Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page Straight Pool Scoring Apps

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Straight Pool Scoring Apps
Old
  (#1)
slach
AzB Silver Member
slach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond reputeslach has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Straight Pool Scoring Apps - 01-03-2018, 07:33 AM

I'm the developer of the 14.1 Straight Pool Scorer, planning for an upgrade and hoping to get some ideas.

Below is a list of the apps I've used. I like them all, they work great with varying degrees of ease and give me all the stats I'm interested in. I lean towards (of course) the 14.1 Straight Pool Scorer, preferring it's simplicity/ease of use (with my fat fingers and not greatest eye sight).

Which do you use? Why? What are the features you like best in the app you use? What features do you wish it had? If you've used more than one, why do you prefer one over the other?

14.1 Straight Pool Scorer
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...olscorer&hl=en)
Android, Free, Last Update March 16, 2017

Fortune 14/1
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e141Full&hl=en)
Android, Free, Last Update February 19, 2013

Billiards Buddy Score Counter
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bill...399341220?mt=8)
iOS (iPhone, iPad), Free, Last Update Aug 05, 2015
Note: Upgrade Billiards Buddy Pro $4.99

Straight Pool Deluxe
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stra...ign-mpt=uo%3D4)
iOS (iPad), $4.99, Last Update May 16, 2016

Last edited by slach; 01-03-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Old
  (#2)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2018, 08:37 AM

Billiards Buddy. Works on my iPhone 6s Plus. Seems to work well. Like that I can email results to myself.

I had a stroke. I had it when I came in, I KNOW I did

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Straight Pool is not a race!

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ldhxbll58urg18z

Old
  (#3)
SARDiver
JCC Chief
SARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushout View Post
Billiards Buddy. Works on my iPhone 6s Plus. Seems to work well. Like that I can email results to myself.
My only complaint about BB is that sometimes when I select a name from the saved player list, it populates the game with a different name.

Old
  (#4)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

01-03-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slach View Post
I'm the developer of the 14.1 Straight Pool Scorer, planning for an upgrade and hoping to get some ideas.

Below is a list of the apps I've used. I like them all, they work great with varying degrees of ease and give me all the stats I'm interested in. I lean towards (of course) the 14.1 Straight Pool Scorer, preferring it's simplicity/ease of use (with my fat fingers and not greatest eye sight).

Which do you use? Why? What are the features you like best in the app you use? What features do you wish it had? If you've used more than one, why do you prefer one over the other?

14.1 Straight Pool Scorer
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...olscorer&hl=en)
Android, Free, Last Update March 16, 2017

Fortune 14/1
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e141Full&hl=en)
Android, Free, Last Update February 19, 2013

Billiards Buddy Score Counter
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bill...399341220?mt=8)
iOS (iPhone, iPad), Free, Last Update Aug 05, 2015
Note: Upgrade Billiards Buddy Pro $4.99

Straight Pool Deluxe
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stra...ign-mpt=uo%3D4)
iOS (iPad), $4.99, Last Update May 16, 2016

Straight Pool Deluxe for iPad for its ease of use and best of all the most comprehensive results !!!

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2018 - In Game - 97
2008 - Practice - 119
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#5)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

01-03-2018, 12:32 PM

I like 14.1 Straight Pool scorer as I have Android operating system.

That being said it could use and upgrade to include an end of game function. As of now you have to end the game with a missed shot or safety which ultimately alters the stats ever so slightly. Still a great app as it tracks all necessary or wanted stats.

Thanks

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#6)
RobMan
AzB Silver Member
RobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond reputeRobMan has a reputation beyond repute

01-03-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
Straight Pool Deluxe for iPad for its ease of use and best of all the most comprehensive results !!!

Agree 100% with Steve here. I was one of the original beta users of this app during the development phase. Chris S, the developer, was very open to any and all suggestions and implemented them in updated versions.

I like this over Billiards Buddy (the only other app I have used) on the IPad for sure - much better stats and history review of games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old
  (#7)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

01-04-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMan View Post
Agree 100% with Steve here. I was one of the original beta users of this app during the development phase. Chris S, the developer, was very open to any and all suggestions and implemented them in updated versions.

