Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I have no Butt Preference

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
ok, I did a lazy search and the question came up, but there was no poll on this.

so, I'm curious as to what kind of Butt the average AZ'er ( <---- is there one?), really likes to play (with) :D

Thick butt - all the "meat" is here a strong,slow taper (think 60's 70's cues)

Thin butt - Same as thick , just less "meat." The butt is still noticeably larger than the shaft.

Western style - A variant of thin with a stronger taper.

Bell-shaped - Thick with a stronger taper outward added toward the end of the cue

Pencil shaped - Thin with a long slow taper almost uniform to the shaft and slightly larger in diameter.

Some cue-makers only make cues one way.

so what's your preference ?

RedEyeJedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went from a Pechauer, which is in my opinion a very thin pencil-like(?) butt, to a Chris Nitti, which feels very thick by comparison. I don't think I could ever go back, it just feels like I'm holding a toy when I play with other cues, whereas my lumbering Nitti was just chopped out of the trunk of a tree and handed to me... if that makes any sense.

Wrapless is also something I transitioned to when I got the Nitti, and again it feels more natural in my hands, like my fingertips are in connection with the 'feel' of the cue.

Looking forward to talking to Chris Nitti about a custom cue to my specs later this year, but I'll have a hard time not going with his standard sizes. It just works.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Bump for a 100

Bumpin' this poll to see If it can get 100 replies. that would be a good sample but still a little small.

Nitti (IMO I'm no expert hence this poll), would be "thick" I also held a Mottey, McWorter, Omen, Szamboti,Scruggs,Jensen,Gilbert, My take is they all seem "thick" or standard.

On the thinner side : Murrell, Jim White, Barnhart, Gina, and I have a few Mezz production cues that are "thin"

It may have been a Pechauer that was pencil thin. You noticed it before you even played it.

I'm curious about the Jim White. Does he make all his cues with a "thin" Butt ?? The one I played was verry slim, but the guy had it made totally custom. :shrug:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
One that still reads 98.6 degrees, not to fat, not to thin...in other words, one that fits in the grip of my hand...perfectly!