Help! 314^2(12.5mm) or OB Classic(12.5mm)

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, its my first post... don't know which/where category should I post this. Pleas bear with me...

I'm Planning to Buy a Lucasi Custom LC60 cue , co z i was attracted by the designed. But I can't Decide on my shaft.

Scenario:

I'd like to try a low deflection shaft, preferably a 314^2 shaft, I have tried to hit a couple of balls (my friends predator (P3))... and it feels like the hit is hollow.. But regardless I can adjust to that hollow feeling coz' i want a low deflection shaft.

Given that I can adjust, I also would like to try on something that I'm familiar with, a Solid/Firm Hit using a standard Shaft... I like the feeling, but the deflection causes me to miss shots when using fast spin english (1,2tips with extra side force to make the ball spin faster).

I have read reviews about OB Classic. They say its good, especially for a player whose used to playing standard shafts (below $100 cues).

Now I know, both are good based on reviews.
=====================================================

with this, disregarding personal preferences (if it can be disregarded).

should get OB-Classic or 314^2 both 12.5mm

although im not as strong as hercules, actually the only thing that worries me about 314^2 is that, it may break once i use force follow or force draw (flexes the shaft)....
====================================================

What I need is, an honest review about 314^2 and OB classic Differences in deflection and spin the strength of the shaft.

=======================================================

And would it be advisable if I own Both? would it be possible that i can switch anytime without having to adjust for more than a day.. or an hour?
Coz there might be a possibility that if i own both, one of them will be on the closet.

sorry for the confusing info.

THE FLASH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought an ob classic in dec. And i;m thinking about selling my custom shafts. It plays lights out. I promote it.

Espartaco_7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to swear by the Z2 from pred, until I tested an OB Classic Pro.

My experience is that OB Classic "Feels" a lot better than Predator and they are very close in the Low Deflection issue. More solid hit, more consistency.

Predators make wonderful shafts but OB (IMHO) got them even better.

You may go either way but I strongly recommend OB. Just my 2 cents. :grin:

asianevil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first LD shaft was a Pred 314-2 (Moori medium), vastly different from a pure maple shaft. Extremely stiff and lacking any "feel" to it. At times, it seemed that the cue ball would fly off the tip without even feeling it.

Next was a OB1 (Moori soft, Kamui brown M and S and Kamui blk SS), a MUCH soft stiffer hit than the Pred. Much better hit for myself as I play more One Pocket than anything else.

Then bought a OB classic (Moori blk S and SS). Great all around hit, it has a crisp and stiff hit but with feel. Very low deflection as the OB1. Its a great blend of softness and feel but like I said crisp and stiff. (eesh, what am I talking about here?!?) Many of the online stores will allow you to purchase and return, to test drive the shaft. I just bought another OB classic (Kamui Blk SS) to back up my play shaft. Good luck.

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmmm....

I see...

So more points for OB Classic.....

Now in terms of Replacing Ferrules or tips, I know 314^2 is a delicate shaft, which means i have to take extra care of it.. and i mean extra... coz if the ferrule is broken I'd buy a new one again......

But when it comes to ferrule, Does the Low deflection feature lessen just in case i might change the ferrule due to wear and tear...

and also for an OB classic, I know that to have a low Deflection, the mass of the end shaft (tip part etc.) must be lesser than the cue ball, but what if my ferrule is made of phenolic resin (Cue Ball) or Pure Ivory.....?

=====================================================

By the way thanks for all your reply... I'm a filipoino working here in saudi arabia, and i can't find a near, proper dealer in my area so, its rare for me to test the OB classic or 314^2 occasionally... and I'm gonna buy it from seyberts..

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
I used to swear by the Z2 from pred, until I tested an OB Classic Pro.

My experience is that OB Classic "Feels" a lot better than Predator and they are very close in the Low Deflection issue. More solid hit, more consistency.

Predators make wonderful shafts but OB (IMHO) got them even better.

You may go either way but I strongly recommend OB. Just my 2 cents. :grin:

It's kind of like what an old rock & roll friend of mine once said, "The Beatles are the best, but the Stones are really the BEST"!

My favorite shafts are the Pro Classic and the original Z. But the OB Classic and the original 314s are close behind.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Classic

I have a OB Classic on order that is being slightly modified to my specs. I doubt one is much better then the other and either one will take some time to get used to. I am just pissed at the Chinese govt. for all their spying on us and would rather buy from an American company.

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
My .02

I have both a Z2 and OB Classic Pro. Same tip on both. Now trying to sell my Z2 after playing with them both. Although I haven't hit with a smaller diameter 314-2, my vote is for OB as of current. I believe they reign KING of low deflection and the feel is so lively.