Who's building prongs?

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Anyone besides Prather building prongs, nowadays?
Anyone in here interested?
My father is building some nice cues, lately; but, he is not equipped for points just yet. I'd like to find a 4pt prong with veneers in my favorite colors from which he could build me a cue. He's built a few Prather prongs, and they're nice; however, I'd like to have deeper points with bases closer together.
PM any info or interest, please.

Thanks,
Josh

08sabre

Prongs

Hi, sorry for a dumb question, but what are prongs? Is that just another way to describe what I call a 4 point cue. Thanks

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone besides Prather building prongs, nowadays?
Anyone in here interested?
My father is building some nice cues, lately; but, he is not equipped for points just yet. I'd like to find a 4pt prong with veneers in my favorite colors from which he could build me a cue. He's built a few Prather prongs, and they're nice; however, I'd like to have deeper points with bases closer together.
PM any info or interest, please.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh
Why not just ask Mr. Prather if he can do what your looking for?

dpaulnot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Superior cues

Check out Martin at Superior cues for a nice John Davis Blank

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not in the market to buy any prongs, but I noticed that the ad didn't mention a matching butt sleeve. Is it usual to sell a prong without a sleeve made of the same wood as the points?

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Hi Josh
Why not just ask Mr. Prather if he can do what your looking for?

Probably going to have to go that route. Thanks, Mike; I should have thought of that first.
I just don't like to ask craftsmen to change how they build. I usually look for one that already builds what I'm after. However, this search is proving difficult.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably going to have to go that route. Thanks, Mike; I should have thought of that first.

I just don't like to ask craftsmen to change how they build. I usually look for one that already builds what I'm after. However, this search is proving difficult.

They have built me a few in the past. Just be very clear what you want. May not be a bad idea for a detailed drawing if it’s not simple.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Doesn't hurt to ask. You could always get a 6 pointer too.