Falcon production

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Then they closed that factory and moved overseas...

I have a sister model to the one built in the video (an M5 tuxedo cue). It was made in the same Mississauga Ontario factory, and could be for sale for the right price :thumbup::cool:

Dave <-- waiting for big offers

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then they closed that factory and moved overseas...
So that video was in the states? I wonder if they just moved the equipment on the video.

I'm a retired Furniture Engineer.
If they are using foreign lumber it's total junk. Grain pattern varies per inch on imported lumber.

Should have kept the AdamBushka.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
So that video was in the states? I wonder if they just moved the equipment on the video.

I'm a retired Furniture Engineer.
If they are using foreign lumber it's total junk. Grain pattern varies per inch on imported lumber.

Should have kept the AdamBushka.

They had their factory in Canada .

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Co. was started by a Chinese guy. Made great cues. Made butts for Predator for a while. Like previous poster said, factory is now in China.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member

I believe that some of the equipment (a Hardinge 2nd op lathe is one piece I recall) was sold to locals.

The Falcon factory in the video was in Mississauga Ontario Canada. Mississauga is now part of greater Toronto.

Further to this topic, the series "How It Is Made" has some fabulous shows on all kinds of products. Look it up on Youtube and see common items being made, some are quite amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_How_It's_Made_episodes

Dave

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all of this equipment is now in First Choice Billiards' shop near Toronto, name is Justin, he makes very good custom cues..... Omega usually has 1 or 2 for sale.....he only makes a very limited amount each year, I play with one and it's the best hitting cue (in my opinion) I've tried.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
The original people that owned Falcon Cues were Ernie Chen and his son Peter started working with him as he came of age and finished his schooling, they made the Bear line (in Germany, used to sponsor Bustamante I believe) along with making cues for Predator.

Neil

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a few of their cues and a Mohawk, Ernie's first foray into cues. Tyler is another line that was a collaboration between Ernie and Joss. I still use a falcon shaft on my p!ayer as I think they had great tapers and exceptional shaft wood.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking any production cue that was produced in the same manner would play good enough for the vast majority of players. Opinions?

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking any production cue that was produced in the same manner would play good enough for the vast majority of players. Opinions?

Absolutely. Majority of pro's play with regular production cues.