menphis tn

gatorjoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys I am in need of a picture of the sign at the motel 78 on hwy 78 any help would be great
thanks
Joe

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Hey guys I am in need of a picture of the sign at the motel 78 on hwy 78 any help would be great
thanks
Joe

Planning a trip to The Rack?

This is what I found... not sure if this is what you are looking for....

78-Motel.gif

But here is the one in Tupelo.

Tupelo-78Motel.jpg

Last edited:

gatorjoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks blackjack but I'm looking for the one in Memphis its a dive but I stayed there about 3 years ago and I need a picture of the sign for a tattoo I googled it but couldn't find it on line But thank you for looking for it for me

hivoltg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you got a cross road on 78? How good of a pic do you need? I can go snap a pic on my phone if that helps. I don't have my camera with me, but I can get a pic with my camera if you can wait a few days

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Have you got a cross road on 78? How good of a pic do you need? I can go snap a pic on my phone if that helps. I don't have my camera with me, but I can get a pic with my camera if you can wait a few days

Here is the best I could do on google maps - I am not sure if the sign is there any more - I didn't see it in the auction pics.

78motel_Lamar.JPG

hivoltg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll run by there in a few hours when I get off work and see if the sign is still there

gatorjoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the place its on Lamar in between oldgetwell and newgetwell and I can wait because I am about to start a half sleeve thanks guys

Last edited:

hivoltg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem Joe. If the sign is still there, I'll get a few pics with my cell phone this morning and I can get some better pics Friday with my digital camera. I get off work in 4 hours so I'll post back here and let you know what I've found.

Any other pics from the area? Maybe the Rack sign or the Gentleman's Club?:grin::grin::grin:

gatorjoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man I can't believe that place is closed so many stories from the short 3 days I stayed there its one of those places u have to stay in at least once in your life but o well nobody's really missing any thing it really was a piece but any ways thanks again hivoltg I don't need the other signs so there no sense in having u waste ur gas man but I do appreciate the offer the motel sign is all I will be inking

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
No problem Joe. If the sign is still there, I'll get a few pics with my cell phone this morning and I can get some better pics Friday with my digital camera. I get off work in 4 hours so I'll post back here and let you know what I've found.

Any other pics from the area? Maybe the Rack sign or the Gentleman's Club?:grin::grin::grin:

Well... seeing that you're going in that direction, stop by Payne's and get me a slab of ribs and a tub of potato salad.

:wink:

hivoltg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's no longer called Motel 78, now it's the Real Value Inn. I swung by and snapped a few pics of the sign with my phone, but if you want good pics I can get some during the day with my camera on Friday. Just let me know

0_1.jpg

0_1-1.jpg