Favorite color of Simonis for a home table?

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going to buy a house soon and have a Diamond 9' Pro that will be going in a few months from now...

I was going to put tournament blue 860 on it, but it's going to be in the main living room (won't fit anywhere else). I'm thinking that tour blue will be a little intense for this purpose. What other color would be good, but not too dark? I'm not a fan of green or red cloth. I'm thinking slate color or grey might be good. Have any pictures of home tables with different colors to post?? or advice?

Thanks

i also have a table in my living room,have the some problems like you,in the end i decide to put Royal Blue color,only my cloth is Simonis 760.The Royal Blue is darker but is not to dark in my opinion

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have an 8' in my living room. Had a dark maroon on it first because it matched the decor. frickin awful. Put t. blue 860 on it and adjusted the decor around it. It just don't get sweeter.

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going to buy a house soon and have a Diamond 9' Pro that will be going in a few months from now...

I was going to put tournament blue 860 on it, but it's going to be in the main living room (won't fit anywhere else). I'm thinking that tour blue will be a little intense for this purpose. What other color would be good, but not too dark? I'm not a fan of green or red cloth. I'm thinking slate color or grey might be good. Have any pictures of home tables with different colors to post?? or advice?

Thanks

Powder blue last longer.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Blue is the new green. Green is always a great color to play on but I prefer blue. Tournament Blue especially is getting more popular for rooms and tournaments.

For home tables, blue is great for the following reasons:

- it shows absolutely no chalk marks from blue chalk.

- it's a pretty color that goes well with a variety of complementary colors. In fact, Blue is almost neutral becase it blends well with almost anything.

- dark colors contrast well with the balls. (blue does tend to obscure the 4 ball).

Negatives:

Green and blue both will stain - so always wash your hands before you play.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Blue is the new green. Green is always a great color to play on but I prefer blue. Tournament Blue especially is getting more popular for rooms and tournaments.

For home tables, blue is great for the following reasons:

- it shows absolutely no chalk marks from blue chalk.

- it's a pretty color that goes well with a variety of complementary colors. In fact, Blue is almost neutral becase it blends well with almost anything.

G

Think about the color of blue matching almost everything. The sky is blue and a lot of water in the ocean, lakes and rivers looks blue. Plus it is a prime color.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
The only consideration when picking a cloth color is how it will play. The tourney blue is popular because all of the balls stand out on it. It goes well with everything. My uncle did his table in an almost navy blue, made shooting the 4 6 8 balls harder, because they blended in with the dark cloth so well.
Match the decor to the table itself, make the cloth a playable color. I prefer the blue, but the tan and green are also nice to shoot on. Easier on the eyes.

:cool:

Pangit

Banned
The only consideration when picking a cloth color is how it will play. The tourney blue is popular because all of the balls stand out on it. It goes well with everything. My uncle did his table in an almost navy blue, made shooting the 4 6 8 balls harder, because they blended in with the dark cloth so well.
Match the decor to the table itself, make the cloth a playable color. I prefer the blue, but the tan and green are also nice to shoot on. Easier on the eyes.

:cool:

I'm Color Blind. See things differently. I agree that the tourney blue is too bright. Royal Blue would be my preference...they used to have "Marine Blue", that would be my first choice. Blue cue chalk blends in nicely with either one.

What about the guy/gal that comes in a Pool playing establishment and plays with tan Master chalk....leaves a trail...? There seems to be an urban legend that tan Master is the best thing this side of 28$ a pop Kamui ?

At the end of the day....Efren, Django, Darren, Earl, Buddy, Ralf, Shane, etc... don't give a rat's ass about it. "I can play on anything". I'm guessing they would say.

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
before i install Royal Blue on my table i have Marine Blue.
my experince and opinion is that Royal Blue stays in shape much better then Marine Blue(in terms of coloring),Marine Blue it looks like loose colors after few months,it seems like becoming grey tone,anyway it loose much of the colors from when was new.Royal Blue in the other hands,after few months still have bright colors,but on the Royal Blue you can see much more CB spots from breaking,playing.They are ugly white spots on the table.With the use of Simonis X1 the chalk is not problem,if properly cleaned,i can play on the table for hour or two without my brigde hand to be dirty at all:D

just my experience,hope will help

SFMBI:sorry for my bad english

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the advice...

We made an offer on the house today so I'm excited to see what happens!

If we get this house, the room this table is going in has yellowish paint (probably will leave the color). It is a Great room with an open floor plan to the kitchen and sliding glass to the pool/lanai.

I have settled on blue Simonis. I think it will work well. Either Tournament Blue or Powder Blue or Electric Blue. Thanks for linking pics Junkbond, the Simonis website shows Powder blue to look almost grey on my screen, so that helped. Thanks Tate, I am digging the Electric blue. I'm leaning toward Electric or Tournament now. Like you know, playing on a dark color sucks for ball definition on long shots. I used to play on a maroon home table and hated that color...

The idea of a table cover is a good one and I'll probably get a nice brown one to keep it clean but I'm not worried about matching the decor. This is going into a new (to me) house so the decor can be selected to match the Diamond Pro with blue Simonis!!! :grin:

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tradition or Not

I have a 1923 Brunswick Balke Collender with1 1/2 slate and Simonis cloth.

The color is traditional green and it is beautiful.

My local pool room has the light blue Simonis and the balls are easier to see than the green.
It is because the green is darker and doesn't reflect the light as well as the light blue.

My next color will be the light blue.

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an update for all who contributed to this thread I started back in March.

Table finally installed this weekend with tournament blue. Very nice playing table!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349716020.667946.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349716065.583483.jpg

JC

Coos Cues
Back when I was single I was chatting with a woman on a dating site. She asked me what my favorite color was. I closed the chat window.

JC

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
If I were president of the world, pool table cloth would only be manufactured in green under penalty of death.
Other than that I have no strong opinions on the matter. :embarrassed2: