jump cues

gatorjoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay so I'm looking at buying a jump cue and want some input what's the best one out there ive been looking at the bunjee jump but don't know I don't want to waste my money so lets see all the wisdom from the great people on here

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I like my 3 piece jumper by Stealth. I also have a Mace Jump Break by Rick Howard that I'm fond of. Mark Bear makes a good jumper with purple heart shaft. I hear that Lomax also makes good jumpers.

Try as many as you can till you find one that works well for you. Some seem to work better for dart style jumping vs. those that work better for the regular pool stroke style of jumping.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I brought the Bunjee Jumper to market 12 years ago. Since then I have seen many jump cues which claim to be the best, the most accurate, jump higher, jump easier etc...

I classify jump cues in two categories,

Normal weight and ultralight.

I feel that the standard for jump cues is 7-9oz as the Bunjee is and that this is the best weight to combine jumpability with control.

The ultralights are generally 6oz and less. These cues make the jump shot easier but a lot of control is sacrificed as the user has to apply more force to the shot.

I personally think that there isn't much difference in the cues offered in either class.

Bunjee, Fury, Stinger, whatever, the only real question is whether you want one that is super light or one that offers better control?

In my opinion that is.

I am sure others will weigh in with theirs including which brands they prefer. I can tell you this, for every person who says that they owned a Bunjee and now they own a xxx-brand and it jumps better there is another person who owns xxx-brand and feels a Bunjee jumps better. All the top jump cues are so close that it's really just a matter of personal perception as far as I can see.

Having said that I do need to point out that there are exceptions. Once at a show I tried a Gulyassy and couldn't jump a ball with it. I went over to my booth and grabbed a Bunjee and was able to jump easily. Then I talked to Mike and we discovered that the Gulyassy had a 12mm tip and a whippy shaft. I tried another Gulyassy with a taper similar to the Bunjee and I could jump balls with ease again.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Try a search. The search sucks if you don't logout first (some weird bug)... but basically just do this:

1. logout
2. click search
3. type in "best jump cue" (with the quotes)
4. fill in the trivia question (zzz)

You'll get lots of results with people asking the same question.

qexpert_101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jump cue

I have a Alex Brick Diamondwood 3 piece jump cue with a white diamond tip this cues is very easy to jump with. I have two friends that couldn't jump until they tried this cue.

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i recently picked up a Custom B&D jump/break...all purpleheart wood, with a black phenolic butterfly design in it, and it jumps balls better than any cue ive ever owned or played with. absolutely my favorite. they are out of Springfield, MO.
i highly recommend!

Brandon Spitler.

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
I like my 3 piece jumper by Stealth. I also have a Mace Jump Break by Rick Howard that I'm fond of. Mark Bear makes a good jumper with purple heart shaft. I hear that Lomax also makes good jumpers.

Try as many as you can till you find one that works well for you. Some seem to work better for dart style jumping vs. those that work better for the regular pool stroke style of jumping.

I can personally attest to the Mark Bear - great jumper! I had him install the Tiger Hybrid tip (hard leather center with a phenolic collar). Previously, I had a Jacoby which is also a good jumper.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
steve lomax. do a search on jump cues and his name will come up quite a bit. he makes a great cue and an awesome jump cue.

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Okay so I'm looking at buying a jump cue and want some input what's the best one out there ive been looking at the bunjee jump but don't know I don't want to waste my money so lets see all the wisdom from the great people on here

Joe,
Get a Steve Lomax. You will not be sorry. On the production side the best jump cue is the Mezz AirDrive, it actually comes with 2 shafts.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101

I use a Star cue thats been cut for a jump option. Any cue mentioned works with "practice" from J&J $50 unit to a $400 OMEN Grey Ghost <which I help design>:p and everything in between.

Good luck with your quest, remember...try a few before you buy a few.

Flash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump cues smump cues

Dude, just get some names and try them out, again when selecting a cue, it is what you are most comfortable with. They all do the same thing. Unless you are going to be ultrapicky, my guess you are not a pro and don't need to be. I don't want to offend you, just being realistic! Good Luck.