I like this over Billiards Buddy (the only other app I have used) on the IPad for sure - much better stats and history review of games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was a beta tester as well, and too I gave some input !

I do have some other ideas for future add-ons if he can do them.

I have to get with him to discuss my ideas

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2018 - In Game - 97
2008 - Practice - 119
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#8)
slyfox3
AzB Bronze Member
slyfox3 is on a distinguished road

01-08-2018, 02:53 AM

I wrote mine -- https://slyfox3.github.io/14.1/

why? because my phone is full of baby videos and I can't clean up any space for more apps. All I need is to keep track of score when there's no pen & paper. :-)

Old
  (#9)
K2Kraze
AzB Gold Member
K2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-08-2018, 05:17 AM

Straight Pool Deluxe (iPad) as well for the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#10)
14-1StraightMan
High Run 127
14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 03:43 AM

I just purchased the Straight Pool Deluxe. I really like it. Very easy to learn how to use. One complaint: There is no way to correct spelling on a opponent name or to delete an opponent from the Opponent List.

Old
  (#11)
cstrombe
AzB Silver Member
cstrombe is on a distinguished road

01-14-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14-1StraightMan View Post
I just purchased the Straight Pool Deluxe. I really like it. Very easy to learn how to use. One complaint: There is no way to correct spelling on a opponent name or to delete an opponent from the Opponent List.
Hi 14-1StraightMan, thanks for the feedback. I'm the developer of SPD so can help. Managing opponents is admittedly a bit unintuitive, but here's how to do the two things above:

1. To correct spelling for an opponent, you have to go into the Settings area (gear icon bottom right of app toolbar). From there choose Players on left and then select the player you want to edit.

2. To delete players, you use the same Settings page and tap on Edit on the top left of the screen where all the players are listed.

Feel free to ping me on facebook or via email (see the Settings About page in the app) if you have other issues/questions/suggestions.

Thanks!
-Chris

---------------------------------------------------
14.1 High Run: 18
Try my straight pool iPad scoring app:
http://fourteen-one.com/app/

Old
  (#12)
14-1StraightMan
High Run 127
14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute

01-14-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrombe View Post
Hi 14-1StraightMan, thanks for the feedback. I'm the developer of SPD so can help. Managing opponents is admittedly a bit unintuitive, but here's how to do the two things above:

1. To correct spelling for an opponent, you have to go into the Settings area (gear icon bottom right of app toolbar). From there choose Players on left and then select the player you want to edit.

2. To delete players, you use the same Settings page and tap on Edit on the top left of the screen where all the players are listed.

Feel free to ping me on facebook or via email (see the Settings About page in the app) if you have other issues/questions/suggestions.

Thanks!
-Chris
Well that's it. All corrected. Can't believe I missed it to begin with. I am very grateful for your reply. So now, I think your program is Great!.... Thank you again.

Old
  (#13)
ShakesSea
Losing with finesse
ShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond reputeShakesSea has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2018, 03:21 PM

I use Fortune 14/1 as the most similar to the Billiards Buddy app on Android. I tried your app (briefly) but I prefer the visual representation of the rack on the Fortune app. I wish it had more robust stat tracking and I really don't like that you can't transfer your history to a new phone. Whenever I've changed phones I've lost my whole match history.

Fortune 14/1 is clearly out of development and I wish someone would pick up where they left off.

Old
  (#14)
14-1StraightMan
High Run 127

02-12-2018, 05:24 AM

Well, I have had the opportunity to use the Straight Pool Deluxe during a good number of matches by now. I really like it and have not run into any problems with it. It definitely gets my approval. Also, I have notice that a good number of players in my 14.1 League (Mike’s 14.1 League) are using it too. 👍

Old
  (#15)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

poolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to poolplayher 
03-19-2018, 12:52 PM

Straight Pool Deluxe!

Easy to use, great results display and info ... I can share the summary stats and/or innings in graphic format which I love over another app I used to use that allowed emailing of innings data but text format didn’t display well at all

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: