New Here? - Introduce Yourself

d8nk

Noah B
Long time listener...

Long time AZ user, only first few posts I've made. I have learned so much from everyone on here over the years, especially the table mechanics!

I have played for about 25 years, 10 of those pretty competitively. Finally built my own home and have room for a proper table. I knew it was time to give back to the community so I signed up for Gold membership today and thought I would say hi :)

Hello to all you other new members as well!

Dbltap45acp

Hey everyone, new guy here. Worked at Hardtimes in Sacramento for a few years, been banging balls ever since. Moved to Wyoming years ago and still going. Mostly play 9 ball and one pocket. I prefer 9 foot tables but it’s mostly bar box tournaments out here. Work has slowed me down from playing so I took a couple years off. Time to start up again and see if I can find a decent strike again.

NE dubz

Registered
Hi AZB, longtime lurker finally posting for the first time! I’m from Gloucester MA, I play in 3 leagues and have an 8foot Sterling at home that pretty much encompasses every free moment I have lol...playing a predator crown 2 with stacked leather wrap and a 12.9 Revo that I had to sell my right testicle to be able to buy... we will say I love it dearly to say the least...

sisnmo

Hi may I say that shooting pool is a very interesting. I am here to get some feedback. I am a native hillbilly from the Ozarks that's Missouri...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
come on in!

Hi may I say that shooting pool is a very interesting. I am here to get some feedback. I am a native hillbilly from the Ozarks that's Missouri...

Come on in, the water is fine! Been up your way but I usually only make it to Arkansas.

Hu

PoolStats

Pool Stats LLC
Silver Member
Hey All. I am new here. I began a startup that I will eventually talk about when the time is right and I establish myself. Other than that, came across this forum through twitter and looks like a great scecne. I am from Detroit, MI. Got serious playing pool when I was in graduate school @ Clemson a few years back. Looking forward to becoming part of the community.

qimufufu

This is actually 1st post.

Central IL, just got an 8 foot slate table set up in my garage, soon to be man cave.

Last edited:

Taconic

Newbie retired guy

Just registerd this evening. I have recently enclosed my barn or “he shed” and will be installing a 7’ Olhausen table that had 2 previous owners. Probably get to that project in early spring. My dad and uncle taught me how to play around 1963. Have mostly played once a week since the mid 70’s on my friends Valley 7’ table usually watching the Red Sox, Bruins, and Patriots. Cheers!

X-streampool

BOOM 🤯 Another stellar lineup today!
Order on worldstraightpool.com TUES DAY 2 TV Table:
11:00am T. HOHMANN vs N. ROSE
1230pm J. SCHMIDT vs G. HOGUE
3:00pm T. STORM vs B. BARCUS
430pm T. HOHMANN vs B. BURKE

WED DAY 3 TV Table:
11:00am SCHMIDT vs M. DELAWDER
1230pm M. EBERLE vs D. GROSSMAN
2:00pm VAN BOENING vs M. LEAR

Thurs Final 16.
Fri Quarter finals and semi finals
Sat Finals

$15 per day. Or $60 for all 5 remaining days save $15. WorldStraightPool.com

Muddog

Registered
Hi all I played in 8 and 9 ball leagues for about 10 years till bad accident left me somewhat disabled and am doing my best to get back to it after many surgeries and about a decade. Have really enjoyed reading the forum so thought I should join and say hi

Rubicon79

Just an average bar table player trying to be better here.

I grew up as a teenager in a pool hall since my dad owned one. I won $1k as a kid back then in the local tournament in town but hell thats almost 25 years ago now. I’ve decided to start back playing and working on getting my own table. Just bought a cue for the first time in over 25 years and slowly, very slowly, improving.

ffr3247r

Registered
25 years of not playing

I mean I’ve hit a few balls but not like back in the day when I would stay up all night either watching races or playing. It’s something I’ve always loved. Whenever I hear the sound of the balls I’m drawn to that area.

Finally started playing again with a friend and how frustrating it is. It’s slowly coming back but I may never be where I was.

Still enjoy it anyway.

Enjoy the reading here and looking to improve.

Sikayeako

Billiard Passionista!
Silver Member
Hi everyone 😊

It's been quite some time since I was here, since I focused and help develop the pool community in my country - Bilyarista.com 😊

I'm glad to be back and hope to learn much again and meet new friends 😊

Catch u all around!

Gonzo

Hello new guy here

I found this site while I was searching for info on a pool sue I inherited. So far I really like the site.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I found this site while I was searching for info on a pool sue I inherited. So far I really like the site.

Welcome Gonzo! It is a pretty cool place and there’s a lot of good info and ideas around, and the inevitable chatter :)

Mark Blair

Southeast Kentucky here! Been knocking the balls around for a while looking forward to my first Derby City Classic next week!

80X7

My short intro...

Hello,

My name is Craig and I reside in Bay Area, California.

I joined to learn more about the game that my father was so enthusiastic about playing as a young man. With his recent passing, I inherited his collection of cues and cases - Harvey Martin, Capone, Schuler, Dayton, Schrager, and Sherm, plus several old Whitten leather case and Guiseppe vinyl cases.

I'm still sifting through boxes of his old records to see if there is detailed information about these items to truly understand why some of these items were special to him (of course, he told me about the history of some of these famous makers), but I don't have a lot of details or specifications about the items themselves.

So, perhaps one day, I will need the assistance of this group to direct me to knowledgeable and respected appraisers so that I can learn more.

Thank you for reading my intro.

Ruston

Registered
Ruston here. Haven’t played in years. Not smart enough to check my spam folder so I had to start a new account. Somehow my wife said let’s get a table. So I’m on the hunt. Will get a cue first.