SS360(by Bob Danielson)shaft for Cognoscenti cue - ringwork by KJ

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
it arrived yesterday(I wait about a month before Bob made/send it) so these are only few first impressions.

First of all these are some pics: 20140103_121712.jpg
20140103_121721.jpg
20140103_150809.jpg

The shaft is very well done.
The details are:
-lenght 28 3/4 inches(cognoscenti shafts are a little shorter than standard)
-standard taper that ss360 shaft(it's not not like predator, more conical)
-diameter 12.75mm at tip(I aske 12.65, not a big problem but I prefere a little smaller)
-ferrule long 16mm
-hole for joint pin 7/16x11(here a little problem: I have put some soap to help the joint enter in the shaft and it's very very hard to close, maybe in the future the wood will fit, but now it must be a great deal of force

The ring(very great job) was made from KJ.
The weight is 3.88 once(110 gr).

It play very rigid. I initially installed a Talisman WB Hard. I seemed to play with break cue. So today I cut off the talisman and put a Kmaui Black M.

The shaft seems to work well (low deflection) but I still have to do a little practice to make a definitive judgment.

Last edited:

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: with kamui black M the cue hits great... like a gun!!
Very impressive!
Not ultra low deflection, about the the deflection of a 314-2 but with a monster hit!
Great balance with this heavy shaft.
And ton of english with minimum effort!

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Mino. Kamui tips work well on my shafts. Hope you are finding lots of time to play some pool and very glad you like your new shaft.

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Mino. Kamui tips work well on my shafts. Hope you are finding lots of time to play some pool and very glad you like your new shaft.

You're welcome Bob.

I suggest to all Cog owners/players that would like a low deflection shaft to take in consideration the SS360 with ring by KJ: the taper, rigidity and hit are very similar to a original cog shaft!

Last edited:

Luc Comtois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also like my custom BD SS360 LD shaft on my Josey custom cue. It plays great and Bob is a good person to deal with.

I highly recommanded these shafts.

Lucas
Lucas Cue Shop

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update.
I have try and try but the shaft for my taste originally was too much hard.
After some suggestion from Bob, I turned down it 12.6mm and with a long pro taper.
Now it plays amazing!!

Mino

Last edited:

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Mino,

Thank You for the honorable mention.
It was my great pleasure in providing the ring-work for this shaft.
I believe that I share in Bob's sentiments that we want you to be happy with your purchase.
You have always been a 1st class client and should you ever need anything further, please just ask.
My door is always open to you.

All the Best, KJ