Golf on snooker table.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At Magoos in Tulsa, we play Golf on a 5 x10 Kling with Pool Balls & 1 cue Ball. 5 players is the limit, should be 7. The game is fun & expensive.

Problem with the table is up to full ball rolloffs. Bunting & slow rolling, with roll offs like that, is a definite handicap unless you play real often & you are a pretty solid player

JonTravisTaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In MO, up tp 7 players play at a time (which is good for the house's hourly rate), everybody's first shot is "free"...i.e. cue ball in the D-ring, object ball where ever they want but it must hit the head rail (by the 7 spot) for the shot to be legal...everyone lags in turn towards the bottom right pocket. After the last person shoots the cue ball stays in postion and the order starts up from there. Pockets are worth 1.00 and fouls are worth .25. Must hit your ball but not a rail, if you make a hole you keep shooting to the next, balls are respotted on the 5 spot. It's a ton of fun and you can make a bit wihtout hurting too much :)

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In MO, up tp 7 players play at a time (which is good for the house's hourly rate), everybody's first shot is "free"...i.e. cue ball in the D-ring, object ball where ever they want but it must hit the head rail (by the 7 spot) for the shot to be legal...everyone lags in turn towards the bottom right pocket. After the last person shoots the cue ball stays in postion and the order starts up from there. Pockets are worth 1.00 and fouls are worth .25. Must hit your ball but not a rail, if you make a hole you keep shooting to the next, balls are respotted on the 5 spot. It's a ton of fun and you can make a bit wihtout hurting too much :)

We spot the ball on the '6' spot to open the game and after pocketing the ob in the next hole in sequence. Otherwise respot on '7' spot next turn after fouls.

Scratches are ball in hand in the 'D'.

Only one winner. Everybody else pays. Price of the game/hickey(fouls) varies. 5/1, 10/1, 20/2. Sellout pays double. Split table time(house often the real winner-1st two players $5/hr, additional players 3.50/hr). 4-5 players can be 4-5 hour game.

Bad hits-hit another's ball instead of yours-cost the price of the game. Make someone in their hole-foul and cost price of the game.

'Sellout pays double' games can get ornery.

When the boys play $50/5, I sit and hope I learn something by watching.

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4 or 5 hour game?

We spot the ball on the '6' spot to open the game and after pocketing the ob in the next hole in sequence. Otherwise respot on '7' spot next turn after fouls.

Scratches are ball in hand in the 'D'.

Only one winner. Everybody else pays. Price of the game/hickey(fouls) varies. 5/1, 10/1, 20/2. Sellout pays double. Split table time(house often the real winner-1st two players $5/hr, additional players 3.50/hr). 4-5 players can be 4-5 hour game.

Bad hits-hit another's ball instead of yours-cost the price of the game. Make someone in their hole-foul and cost price of the game.

'Sellout pays double' games can get ornery.

When the boys play $50/5, I sit and hope I learn something by watching.

Four hour game? Never seen that even with six people. When we were kids we played $1 game and dime hickeys! Don't laugh, we were kids and a dollar would buy five gallons of gas. Never saw a woman enter the pool hall (1964) but they would tap on the glass an hubby would go outside! The good old days!

Redshift

Golf on the snooker table (never cared for it on a pool table) is a great game, incorporating shooting skill, leaves, and strategy - like one pocket IMO (may get some angry one-pocketer's response to that). I now have my own snooker table and as much as I love the game of snooker, I find that golf keeps pulling me back (I am the golf nut friend of Joe who posted earlier in this thread).

When I first started playing golf, it was in Fayetteville, Arkansas back in the 1970's. I played in a snooker hall called Roger's (one pool table, as I remember, and a number of 10-foot snooker tables) and the primary games were golf and 6-ball - all with regulation snooker balls. 2 to 6 players generally, depending on the time of day. I don't remember too many people playing regular pool and I was in there a lot from 1972-76. Back then, of course, everybody was young (20s and 30s) - no old timers, lot of hustlers. I guess I would be an old timer now. Anybody on this forum spend any time at Roger's playing golf back in the 70s? If so, we probably crossed paths...

In the 80's, I played golf at a Barney's in Houston, TX (on Bissonet). They had a couple of 10-foot snooker tables and a lot of old guys playing golf - average age (not including me) had to have been mid 50s. And these old guys (I feel funny saying that now) could play that game.... I guess I am a golf nut!

The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is... 147

Robert

Last edited: