Calling all pro speed players

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to bet i would be on Siming side but that doesnt change the fact that this match should happen.

I just dont understand when someone wants to play a better player and think they can win, why everyone has to immediately come out and nay say them before it even happens. Let them learn there lesson.

Pool needs to be more encouraging to other players if not matches and tournaments would never exists. Who would go play in US Open if top 10 players are going?

What if this guy is a world beater who never played to his potential during fargo rating matches? What if Simings real fargo raiting against "all pool players" is actually a 720? We do not know that as we havnt seen her play mainly top male players.

This is a match that would further prove her fargo rating and the discrepancy between male and females. How do you think she did against that guy she played on 19th? Was her Fargo accurate?

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to completely misrepresent the post.

The post, by FargoRate (that Roys Basement shared) actually says:

Seems to me they are asking stream viewers if they would like to see her play more matches against American guys.

I have confirmed yes they are in fact looking for a game .

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or Dennis in a dress, with makeup.
Which would probably be enough to get past most people.

Not Roy. I think he would notice.

And how about this point: cheng's level of play declines during play. After decline, she is still likely equal or better rated to boogey.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have confirmed yes they are in fact looking for a game .

Okay, so I just found out that Siming is currently back in China with no information on when she will return.
Yes, I dodged that bullet, but I'm still looking to play a pro female.

Why?
Because I feel, with all due respect to all female pro players, that aside from pocketing balls, I feel I can hang in all other pool-playing attributes, e.g., cue ball control, concentration, endurance, safety play.....when playing any female pro player.

Call me crazy or call me hungry.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This reminds me of how I felt when I was a kid. When I was 18 I had been playing 10-12 hours a day for 5-6 years and felt so dialed in all I had to do was picture the shot the way I wanted it and it would happen. I thought I'd found the secret. If you picture something clearly enough and put oceans and universes of desire behind your vision you could just make it happen like magic.

So one night during what I'll refer to as an experimental phase of my life it was about 3 in the morning. Everyone else fell asleep and needless to say I was just starting to hit my peak. I had a deck of cards and remembered stories of Titanic throwing playing cards hard enough to knock over a bowling pin from the foul lane. I looked at the plaster walls and wondered if I could throw a playing card well enough to have it stick into the wall, quivering like an arrow that struck a bulls eye.

Well, I was convinced I could do it. I took the deck of cards. I pictured the image of what I wanted. Card quivering stuck 2/3 of an inch in the wall. My mind was void of all else. My universe became that image. I played it back in slow motion in my mind, the card coming out from the wall, spiraling through the air, back into my fingers, hand coiled back up into a poised moment of focused potential energy. Then I played it forward in my mind. I pictured how I'd feel, satisfied and at one with the wall.
I breathed in, then out. Then- I unlocked the magic!

The card fluttered harmlessly to the ground. It may have hit the wall sideways but then again it may have not have.

I tried again. I just needed to focus more. I just needed to picture it more clearly. The plaster giving way as the edge of the card began to shred open a tunnel through the plaster. Pictured the fragments of debris ejecting upon impact.

No dice.

I probably threw cards at that darned wall for an hour or two.

The next day I came to around noon, stretched out, looked around, and saw the remains of the deck, scattered and bent. What on Earth had I been thinking!?!?! Well, I didn't succeed, but it was a heck of a good night anyway.

During that time I've taken away two lessons. The human mind has almost limitless potential, but there are limits. And that was a nice place to visit but not a good place to live.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, so I just found out that Siming is currently back in China with no information on when she will return.

Why?
Because I feel, with all due respect to all female pro players, that aside from pocketing balls, I feel I can hang in all other pool-playing attributes, e.g., cue ball control, concentration, endurance, safety play.....when playing any female pro player.

I think the only woman pro that is in the US that would give a solid A player fits would be Karen Corr. Alison Fisher also but I don't know if she's in the US.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Why?

Maybe Karen Corr would do it. Her FargoRate is about halfway between yours and Chen's. And she is twice as old as Chen. And she lives in the USA. So maybe you could try to support your beliefs by playing her a long match.

Edit -- I just remembered that I heard she has had some back problems lately, so it might not be doable right now.
Edit2 -- Looks like hang-the-9 was on the same wavelength.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the only woman pro that is in the US that would give a solid A player fits would be Karen Corr. Alison Fisher also but I don't know if she's in the US.

Kelly Fisher and she has played men for money before.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okie dokie, I've lived in Tucson since 1976. I pretty much know and have played all the best players here over the years. Many have come over my house and played on my table. My Fargo is currently 661 (1680 robustness).
I've always been good at matching up and getting good games. LOL, I would stand no chance against Siming Chen in a long race to 15 or so.
I may have a slim chance to beat her in a race to 7 but that's about it.
If she comes to town, I'll play her $1 a game all night....LOL

Not 100% sure who boogeyman is but have an idea. I'll bet on Siming.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why?

She's coming back you can get a game then

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You laugh, but how many 600s would jump up and play some against a pro female player?
I'm counting on the intangibles to beat her.
If you don't know what those intangibles are then you probably don't possess them yourself.

How many Fargo rated 600s do I know dumb enough to bet themselves even up against a player light years ahead of them in skill? None. But then again I keep myself from hanging out with idiots on purpose. :thumbup:

You’re counting on talking shit, false confidence and bravado to win. But it won’t.

I’m well aware of what you think it takes. I’ve watched guys with big mouths get busted for over 40 years. I enjoy it deeply. It satisfies something deep in my soul to see someone step in a pile of dog shit, then stick that foot in their mouth. :D

Please, by all means. Step right up and play her. I only ask that someone stream it for all to see.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds great, Jay.
I will email you within the hour.
To some of you on here:
I feel some of you here think I'm b*llsh***ing and just hiding behind the screen just talking nonsense. You'll see that I'm not.
Way to go, boogeyman. You've got gamble.
I'm looking forward to this one coming about.
I just got to make a bet on the lady. Sorry, boogeyman, I admire your courage, but I don't think you can get to the finish line first against her.
Time will tell.
:thumbup:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
People got to stop with this>>>SVB said she could win a world championship thing. Of coarse he did. It's what he's supposed to say. The man is not ignorant to the branding and marketing part of the business. SVB is marketed as they say in Wrestling a "Face". Good all American boy type. Best in the land...USA...USA etc. He's not going to publicly say what he really thinks...I would crush her in a long race. Why because it's simply not nice and not good for his sponsors and image. He doesn't go into these long 100 game matches with the attitude that oh well...it's possible. No he brings a stack of his own cash and says I'm going to crush you Dennis. Against the very best competition. He is supremely confident in his abilities and needs to be. Don't confuse public message with real attitudes. Micheal Jordan, Tom Brady, Wayne Gretzky....under the hood stone cold killers. With attitudes to match.

It's kind of like when they tell a poor kid with no Father...you can be anything you want to be...including President. I know...I know...Obama. Well he's the exception and I can assure you under the hood he's really driven as well. Look what he did to that nice little Grandmother named Hillary.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okie dokie, I've lived in Tucson since 1976. I pretty much know and have played all the best players here over the years. Many have come over my house and played on my table. My Fargo is currently 661 (1680 robustness).
I've always been good at matching up and getting good games. LOL, I would stand no chance against Siming Chen in a long race to 15 or so.
I may have a slim chance to beat her in a race to 7 but that's about it.
If she comes to town, I'll play her $1 a game all night....LOL

Not 100% sure who boogeyman is but have an idea. I'll bet on Siming.

If you have an idea of who I am, tucson9ball, that's pretty good sleuthing.
I just started playing again, and I'm focused and determined (perhaps too much) to get better.

Despite what people on here wish to say about my intentions to play a female pro player, I appreciate that you didn't offer any discouraging words.

Well, on with the practice.
If you think you know who I am and we run into each, please say hello, because I have no idea who you are. :smile:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally believe Fargo Rating has enough data points and correlations to accurately rate men and women on equal scales. I think Siming’s rating is accurate and earned.

I admit the possibility of being wrong. There aren’t a lot of high profile data points in the public eye. Chen vs Mills was at least one public data point in support of my belief. As a good little scientist, I will keep my eye on the overall trends and not over emphasize any single result. It’d be nice to see a series of results of Chen playing other men ranging from 750 - 820. Even if someone else isn’t “buying it”, there’s enough information out there to justify the belief for the moment. Either way, the journey ahead will be entertaining and I appreciate Chen and Mills for what they gave us.

If she is truly a 790 as I believe she is, she could win a big open tournament or World Pool Masters just as likely as Albin Ouschan might. But in both cases I like the odds of SVB, Shaw, Wu, Orcollo, Feijen, or Filler a lot more. I think a 790 can beat an 800+ but you really want to be 800+ also to survive a field full of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally believe Fargo Rating has enough data points and correlations to accurately rate men and women on equal scales. I think Siming’s rating is accurate and earned.

I admit the possibility of being wrong. There aren’t a lot of high profile data points in the public eye. Chen vs Mills was at least one public data point in support of my belief. As a good little scientist, I will keep my eye on the overall trends and not over emphasize any single result. It’d be nice to see a series of results of Chen playing other men ranging from 750 - 820. Even if someone else isn’t “buying it”, there’s enough information out there to justify the belief for the moment. Either way, the journey ahead will be entertaining and I appreciate Chen and Mills for what they gave us.

If she is truly a 790 as I believe she is, she could win a big open tournament or World Pool Masters just as likely as Albin Ouschan might. But in both cases I like the odds of SVB, Shaw, Wu, Orcollo, Feijen, or Filler a lot more. I think a 790 can beat an 800+ but you really want to be 800+ also to survive a field full of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well you will get more of it however bare in mind the backers know who is who so there are players just below or just above your not likely to see her match up with even because after all they are trying to make money it's not a random draw

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why?

Crazy, hungry, and stupid all come to mind!

Bert

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
How many Fargo rated 600s do I know dumb enough to bet themselves even up against a player light years ahead of them in skill? None. But then again I keep myself from hanging out with idiots on purpose. :thumbup:

You’re counting on talking shit, false confidence and bravado to win. But it won’t.

I’m well aware of what you think it takes. I’ve watched guys with big mouths get busted for over 40 years. I enjoy it deeply. It satisfies something deep in my soul to see someone step in a pile of dog shit, then stick that foot in their mouth. :D

Please, by all means. Step right up and play her. I only ask that someone stream it for all to see.

Come on guys, leave Boogey alone. He's a big boy and he wants to play a little pool with that poor little Chinese girl. I spoke to her backer and he says that she is willing to take a chance and play another man. So, if we can work it out Boogey will get to show the world what he's made of. He's man, not a mouse! ;)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on guys, leave Boogey alone. He's a big boy and he wants to play a little pool with that poor little Chinese girl. I spoke to her backer and he says that she is willing to take a chance and play another man. So, if we can work it out Boogey will get to show the world what he's made of. He's man, not a mouse! ;)

Well, I've said what I wanted to, so I will leave it to Jim Croce who I think said it best.

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And if your FargoRate is 150ish points lower than hers, you don't mess around with Chen. :thumbup: