Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page What's the Plan? 2
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
bluepepper
AzB Silver Member
bluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-09-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I think you have to get rid of the 4 now. The combo on the rail is not a problem.
Does anyone see an end pattern from here? Of course things can change along the way, but do you see a Plan A all the way to the break ball?

Old
  (#17)
bluepepper
AzB Silver Member
bluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond reputebluepepper has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2017, 07:13 AM

The way the player plays from here, there is an end pattern in mind. I'll wait for someone to post a guess before sharing the next photo.

Old
  (#18)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-10-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepepper View Post
The way the player plays from here, there is an end pattern in mind. I'll wait for someone to post a guess before sharing the next photo.
Well, one way is 4,3,1, 14, 10-15, 12, 5, (or 5,12), 10, 6. The hardest part of that run is probably playing shape on the 14 from the 1.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#19)
bluepepper
AzB Silver Member

12-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Thanks for playing, Bob. The player chose to take the 4-ball first as you suggested, playing it off of the foot rail to squeeze through the opening between the 1-ball and 9-ball landing here. What's the plan from here?

Name:  2F.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  186.4 KB

Old
  (#20)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

12-11-2017, 08:33 PM

These threads can get unwieldy when trying to refer to various diagrams. Here's the photo I'm referring to:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpo...9&postcount=14

Here's my take: Overall things look very manageable. 9 ball break shot. How do I get on the 9? I see a nice triangle with the 3, the 10 and 15 cluster, and the 6. So my end pattern is the 3, 10 hopefully, 6 key ball. Can I manage to free up the 10 so this plan will work? I need to find out earlier rather than later so that I can still create a plan B if that doesn't work out. Shoot the 4 soft with spin to throw it in and hold the cue ball below the 1 for a shot on the 14. Stun the 14 in and drift over to the side rail above the 10. Shoot the 10/15 combo softly with a little draw to keep the 10 in place and put the cue ball where I can get at the 12, 5, and 1. It looks like the 12 passes the 5 into the corner, then take the 5 or 1 in either order. This puts you straight on the 3, and the rest is cake.

I think the trick to this pattern is a nice touch shot on the 4 to hold the cue ball for a not too sharp angle on the 14. After that it should be routine.

Dan White

Old
  (#21)
bluepepper
AzB Silver Member

12-11-2017, 11:17 PM

Thanks for going into such detail, Dan! It's hard to see from that camera angle, but I wonder if that 4-ball shot can be held for the angle on the 14-ball. When you watch the video you'll see it might be slightly too steep to spin the ball in and keep the cue ball under the 1-ball. But I'm not sure.

The player decided to shoot the 3-ball in the side softly bouncing off of the side rail to here. Any change in Bob's pattern from here?

Name:  2G.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  111.7 KB

Old
  (#22)
bluepepper
AzB Silver Member

12-12-2017, 08:46 PM

Played the 10-15 combo with the 10-ball bouncing off of the right rail and the cue ball drawing back a bit to here. What's your end pattern from here?

Name:  2H.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  170.7 KB

Last edited by bluepepper; 12-12-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Old
  (#23)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

12-13-2017, 01:43 PM

It's hard to tell from here on out without being at the table, but I'm looking at the 6 as a key ball in the left side pocket.

Dan White

Old
  (#24)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-13-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
It's hard to tell from here on out without being at the table, but I'm looking at the 6 as a key ball in the left side pocket.
And I'd like to get there from the 10, but the remaining balls look awkward for that.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#25)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

12-13-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Played the 10-15 combo with the 10-ball bouncing off of the right rail and the cue ball drawing back a bit to here. What's your end pattern from here?

Attachment 478476

I hate WWYds but... I is bored and so:

Tiny draw from the 10 to the six
Draw back to the 12 or 14
Finish off with the five or one

Lou Figueroa
what is so hard
about that?!

Old
  (#26)
bluepepper
AzB Silver Member

12-13-2017, 11:17 PM

The player played the 10-ball drawing back to here. In what order would you play these last 6 balls?

Name:  2i.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  151.8 KB

Old
  (#27)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

12-14-2017, 05:40 AM

Looks like the 5 goes. So maybe the simplest order....12, 5, 1 all into left corner, 14 into right corner, 6 in the side. Then again, this may be why I'm not breaking a hundred! Lol

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#28)
bluepepper
AzB Silver Member

12-14-2017, 07:01 PM

Welcome, Brian. Well, the player took the 12-ball off next. How about from here?

Name:  2J.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  134.7 KB

Old
  (#29)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-15-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I thought we'd get started on puzzles 2 and 3 while we're waiting to wrap up puzzle 1.

Here is the puzzle 2 layout post break shot. What's the plan? How far ahead can you see? What balls are significant to you, and what roles do they play? What are your priorities at this stage?

Attachment 477640
The easiest, surest starting shot appears to be the 7 in the side. Hit easily, it should leave either the 15 in the corner or the 11 in the opposite side. If I fall best on the 11 in the side, I play it and follow just past the 9 to leave me the shot on the 4, as the 4 needs to be pocketed asap to free up the path to that pocket for all the other nearby balls. If I fall best on the 15 in the corner but not straight in to worry about following and scratching, I follow all the way to end rail to play the 4 next. It would be nice to save the 10 for a break ball, but may not be possible with all the balls so close still in the racking area, so there should be plenty of opportunity to break out those balls to set up another break ball. After the 4, I like the 13, 14, and leaving an angle on the 12 if possible for a slight breakout shot on the 3/5. Hopefully this might leave the 1 in the corner, but it's starting to get a little too far ahead for me to figure, not knowing how those balls will exactly break out. The two best key balls I'm seeing to save if possible, would be either leaving a straight in shot on the 2 in the side which you could stop or draw back slightly for break shot on the 10, or if you end up being able to save the 11, leaving that virtually dead in the right side pocket would yield a perfect stop shot to set up that break shot on the 10 ball. That's kind of what I'm seeing so far, but as my weakness is executing breakout shots without hitting them too hard and knocking too many balls up table and not leaving an ideal break ball and setup ball.

Old
  (#30)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-15-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for playing, Bob. The player chose to take the 4-ball first as you suggested, playing it off of the foot rail to squeeze through the opening between the 1-ball and 9-ball landing here. What's the plan from here?

Attachment 478226
From here I'm seeing the 3 in the side, then the combo, then it should be relatively easy to pick off all the other balls to ideally leaving a virtual straight-in shot on the 6 in the left side, following just slightly if straight in to an ideal angle for the break shot on the 9.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: