Brash Americans

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're lucky that the Marine didn't take you outside and ricochet your noggin off a lamp post.

Or teach him how to belt fight. Or the bar of soap in a sock trick.

Don't underestimate the Navy either. Some tough cookies on board ships.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I'm proudly Amercian... we've earned our reputation.

I "practice" pool early in the day...I'm here to practice not "play". That's why I come here this time of the day??? dah... I've been practicing 10 ball breaks for about 20 min's and this American Merchant Marine "watching" the whole time challenges me to a game of 8 ball. "I hate 8-ball' it's a punk ass game was my reply. 10 ball or one-pocket..."buddy", you are challenging me, you don't get to choose the game.

There are other table's to play on...leave me alone...is what I'm thinking.

Sure enough...he ended playing one of the pool table Maids in the bar and got "owned". He nsisted on playing "behind the line 8 ball"????? What about house rules, your not in Kansas anymore.

So, you didn't even have the "stones" to play some "punk ass" game with a some Merchant Marine who got his ass handed to him by one of the "Maids".... yeah, u gotta lotta heart :)

champ2107

Banned
i think i seen op video of him shooting, he shouldn't talk trash like that since he looks like a beginner player to me.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Hey Scott, I have to agree. I originally bought a cue from Jim Baxter and it went from that to BSing with him on AZ to meeting him in Vegas one year.
That turned out to be a very nice long distance acquaintance and will most likely stay that way for some time.

He still doesn't give me any slack on the joint protectors tho. Friends are friends and biz is biz.
But he does send me some pretty funny jokes.

Last edited:

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't you do it anymore?

I found out that the beer isn't even worth my time.

And, I see the self-proclaimed righteous members still spouting off. It must be nice to sit atop a perch and proclaim others to be hustlers. A hustler is somebody who deceives. If you read what I wrote very closely, you'll note that there was no deception whatsoever. Quite the opposite actually. The really funny part is, what would we think of the best hustlers, or the best deceivers?? We'd probably think they are the greatest guys in the world, right? Not sure who is following me, but I feel I have a pretty good idea who the true hustlers are around here.

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP reminds me of a quote

"Never argue with an idiot they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Chinchilla...Well excuse me. I thought you quit doing that "move" because it's unethical. Offering to play somebody 8 ball and offering to "take all their balls off of the table after the break" is straight out of "Hustling 101", and one of the oldest propositions there is. I personally don't believe in that kind of behavior...but if you do, then be my guest.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I found out that the beer isn't even worth my time.

And, I see the self-proclaimed righteous members still spouting off. It must be nice to sit atop a perch and proclaim others to be hustlers. A hustler is somebody who deceives. If you read what I wrote very closely, you'll note that there was no deception whatsoever. Quite the opposite actually. The really funny part is, what would we think of the best hustlers, or the best deceivers?? We'd probably think they are the greatest guys in the world, right? Not sure who is following me, but I feel I have a pretty good idea who the true hustlers are around here.

john just

Registered
ricochet or carom

You're lucky that the Marine didn't take you outside and ricochet your noggin off a lamp post.

He came into port and had a few days off to sight see. He saw that you were playing by yourself and asked for a game.
I don't see where that was either rude or brash.
I have also been a stranger in town in many places across North America. Its nice to be able to talk to a friendly person that will give you the time of day. I will always return the favor if I can. People have made lasting friendships in similar circumstances.

PS - You are either Pocket Point or you have a dople ganger in the USA.

Uh I think this being a pool forum the term for the Marines possible response could have been to carom his noggin off a lamp post.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Uh I think this being a pool forum the term for the Marines possible response could have been to carom his noggin off a lamp post.

Once and for all people. The guy was NOT a member of the United States Marine Corps. Merchant Marine's may or may not be as tough as any given leather neck. Your results may vary.

john just

Registered
ricochet or carom

Once and for all people. The guy was NOT a member of the United States Marine Corps. Merchant Marine's may or may not be as tough as any given leather neck. Your results may vary.

Why thank you for pointing out the fact that he was not a member of the USMC. However that doesnt change the point of my post. :) What is a Nit extraordinaire? Oh nevermind.:D

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I knew that it was said that he was a Merchant Marine.
Just kind of figured that he could handle himself as good as any swabby can.

I agree, Carom is a much better word. I believe the noise created would be the same tho.
Head off a lamp post brings about a much nicer brighter tone than head off a fire hydrant.

Last edited:

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There being (at least) two sides to every story, I'd like to think the Merchant Marine fellow's conversation with the girl he ended up playing went like this:

"Wow, that guy over there's a douche. Want to play some? I'm in port for a couple of days and just want to have a little fun."