still in the Main Forum. Makes perfect sense. :eek:

Consider it a cautionary tale.

For now, there is a reason it will stay put.
Maybe someone else who may have considered creating an anonymous account to slander someone will see this and understand that somethimes, just sometimes..there are consequences.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
just a suspicion

Mod's can see things that we can't. When I was a mod at several other sites I saw the IP of every poster right up there with the name and title. Some doofusses couldn't figure out why they got busted in a heartbeat!

I don't know but I'm suspecting there is a little more to this insta-ban than us mere mortals can see.

Hu

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Could be the case. If so I was hoodwinked, I thought the OP made a dumb but honest mistake.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Mod's can see things that we can't. When I was a mod at several other sites I saw the IP of every poster right up there with the name and title. Some doofusses couldn't figure out why they got busted in a heartbeat!

I don't know but I'm suspecting there is a little more to this insta-ban than us mere mortals can see.

Hu

Post Fail - was an honest mistake by a naive poster. He has been educated by the masses - almost immediately - and thus the thread should have been vanished. Not the poster himself.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post Fail - was an honest mistake by a naive poster. He has been educated by the masses - almost immediately - and thus the thread should have been vanished. Not the poster himself.

I don't know if it was a honest mistake or not but I agree that this defamatory thread should be deleted.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry

Sorry, I didn't know you have mod status and can see what I can't.

Hu

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yup

Was it just me or before he shot the 8 ball did he VERY respectfully ask someone in the crowd to stop moving or something ??? Here's my favorite , of course it's Earl ....we grew up in the same area of NC ,what do you expect .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP00Ugh0Z-U

Yeah I think someone in the stand had a sign that was up in his line of sight... takes a lot of focus to be able to ask them to lower it before getting back down to shoot the 8!... That's mental control...

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Was it just me or before he shot the 8 ball did he VERY respectfully ask someone in the crowd to stop moving or something ??? Here's my favorite , of course it's Earl ....we grew up in the same area of NC ,what do you expect .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP00Ugh0Z-U

It looked like the person was holding a sign up and put the sign down when he politely asked them to either stop moving or to put the sign down. :grin: I can't believe someone would be so disrespectful to Alex, especially, PLAYING FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and the last match and the second to last ball left on the table. That person had to be either stupid, or a friend of his opponent or a relative of his opponent and with no ethics to boot.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
,,,,,,loads of players as jumped on tables to celebrate there win .so Darren Appleton does it gets slated ...what about all these big heavy dudes that sit on the rails ..don`t hear you shouting at them dude..leave them to celebrate and enjoy there win..

You must live where he does to see him all the time not telling people not to sit on rails...

The only other player I have seen do this is Earl, and he got blasted for it as well.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cannot edit titles, the OP did not even edit any of his first 3 posts. Unless someone reads deep into the thread it still states Darren is a cheater well into the thread, instead of the OP being eddited to state "I am so sorry, I was wrong and have thus editted it!" But from what I have been told that is expecting WAY too much on AZB, the Original Poster is a AZB champ.

You can edit the title in Advanced mode.

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read the first page only, but if it hasn't been said already

"we're talkin bout pratice man, practice !! "

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member

Dont mess with Mr. Wilson bro. He reminds me of the Wilson on home improvement.

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you wanna do? Crucify the guy? It's funny to me that people get so mad over what somebody said about someone else. The guy said he was wrong. The way I see it, the only person that has a right to be mad is Darren Appleton himself. The holier than thou attitude some of you guys have is ridiculous. Have you never put your foot in your mouth? Calm down guys.

posting something like that isn't putting your foot in your mouth, it's a lifelong character flaw. I'm not mad at anyone. No one's going to learn anything if the majority of people think the decision process of what he did was just a mistake and lots of others would have done the same thing.