Buzzing in the butt of my Huebler Blue Mammoth

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I believe there is something loose in the butt probably the weight bolt or something. When one hits a hard draw shot you can hear the "buzz" also when you lightly tap the butt on the table it buzzes. Taking the bumper off shows that the screw was epoxied in and can not be turned. Anyone know someone who can fix it? What will the cost be?

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Typically, Huebler weight bolts are glued in. My guess would be the A-joint, although I would check the bolt first. Either can be fixed.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
A cue maker did mention the A joint but can not seem to be able to find someone to give me a price to do it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A cue maker did mention the A joint but can not seem to be able to find someone to give me a price to do it.

Looks like I can't sent you a PM.

I was going to send you a link that you might find helpful.

These guys probably will not be quoting prices in the open forum. I think it's against the rules. And if they haven't examined the cue it will be hard for them to say. Even then they don't really know until they take it apart.

If your PM is disabled, how will they help you?

If you are worried it is the A joint, if I were you I would research handle replacement prices and start there as a ballpark figure. They may not need to replace then handle but I think that will get you in the range since it involves taking the A joint apart. It could be less or more though. I am guessing and I am no cue maker.

You have a Blue Mammoth? It is well worth the repair IMHO. And I would certainly send it to a very reputable repair man.