Are the bars closing next ?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
NY governor closing all restaurants and bars statewide at 8pm for 2 weeks. No pool in Syracuse for at least 2 weeks. Could be months. Be safe, take care of your own and yourselves.
PHP:

Time to put paper over the windows and "remodel" a bit :)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
While this is going on I'm still working with thousands of people everyday from all over the country and some from outside of it.

Guess when it comes to getting a Nuclear Plant back online some lives dont matter.

No testing, no temperatures taken, nothing.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
City of Dallas, Dallas County close all bars, dine-in restaurants, gyms,billiard halls, theaters to stop spread of COVID-19 coronavirus

https://www.fox4news.com/news/city-...eaters-to-stop-spread-of-covid-19-coronavirus
The San Francisco Bay Area is in shelter-in-place mode. Essential workers (first responders, gas, grocery, health care, infrastructure) can go to work. The rest of us are expected to stay home except for urgent trips, like for food, health care, and to help others. A week ago at the grocery store, all the chips were out. A few days ago, all the pasta was out.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys might be just a week or two away from that very stage. Especially if you don't start treating this as the full-scale public health threat that it is. *NOW*.

In Holland, the decision to close all bars and pubs (incl poolhalls) until 6th april was announced yesterday, a half hour before it was in effect.

Ohio did it Sunday. The governor even suspended today's general election until June. This is an unprecedented example of why the power of the state should be used more than the power of the federal government. Anytime you put all power in one place, that's when the majority of the people get screwed. I really don't expect someone from the Netherlands to understand. but you do have to understand whenever you put all the power in one place, it makes for abuse of power.

let me give you an example if Nancy Pelosi had the decision to suspend or cancel State elections, do you think she would have done it in this situation? No. She knows that most elderly voters are conservative. they would have to choose between their health or going out to vote. she knows most of them won't show up.

You think this is an extreme example? I can tell you that it's not. Just review all of her comments. Conservatives are deplorables. yes that was a Hillary Clinton quote but she has used it also.

Last edited:

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Harris County Texas (basically the Houston metro area) announced last night that all bars are to close for 15 days and all restaurants are limited to carry-out or delivery service no dine in.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While this is going on I'm still working with thousands of people everyday from all over the country and some from outside of it.

Guess when it comes to getting a Nuclear Plant back online some lives dont matter.

Same with the Agriculture business. I work at an Agronomy plant (custom spraying, fertilizer/pesticide). Business as usual.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Pretty much.

Go read up on Chernobyl and see what happened to those first responders and the clean up crew. Sent to their deaths. Most died within 48 hours. Others weeks, some months, but all died eventually.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Im not worried about league play, I have 2 tables at home. Instead of going to shoot league all we need is our pool tables and a cell phone to stream our matches against each other. We can compete by playing the ghost against each other, thats all I got.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've had to close our poolroom in northwestern NC for the first time in the 24 years since we opened - very sad. I informed our players that last night was likely our final weekly 9-ball tournament until further notice. Luckily, our restaurant / grill, which is a large portion of our revenue (we are a non-alcohol facility) is take-out orders only, which will hopefully allow most of our employees to keep their hours and to keep some level of cash flow coming in - even if it's hardly enough to cover our food and labor costs

I've contemplated whether to allow the few of our hard core regulars to still be able to come in to play, but probably not, as that would not seem fair to others wondering why they aren't allowed to play.

Last edited: