The Cue Collection

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
son of a *****; now I'm pushed down to 1577th most important collector here.

thanks, Denny...and welcome. :thumbup:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum, Mr Glenn.

Thank you so much for sharing the video, sir. It truly is a staggering collection. Simply wonderful.

Best wishes,

RC.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome

Welcome aboard Mr Glenn I had the pleasure of being introduced to you many years ago.I was well aware of you having an extensive collection of Bushkas but never knew your collection was that extensive of all Billiards. Tables, Balls, pictures etc.
You and your family have really preserved the History of Pool in America.
Thank you for all the passion.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is truly a nice collection. Granted, you have to have the money but this collection isn't a collection that some rich guy can buy with his money like so many collectors we see. This collection is priceless and equivalent to the NFL hall of fame with worn jerseys or cleats. Quite impressive.

I agree 100%. Nothing wrong with collecting cues for the artistry by any means -- but this is more impressive to me. True historical game-used provenance by our greatest champions. The "sports memorabilia" aspect of collecting is far more interesting to me than being an art collector. But, that's just my personal perspective.

Thank you, Mr. Glenn for sharing your family's amazing collection!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/7bM3L1ZGiJA

Note: It's Denny Glenn!
I am new here to the forum. I have been asked to join for years, but I am sort of a dinosaur when it comes to 'posting' (and replying)...but I am finally on here.
Thanks for the welcome!
Hope you enjoy the video. Looking forward some good things for pool and billiards.

Denny...Thanks for sharing a look at some of your incredible collection. I also wish for a brick & mortar HOF where this could be permanently displayed.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

coastydad

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Mr. Glenn! I had the pleasure of spending some time with Pete Glenn several years ago in Colorado Springs. Very nice man and still played a mean game of one pocket. Very interesting to talk to!

DennyGlenn

Registered
Well...for Luther Lassiter, I have 7 or 8 of Luther's cues, including his first cue as a teenage boy. His favorite cue was the Balabushka that I have with the linen wrap and wooden grip. His Martin cue which he had wrapped in leather (simulated alligator) TWICE which he carried in his Martin case, Billy Stroud gave to me in Austin, Texas 25-30 years ago. Luther Lassiter was his great friend and gave him the Martin case while Billy was still playing.

DennyGlenn

Registered
Thank you all for your interest and all your support. We have to get our connections together to get this where it needs to go and where it can be properly displayed. I am working on an alphbetical inventory/list of the player's cues in this collection. It is taking me a while...50 plus years. Ha.
Who owned and played with these cues and the stories behind them is the most interesting part of it all.

For some people that are still with us and still playing, it reads like a script from "This is Your Life".
Notably, ...Marshall SQUIRREL Carpenter, Danny DiLiberto, Billy Incardona, Jimmy Mataya, Truman Hougue, Bucktooth Cook, Artie Boedendorfer, Danny Janes, Richard Black Bill Schick, Ernie Guitterez, Richard Helmstetter...and so many more.

DennyGlenn

Registered
Many of you know how to get in touch with me. I'm working hard on this all the time. I'm a dinosaur. I'm not good at Instagramming, Facebooking or posting on these forums...but, I have some help and I'lll try my best.
THANK YOU,
Denny

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Well...for Luther Lassiter, I have 7 or 8 of Luther's cues, including his first cue as a teenage boy. His favorite cue was the Balabushka that I have with the linen wrap and wooden grip. His Martin cue which he had wrapped in leather (simulated alligator) TWICE which he carried in his Martin case, Billy Stroud gave to me in Austin, Texas 25-30 years ago. Luther Lassiter was his great friend and gave him the Martin case while Billy was still playing.

Great info, Denny. I have a feeling the first two pictures here are the most interesting to people, to know what they are, and I threw in his Martin and Rambow also.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Lassiter 2.jpg
    Lassiter 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 456
  • Lassiter Cue.jpg
    Lassiter Cue.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 472
  • Lassiter Martin.jpg
    Lassiter Martin.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 456
  • Lassiter Rambow.jpg
    Lassiter Rambow.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 460

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have heard about your collection for years. It is truly staggering. There is nothing even remotely close to it. Thank you for everything you've done for the billiard world!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/7bM3L1ZGiJA

Note: It's Denny Glenn!
I am new here to the forum. I have been asked to join for years, but I am sort of a dinosaur when it comes to 'posting' (and replying)...but I am finally on here.
Thanks for the welcome!
Hope you enjoy the video. Looking forward some good things for pool and billiards.
Beautiful video, Denny. It's great to see you posting.

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing collection, your insurance premiums must be sky high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great to see my buddy Dennis posting and sharing some info on his wonderful collection

I remember meeting his father for the first time in Dallas
I thought he was just another older pool player

I didn't realize I was talking to the most successful pool hustler that ever lived

So when he suggested one pocket I was expecting to make a nice deposit into my account

Well Pete left town with my Szamboti,Balabushka and Gina cue

He was such a nice guy that I loaned him a case to carry the cues home

He gave me Denny's phone number and I waited 6 months before calling

When Denny answered I told him what happened and he offered consolation

Little did I realize I was making a friend that i am not ashamed to say I love
like a brother i never had

To share in a very small way in helping him collect pool stuff
provided me the motivation to stick around pool

The Hall of Fame of pool must contain these treasures

Denny loves pool, in a way, the life of Denny is pool,in the best way possible

Last edited: