Excuse me but,...

I would let my opponent borrow during a match with me.

• Nothing ! (Get yer own!)

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • Chalk

Votes: 74 56.1%
  • Powder

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Bridge

Votes: 83 62.9%
  • Tip tool

Votes: 73 55.3%
  • Cleaning rag

Votes: 45 34.1%
  • cue (the one you are playing)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Spare cue in your bag

Votes: 20 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
The last time I went to compete in league play at LTC's; I was asked By MY OPPONENT if I would let them use my bridge. (Yeah, I carry my own bridge,so what?)

So, I am asking you,..... Would you let your opponent use something of yours while at a crucial moment in your match???

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've offered my Moosehead bridge head to an opponent. I would not let an opponent borrow any type of cue (player, break, jump). But I don't even own a break or jump cue...

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No borrowing my player cue or chalk. Anything else is ok I guess but I would still prefer not to.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Chalk, bridge, tip tool, and that is it
During a match at a bar I used to play out of, my opponent was complaining that he
forgot his cue, and the bartender walked up with a cue that was left by someone and gave it to him.
I won the match, but never let the bartender forget it.
What ever happened to the home field advantage? :mad:
We go to their bar and people were running into me while I was shooting, I pushed back and almost got into a fight.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I could not answer this accurately. If my opponent is a decent guy he can borrow anything in my case, if he is a tool, I wouldn't give him my used toilet paper. I have seen plenty of both in my short time playing pool so far.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want my opponent to be able to blame themselves for why they screwed up and not the equipment. I should have included a tip tool in my vote, but forgot. I'll always let my opponent use my bridge and tip tool. Never my cue or chalk, but I do have some old spare dried out chalk they can try to use. Depends upon who it is if I let use anything else.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he's a sucker then the only two things I would not let him have is my playing cue and my money. Other than that he's welcome to everything else.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't have a problem loaning an opponent anything of mine if I knew who they were (as a player, not personally). I'd be cautious loaning someone I didn't know a cue, but only because I wouldn't know how they handle one. But if I know you to be at least a somewhat conscientious cueist, I wouldn't have a problem sharing the same cue in a match. We used to do it all the time growing up playing with the one straight house cue. In my experience, there's something about opponents cooperating together that tends to draw out another level of respect even while competing against one another. Sharing helps establish a bond between people. To me, that's almost always a good thing...even in not so good situations...where often those bonds end up becoming the strongest.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, squat. But that's just me ;)

In a tourney or league I use stuff that is not available by the house, chalk, bridge, LD shaft, etc. I have better chalk ( I think) I use an adjustabridge, which can save you in some tricky positions, espeically shooting over 2 balls.

I drag that bridge everywhere, so I'm certainly not gonna help him. I will look over at the next few tables, and gladly find him a house bridge and hand it to him.....I will give him any chalk I see that the house provided, even look around on the other tables.. but not my good stuff.

Now, if they are friends of mine, league or tourney, no problem. But just a random league or tourney guy. nah. It's every man for himself ;)

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
no...

it depends on the person...if its joe schmo then yeah i will lend them whatever just as an act of sportsmanship but if its a regular in the pool hall who always has to bum a buck or a cigarette then absolutely not. from what i've gathered in my short time playing and practicing on a regular basis...is that pool players in general are users...someone always has to give them something and they have no qualms about asking. take take take and so i answered no bc joe schmo generally doesn't ask me for squat...its always the regular who comes in ill equipped and short a couple of bucks who always needs to borrow a break cue or powder.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
but if its a regular in the pool hall who always has to bum a buck or a cigarette then absolutely not

I know that guy

Put me in the tournament
Back me
Will you drive 45-minutes out of your way and take me home
Loan me some gas money
You pay the time
Can I use your favorite cue
and my personal favorite "give me a dollar because I don't want to break a $100 bill"

All of the stuff on the list for this poll is more relevant for leagues and tournaments.
Who knows what would happen in a big money game.
Pool is kind of a cut throat dog-eat-dog game.
You can play your best friend in a tournament, or worse your best friend's wife,
maybe even your own wife><:eek:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
While I marked "nothing", it would really depend on the relationship I had with the other player, whether or not I liked them. During a night of regular weekly play I can recall an opposing player asking for a bridge, one of our players came to me and I responded "no way" because I think this the guy is a jack-ass and I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. A couple of minutes later our player needed a bridge and I took mine out, the other player began to rant, "why didn't you let me use it when I needed it?" I responded with, "Because it's mine and I don't like you. If you don't like it complain to the LO"

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YES - I have no problem with opponent using my gear.
At least this way he / she have no excuses when I open my can of WHOOPASS!

PS:
I don't share my can of WHOOPASS with anyone...
:thumbup: