What is your preferred wrap on your favorite playing cue?

What is your preferred wrap on your favorite playing cue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I am bumping for the night-time crowd.

I really have no preference myself,(I think).

Perhaps a no wrap may bother me deep into a tourney, :shrug:

rmfcouch

Registered
Picked up a Schmelke sneaky not too long ago as an experiment to try wrapless and I was a convert after the first session. It's now my main player.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrapless is my first prefrence, but the Mezz Exceed cues is too expensive...
Second would be stingray grip
Third is a new fresh Irish linen grip.

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Wrap-less first, mainly to be able to see the beauty of the wood...
Then leather, lizard, then elephant, then just plain soft leather...
Irish linen?...no thanks, just don't care for the look or feel of it...
Clint

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You forgot to add things like Lizard, I have tried a few cues with a lizard wrap and liked it a bit better than leather. Although I like a smooth irish linen over any of them.

Even linen has different catergories, the double pressed stuff is smooth and often feels like a smooth leather wrap. A lot of people that see my cue actually think it's leather till they feel it.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Preferred Wrap

Each person, sweats, oils and has different skin conditions. Find a material that matches up with your grip, that's pretty much it. One comment on Lacquer non wrap cues. If your the type of person that sweats allot or plays in Humid conditions, lacquer combined with water can cause slippage. I know it cost me big one time, and it was why I sold that Kirschenbrock.

Last edited:

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I like Elephant ear. My next cue has that wrap.
I had a jump cue with an Elephant ear wrap and I still regret letting it go. The grip that you get with that grain took my jumps to a different level.
Dont know if this was unique to the wrap I had but, a past cue I owned had a sharkskin wrap which I loved but it actually seemed to generate heat as I used it. The longer I held it the warmer it got. I thought maybe it was just me so I had some friends try it and they confirmed. Anyone else experience that with sharkskin?

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
You forgot to add things like Lizard, I have tried a few cues with a lizard wrap and liked it a bit better than leather. Although I like a smooth irish linen over any of them.

Even linen has different catergories, the double pressed stuff is smooth and often feels like a smooth leather wrap. A lot of people that see my cue actually think it's leather till they feel it.

I like Lizard too. I considered that to fall under coarse-grain leather.(itsa bit "bumpy" )

Bumpa da thread for the daytime crowd. :)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my hands are too wet for wrapless cues, i have no chance with that plan over time, unless they are linseed oil finished and i can feel some wood grain, but thats rare nowadays.

I have a real lizzard skin on my player, now that it has 5 years and a couple thousand hours of play it feel good, its the only leather wrap i really liked. I'm a Courtland Linen wrap guy, that always works.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Wrapless for me.

Except I have one cue, a Bob Frey 4-pointer that has a smooth shark skin wrap that I really like as well.

Unfortunately, the cue was designed to be 57" and even though I have a 30" Z2 shaft on it right now, it is still too short for me at 58.5" so I rarely grab it and shoot with it.

Too bad, it's a great cue except for the length of the butt.

Back on topic, try a shark skin wrapped cue some time... you may like it.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Smooth black leather, calf or kangaroo is the only wrap I like. Wrapless cues don't work for me because they do not slide at all, and I just don't like linen wraps.

-dj

BumpnRun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Lizard too. I considered that to fall under coarse-grain leather.(itsa bit "bumpy" )

Bumpa da thread for the daytime crowd. :)

+1

I considered lizard to fall under the leather category, which was the way I voted.